M3 Touring

Carlos

Re: M3 Touring

Post by Carlos »

There's no dealer discount or finance contributions either so you'll be paying circa £90k with individual paint and no options.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Will make a good purchase in a few years at half price :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:11 pm It seems like they’re raising the price of this by a few grand each day :lol:
It was £80,550 when the embargo was first lifted, then it was corrected to £83,740 at the Goodwood launch, and now £85-88k starting price is being thrown about.
The M3 xDrive saloon is £80,970 base price so that was clearly an error originally. Touring is xDrive only of course.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

What's an RS4 start at these days... I think when I last looked, it was about 70K?

I'll definitely be doing some looking around over the next few months at fast dog wagons to see what the options are. 80-90K though? With the inevitable depreciation the minute you drive off the forecourt...
Cheers,

Mike.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

As far as fast saloons and estates go, you’re not really losing anything if you get a 5 or so year old C63 or RS4. Just the novelty of an M3 estate.

£35k to £40k will get you into something as fast as you’ll ever need.
An absolute unit
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

You won’t attract nearly as many nerdy men with a 5 year old Audi though. Wait that’s a good thing :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Just when I think a purple Touring could be the way to go I see pictures like this.

Cheers,

Mike.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

So... car is specced... finance sorted... order confirmed... just waiting for a price for a colour & wheel combination...

... but nobody knows when the cars are going to be built. Those at the front of the queue had done this back in June and been told they'd get their car in Q4 this year. I think press drives were supposed to have happened by now but they're "maybe" happening in January now. Nobody knows how many they're going to make and whether this is a one-off run or not.

The car had been planned for a long time and majority of components are shared with the current M3 & M4, so shouldn't be a supply chain thing. Is it a production line thing? Seems to just be an issue for the Touring as other cars are getting announced and build slots confirmed, so its all a bit strange.
Cheers,

Mike.
mik

Post by mik »

Frustrating.

What’s your final spec choice then?
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

mik wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:02 pm Frustrating.

What’s your final spec choice then?
Having tried the carbon buckets, I'm going for the ultimate pack. Once in them, they're incredibly comfortable. I can't believe how comfortable they are for buckets.

Colour-wise it's still Tanzanite blue, but I've asked for a price for Thundernight (which I'd get with Silverstone leather) and also the Performance alloys in frozen gold. Just not sure how the ride quality will be making the step-up to 21" on the rear, but its not like I'm doing much city-driving these days so should be ok.

This is all done on the continued assumption that this is going to be a keeper and for the next few years be a single car garage as we just don't have the space for any more cars or anywhere to work on older cars until we move.
Cheers,

Mike.
Wilspeed

Post by Wilspeed »

Saphirschwarz, full leather in Fjordblau, carbon buckets, graphite wheels. They announced a "2024" delivery. :roll:
Cunt.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Wilspeed wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:02 am Saphirschwarz, full leather in Fjordblau, carbon buckets, graphite wheels. They announced a "2024" delivery. :roll:
So you've ordered one? 8-)
Cheers,

Mike.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

I never did work through all through the colours :oops: From the ones I looked at it was difficult enough to decide which one I preferred, almost a relief I don't have to make that decision irl :)
Wilspeed

Post by Wilspeed »

Ascender wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:00 pm
Wilspeed wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:02 am Saphirschwarz, full leather in Fjordblau, carbon buckets, graphite wheels. They announced a "2024" delivery. :roll:
Yes. I noticed there a a few differences between UK an continental spec lists. For instance, I didn't order tinted windows because I think it splits up the side profile in a way I don't like, but in the UK you don't have a choice. Weird.
Cunt.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Wilspeed wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:13 am
Ascender wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:00 pm
Yes. I noticed there a a few differences between UK an continental spec lists. For instance, I didn't order tinted windows because I think it splits up the side profile in a way I don't like, but in the UK you don't have a choice. Weird.
Nice!

Yes, there's some really weird spec differences. Europe also gets a nice brown leather option which seems to be missing here. And in Europe apparently if you order the 50 year badges with an Individual colour, you get circa €1000 discount.
Last edited by Ascender on Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers,

Mike.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

nuttinnew wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:19 pm I never did work through all through the colours :oops: From the ones I looked at it was difficult enough to decide which one I preferred, almost a relief I don't have to make that decision irl :)
I still have no bloody idea what colour to get and now the cars are turning up in customer hands, every colour looks good so far...
Cheers,

Mike.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

I've just looked at the UK configurator and can't see the purple paint. There are three frozen paint colours as Individuals for £3-4k shown; is the purple only available as an even pricier properly Individual option?

Black Sapphire looks the nicest of the options shown on the configurator. My E46 330i Touring was that colour and it was great - properly black but with a nice sparkle in the sun.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Just had a quick look at the M3s for sale on Auto Trader - mainly because the configurator really doesn't show what the alloys look like. 825M in Orbit Grey for me (if I were speccing one, which I'm not), though the bilcolour 825M also look good.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-search ... 021&page=3
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

You can basically get any other colour at a cost of 4K or so, but looks like it might now add 6 months on to the build time.

As much as black alloys are "all the rage" as my Mum would say, they don't go well with a darker colour. I think the lighter/bi-colour alloys make the darker colours pop a bit more.

And as much as the silvers and blacks look nice, I think there's going to be a lot of silver/grey and black Tourings around, so was thinking something different. I've gone with this blue for the time being, but with lighter alloys.

Cheers,

Mike.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I was playing around in configurators earlier and I quite liked isle of man green and the matt grey wheel option.
An absolute unit