Latest Photography work

scotta

Latest Photography work

Post by scotta »

Ive picked up a sideline where ive now become the regional photographer for Car & Classic magazine. Ive done three shoots for them on their auction platform.

Here's my latest job

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/auction ... 60i-Mn01M4
scotta

Re: Latest Photography work

Post by scotta »

Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Good selection of pics on the web ad. 8-)
scotta

Post by scotta »

Interstingly CC have one on auction as well.

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2006-bmw-760li

Their interior pictures are terrible :lol:
mik

Post by mik »

They are aren’t they? :?

Even the log book pics look crap. ;)
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

What a great gig! I'd love to do something like that.
Can I say, watch the focus. A few are a bit off*. Otherwise, that was a pretty comprehensive walk around 8-)

*Ignore that, it's only a couple, maybe I was flicking too fast and they weren't showing up fully in my browser :lol: .
Nice tight DoF, proper pro look.
Left over crest; tightens.
scotta

Post by scotta »

JonMad wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:49 am What a great gig! I'd love to do something like that.
Can I say, watch the focus. A few are a bit off*. Otherwise, that was a pretty comprehensive walk around 8-)

*Ignore that, it's only a couple, maybe I was flicking too fast and they weren't showing up fully in my browser :lol: .
Nice tight DoF, proper pro look.
There shouldn't be any with focus issues - i post edit them all. Which ones in particular?
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

I don't want to nit pick. Just looking at the key one (33) and the one of the controls on the centre armrest (44) - maybe you've just focused on a different point to the one I'm expecting to be in focus - 33, the stitching at the top of the leather fob, rather than the key?; 44, the leather on the top of the armrest rather than the vents?

I've now spent far too long looking at pics of a V12 7 series than is probably healthy.

Again, well done on getting involved in it. I guess all the cars they want to get good shots of are going to be interesting, so lots of cool details to look for and get pictures of.
Left over crest; tightens.
scotta

Post by scotta »

JonMad wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:03 pm I don't want to nit pick. Just looking at the key one (33) and the one of the controls on the centre armrest (44) - maybe you've just focused on a different point to the one I'm expecting to be in focus - 33, the stitching at the top of the leather fob, rather than the key?; 44, the leather on the top of the armrest rather than the vents?

I've now spent far too long looking at pics of a V12 7 series than is probably healthy.

Again, well done on getting involved in it. I guess all the cars they want to get good shots of are going to be interesting, so lots of cool details to look for and get pictures of.
Ah yes. That was deliberate. I was shooting at F1.4 and moved the focus point on to the Menu button on the iDrive for a bit DOF. Same with the Key shot. Focal point onthe BMW Badge on the keyring.
scotta

Post by scotta »

JonMad wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:03 pm I don't want to nit pick. Just looking at the key one (33) and the one of the controls on the centre armrest (44) - maybe you've just focused on a different point to the one I'm expecting to be in focus - 33, the stitching at the top of the leather fob, rather than the key?; 44, the leather on the top of the armrest rather than the vents?

This was the previous shoot - this sold privately prior to the auction going live.

https://lightroom.adobe.com/shares/959c ... fef63e3f51

The under chassis shots aren't my work but the rest is,

DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Good pictures, it'll never sell though. None of them are wonky, wobbly or of another car.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

That’s a fun little side gig 8-)
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

DeskJockey wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:03 pm Good pictures, it'll never sell though. None of them are wonky, wobbly or of another car.
Or on a white background !
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Great photos and that car looks like a lovely way to lose lots of money.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

👍👍 Nice one Scott. An interesting sideline.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Sundayjumper wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:20 pm
DeskJockey wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:03 pm Good pictures, it'll never sell though. None of them are wonky, wobbly or of another car.
Or on a white background !
Pretty sure they need to be on a very shallow loch?