Supercar Lust

mik

Supercar Lust

Post by mik »

We’ve been here before, but an interesting poll from Johnny.

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Re: Supercar Lust

Post by Rich B »

Why ask a question then put two totally different options as answers?

“Do people like bananas or apples?”

- yellow
- brown
mik

Post by mik »

Start your own poll if you don’t like questions where the answer options are different.

A/ Bananas are teh bestest
B/ I only like bananas
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

I love super cars but I’m bored of youtubers driving them.

No poll needed.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

I'm in the meh camp. With a few exceptions I stopped getting excited about them after the Enzo. If offered the opportunity to drive one or sit in the passenger seat I won't say no, but had I the money to buy one, I wouldn't.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
revsRus
Currently Driving: Mclaren 600LT
VW Golf Clubsport S

Post by revsRus »

This is a good question. My friend recently asked me my perfect money no object 5 car garage. Without giving it too much thought I listed my perfect 5 and not one of them was a supercar. I think it’s because if you actually use cars a lot then you’re thinking about what you can get pleasure or good use from driving. If you don’t actually drive cars much or use them as intended then you may be drawn to aspiration or sensationalism. Which is kind of what youtube is all about.

My clubsport s is more fun most of the time than my gt4. Similarly I reckon my gt4 would be more fun most of the time than a ferrari 488
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

I love supercars and I'm not bored of watching them on YouTube as I only really watch the good ones like Lord M and Catchpole.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Perfect 5 car garage is a tough one, but I think at least one would sneak in.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Nobody has done anything that interesting in Supercars since the Zonda and Carrera GT.

Possibly because they've all been battered by the ugly aero stick or had compromised techy powertrains.

LaFerrari was almost pretty except for the unforgivable fake exhausts.

I'm looking forward to BEV supercars that can hopefully be pure and pretty again.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

It’s hard to get excited by cars you only ever see with tacky wraps being driven slowly and revved by bellends driving around London.

The first super car I’d by with my theoretical lottery win would be a 30 year old f40...
Cheers, Harry
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

integrale_evo wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:38 pm It’s hard to get excited by cars you only ever see with tacky wraps being driven slowly and revved by bellends driving around London.

The first super car I’d by with my theoretical lottery win would be a 30 year old f40...
Yep, I remember a time when supercars were driven by classy people and you’d be lucky to see one a week so it was a special thing. Now they’re just littered across London, driven by obnoxious people with obnoxious wraps and bouncing off the limiter.
How about not having a sig at all?
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Rich B wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:36 am Why ask a question then put two totally different options as answers?

- yellow
- brown
:lol: spot on
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Mito Man wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:36 pm
integrale_evo wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:38 pm It’s hard to get excited by cars you only ever see with tacky wraps being driven slowly and revved by bellends driving around London.

Yep, I remember a time when supercars were driven by classy people and you’d be lucky to see one a week so it was a special thing. Now they’re just littered across London, driven by obnoxious people with obnoxious wraps and bouncing off the limiter.
I agree.

My ‘theoretical lottery win’ super car? Default answer is the Carrera GT, but Zonda C12/S/F runs it close, followed by F40 & F50.
RobYob wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:09 pm Nobody has done anything that interesting in Supercars since the Zonda and Carrera GT.

Possibly because they've all been battered by the ugly aero stick or had compromised techy powertrains.

LaFerrari was almost pretty except for the unforgivable fake exhausts.
Yes.... kind of lost interest really. 918 looks great in the fresh but would I buy one with my Euro Millions? No.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Rich B wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:36 am Why ask a question then put two totally different options as answers?

- yellow
- brown
Because he’s trying to use a bit of edgy humour for the in-gang.

And failing.
Cheers,

Mike.