Ever wanted a car sat on top of a car?

integrale_evo

Ever wanted a car sat on top of a car?

Post by integrale_evo »

Then the new facelift Hyundai Kona could be for you

:lol: :lol:
Last edited by integrale_evo on Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers, Harry
mik

Re: Every wanted a car sat on top of a car?

Post by mik »

Harry. Is that Engrish? I am not sure that is allowed now.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Re: Ever wanted a car sat on top of a car?

Post by Rich B »

Beany

Post by Beany »

IIRC the Konas were a pain to get a hold of - very long wait times and all that.

I suppose making them look utterly fucking idiotic is one way to reduce demand.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Beany wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:30 pm IIRC the Konas were a pain to get a hold of - very long wait times and all that.

I suppose making them look utterly fucking idiotic is one way to reduce demand.
Waiting list on BEV models is about 12mnths I believe. That's high demand for a car that's been setting themselves on fire.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/electric- ... -fire-risk
Beany

Post by Beany »

Oooof. That has to be a BMS or related ancillaries (cooling, conditioning, etc) issue, I mean, it's not like LG Chem are new to making the raw cells :lol:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

It probably looks better after it’s been on fire.
How about not having a sig at all?
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Didn’t they famously run more efficiently than every other electric car though ?

Dave!
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

They do seem to get good mileage. Probably less have immolated than say, Tesla's, though. The waiting list is a problem.
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

I don't think it looks too bad.. I'll get my coat
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

I don’t think it looks terrible, but I dont get having multiple light blocks on the back of a car, just do one and be done with it- possibly have remote reverse and fogs but nothing more
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Was it the Freelander 1 which had 2 sets of rear lights but the brake lights and indicators were the bottom row where you usually expect the fogs and reverse? I hated that design!
How about not having a sig at all?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Loads of 4x4 type things are like that.

I remember the old vitaras, the uk ones had the lights in the bumper with the fog light in a blank behind the arch, but in Europe they were the other way round with the lights on the sides and the fogs in the square bits on the bumper which looked miles better.

But at least they didn’t look like the top and bottom halves were designed by two completely different teams who had never met and didn’t realise they were creating a single vehicle.
Cheers, Harry
Barry

Post by Barry »

mr_jon wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:06 pm They do seem to get good mileage. Probably less have immolated than say, Tesla's, though. The waiting list is a problem.
Indeed, it's a small number in the scheme of things and doesn't stop it being the obvious choice when my Ioniq lease is up in a year or so. I'm regularly seeing 4.5m/kWh without even trying, they're efficient these Hyundai.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

240PP wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:17 pm I don't think it looks too bad.. I'll get my coat
I concur.

Definitely better than the new 1 series although that's not saying much.
Cheers,

Mike.
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Barry wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:37 am
mr_jon wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:06 pm They do seem to get good mileage. Probably less have immolated than say, Tesla's, though. The waiting list is a problem.
Indeed, it's a small number in the scheme of things and doesn't stop it being the obvious choice when my Ioniq lease is up in a year or so. I'm regularly seeing 4.5m/kWh without even trying, they're efficient these Hyundai.
We're down below 4 in the Leaf, now winter is kicking in. The usage is mixed reasonably quick a-roads, so not the best for efficiency.
Barry

Post by Barry »

mr_jon wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:01 am
Barry wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:37 am
We're down below 4 in the Leaf, now winter is kicking in. The usage is mixed reasonably quick a-roads, so not the best for efficiency.
Last two runs were 3.5 on mine too, mostly local and no real attempt to be frugal with it. Wet roads and cold do them no favours do they.