Best car you have ever driven?

Foz

Best car you have ever driven?

Post by Foz »

For me, without a shadow of a doubt, this!

As a road car, perfect, manual, enough power but not too much, great gearbox, noise, sublime handling! If I can at some point, I will!

Had the pleasure of driving it about 30 miles over the lecht, ie roads like

GG.

Re: Best car you have ever driven?

Post by GG. »

I wish rather than speccing the rear wing delete, the touring option gave you the ability to put the rear seats back. Then it would be perfect.

That road looks phenomenal.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Obligatory 'looks shit' Foz.

Mine is probably a Mk1 Renault Kangoo. That thing slid round roundabouts better than my 325i 8-) :mrgreen:
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

I guess for the age I am now (64) my 981 Cayman GTS is almost perfect. Scroll back 21 years and I had hit the nail squarely on the head when I picked up my Lotus Elise. 21 Years before that I was happy in my GP Beach Buggy at Blackrock Sands and a girl in a bikini came and asked for ride in my car! (the only time this ever happened, sadly). 21 years before that my pedal car suited me fine according to the look on my face in a little old black and white photo I have! :D

If I'm still around and driving 21 years from now I suppose it'll be some kind of autonomous electric shit box. :evil:
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

My mate's 997.1 GT3, I guess, although I generally like what's parked outside :D
Beany

Post by Beany »

Puma.

I've driven a few other cars, but nothing massively interesting (Clio 182, BMW 123d) and not remotely hard because they weren't my cars.
mik

Post by mik »

I love the Lecht road. 😎
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Blimey - I can see why!
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

991.2 Turbo S. Just astonishing.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

mik wrote: ↑Wed May 09, 2018 2:58 pm I love the Lecht road. 😎

I only got up as far as Braemar (in my Mundane Shitbox (TM OV9)), not too bad though for popping out for a there-and-back drive.

I've not driven owt that interesting, a couple of old rwd things (mk2 RS2000 2.1 on 48s, Chevette HS running at ~180bhp) which were fun if rather temperamental. A surprisingly good car for doing boring stuff was a 996 Carrera 4 Tiptronic. I never really got the chance to lean on it so I don't know if it would have disappointed then; it might be better for driving to the good driving roads than driving on them. Any BMWs I've driven have been boring ones apart from a lhd Alpina E36, but I didn't really get long enough to acclimitise so didn't get to drive it properly, and I only got to passangeer an E30 M3 convertible (probably not much of a loss).
I think I need a scoot up to Scotland to hire a Caterham.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

My car obvs. :)
Marv

Post by Marv »

Nice Foz 😎 I'd like to try a standard GT3 on the road at some point.

I've been lucky enough to drive some reasonably special metal over the years. The funny thing is, it usually make me appreciate what I own even more.
Oui, je suis un motard.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Marv wrote: ↑Wed May 09, 2018 6:39 pm Nice Foz 😎 I'd like to try a standard GT3 on the road at some point.

I've been lucky enough to drive some reasonably special metal over the years. The funny thing is, it usually make me appreciate what I own even more.
Nothing beats a 911R Shirley? Not even your shonky wagons.;)
Marv

Post by Marv »

I'm a little hesitant to say so from the 20-25 min I had behind the wheel, but on the face of it, yeah the 911 R probably is the best.

I do prefer to drive a car a little while longer to pick up on some of its more subtle characteristics, but when Rod was so kind to even let me drive it for more than one minute, and he let me drive it at silly speeds.... Who am I to complain? πŸ˜‚

Still, your R400 is certainly up there with the best I've driven. Certainly felt accustomed to it quickly, as I'd been driving another Seven for a few days prior. Your engine sounds way better than any four cylinder engine has any right to 😎
Oui, je suis un motard.
GG.

Post by GG. »

You just need to go back and try his 918 now, Marv!
Simon

Post by Simon »

E63S. Best hour of motoring for me. The way it climbed through 100mph remains a complete shock to me.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Best at what?
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Exactly :lol: - for example, the best car I've ever driven was a Fiesta 1.6D van that my old man paid 50 quid for - if the criteria is "best at driving two Labradors up onto Selsley Common and then hoying them in the back of it when they've covered in mud and lightly steaming without giving two fucks about the car".

He meant that, right?
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Well I could be wrong, but I think he means best at being enjoyable/exciting to drive. Do you lads need a detailed instruction booklet to get out of bed in the morning? ;)
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

You're definitely wrong - there's no way that's what he meant.