Whoops!

McSwede

Whoops!

Post by McSwede »

Just sat awaiting recovery after a minor incident in the M140i :oops:

It's the polar opposite of the Grosjean incident yesterday too 😂

Came off M62 to grab a McD's and nearly took wrong exit off the roundabout, applied a bit more lock to continue round but my line around was wider than what it would normally have been, hit some diesel and understeered about 2ft straight on & into a big kerb and a temporary road sign. 'twas like hitting some ice! A very pathetic incident all in all 😂😂

Split tyre, some visible light wheel damage, scuffed headlight, scratched bumper and a scratched/dented wing.

At least I've been able to get a subway for lunch!
mik

Re: Whoops!

Post by mik »

RWD be dangerous for understeer. ;)

Glad to hear damage is minor (hopefully).
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

That’s one expensive Sub!
How about not having a sig at all?
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I hate understeer. Sorry to hear it.
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

DaveE

Post by DaveE »

:shock:

:cry:
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Sorry to hear that. Must have been some oily ice. :x
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Nothing worse than that helpless feeling of no grip heading towards a crunch, especially when it’s slow enough to think “this’ll be expensive”

Hope it all gets sorted quickly
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Sounds like a good start to your week 8-)
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Yes, it was all very pathetic and slow 😂

I'm ok and car will be when it's fixed. Just inconvenient really. That brief moment of no grip and no steering ability felt like a lifetime as I waited for the inevitable crunches.

I always thought a crash in this might be pirouetting though some scenery at great speed not this nonsense 😂

On the plus side I've just received my single biggest order at work this afternoon from a new client I've been working on, so every cloud.....
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

It's very greasy out there today - I did a big under steer on a roundabout when pressing on.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Oh dear. At least only minor damage.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Main thing is you're ok. The roads do seem to be very greasy at the moment and round here there's an awful lot of mud on them too which isn't going anyway.
Cheers,

Mike.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

I spun an inside front wheel pulling away from a side road this morning in the Defender !!!

That means you will all crash this morning I’m afraid if even my wobble bus has no grip.

It’s been foggy and damp with no wind this past week so the roads are very slimy.

Did you get much hassle from friendly car folk ? The only time I crashed where I was in the road I had a few people doing the slow head shake and generally thinking I’m a wanker.

Dave!
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

V8Granite wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:07 am.

Did you get much hassle from friendly car folk ? The only time I crashed where I was in the road I had a few people doing the slow head shake and generally thinking I’m a wanker.

Dave!
Didn't notice TBH. Rushed out of the car, extracted road sign from wheel arch and legged it round to the services for a subway and to assess the damage.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

McSwede wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:20 am

Dave!
Didn't notice TBH. Rushed out of the car, extracted road sign from wheel arch and legged it round to the services for a subway and to assess the damage.
Like that you prioritised lunch over damage assessment!
---
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

V8Granite wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:07 am I spun an inside front wheel pulling away from a side road this morning in the Defender !!!

That means you will all crash this morning I’m afraid if even my wobble bus has no grip.

It’s been foggy and damp with no wind this past week so the roads are very slimy.

Dave!
Winter tyres FTW. Galaxy rock solid this morning.
---
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

DeskJockey wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:48 am
McSwede wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:20 am

Dave!
Like that you prioritised lunch over damage assessment!
Fuck yeah! I was a hungry little bear. Car was already broken and nowt was going to change whilst I deliberated over which bread and filling to have in Subway (Italian, steak/cheese with hot sauce FWIW).
John

Post by John »

Bad luck on the prang.

I pulled over to the side of the road to let a tractor pass at the weekend and then couldn't get moving again, wet leaves and empty RWD van :oops:

No damage though ;)
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Whoops indeed. Hope there's no serious damage underneath. Good you could just get moving again anyway.
Left over crest; tightens.