Car insurance

Simon

Re: Car insurance

Post by Simon »

After telling DL to stick their renewal I've just got a letter through from them thanking me for renewing with them for another year.

F*ing furious. Someone is about to get both barrels.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Simon

Post by Simon »

She reckoned payment wouldn't have been taken till tomorrow. We'll see.

If anything gets taken I won't even call DL, I'll just tell the credit card company it was an unauthorised transaction and to refund it immediately.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Simon wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:30 am She reckoned payment wouldn't have been taken till tomorrow. We'll see.

If anything gets taken I won't even call DL, I'll just tell the credit card company it was an unauthorised transaction and to refund it immediately.
You won't get an instant response from the credit card company - they seem to be overloaded with holiday refund claims and are taking a good few weeks even to ask you for the info they require to do the chargeback.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Which company is that?
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Called LVE today to let them know the Boxster is now on the driveway every night instead of “the street.” In my mind i heard the noise that a slot machine makes when it pays out a big cash win.... In reality there is zero difference in my premium.
Cheers,

Mike.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Simon wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:45 am Which company is that?
Two different banks in my recent experience. Mind you, I've had to do chargebacks before and it's never been instant, even outside COVID times.
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

Was with LV on a multi-car policy when I had the Mazda as well as the V60. When the Mazda went they wanted a fortune for just the Volvo so ended up with Aviva.

The Porsche is on a classic policy with OneCall for £150 which includes breakdown, legal cover, courtesy car etc. which considering all my NCD is on the Volvo policy is mental.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Ascender wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:42 pm Called LVE today to let them know the Boxster is now on the driveway every night instead of “the street.” In my mind i heard the noise that a slot machine makes when it pays out a big cash win.... In reality there is zero difference in my premium.
I can’t remember which car it was, but one time changing a policy from “garaged” to “on driveway” actually made it cheaper. Go figure.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I think it’s still the case, as so many people crash their car when parking them in a tight garage :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
Simon

Post by Simon »

You joke but I think that's it.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

And things fall on them, lots leave them unlocked which means a thief can sneak in and spend as long at they like disabling any security, or leave the car unlocked because it’s inside a locked garage.
Cheers, Harry
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Speaking to my insurer at renewal time “so where do you park your car at night”
Me “mainly at location X, but it can be the driveway or under a shelter or in a garage depending on how lazy or not I am, sometimes I park at the woods in location Y if there’s no space at X and sometimes I park in London at location Z.”

Try and enter that into your computer :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
John

Post by John »

My FIL parks his car on the driveway but about 1cm from the garage door. Somehow he's managed to put a lovely gouge on the corner of the bumper from the brickwork surrounding the garage door even though he never parks in the garage.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:51 pm Fortunately Admiral aren't cheapest for me these days - I used LV this year.

Having said that, I bought it through Topcashback and they declined the cashback, so I'm having to dispute that. £70 or so cashback was material to me choosing to use them.
Well it turns out LV are lying cnuts. They claimed I must have had a pop-up or something which meant that they could not confirm that I had bought the insurance after clicking through TopCashBack. I've had loads of cashback from them, never had a problem, but TCB say that they can't challenge LV because their systems are 'robust'. LV are basically denying properly due cashback, and I'm sure I can't be alone in finding this.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:23 pm
Jobbo wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:51 pm Fortunately Admiral aren't cheapest for me these days - I used LV this year.

Having said that, I bought it through Topcashback and they declined the cashback, so I'm having to dispute that. £70 or so cashback was material to me choosing to use them.
Well it turns out LV are lying cnuts. They claimed I must have had a pop-up or something which meant that they could not confirm that I had bought the insurance after clicking through TopCashBack. I've had loads of cashback from them, never had a problem, but TCB say that they can't challenge LV because their systems are 'robust'. LV are basically denying properly due cashback, and I'm sure I can't be alone in finding this.
TCB never worked for me.

Quidco have always been good when I make sure to turn off adblockers before starting
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Delphi wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:12 pm Was with LV on a multi-car policy when I had the Mazda as well as the V60. When the Mazda went they wanted a fortune for just the Volvo so ended up with Aviva.

The Porsche is on a classic policy with OneCall for £150 which includes breakdown, legal cover, courtesy car etc. which considering all my NCD is on the Volvo policy is mental.
Update on the 928 please, it's dead on here today,!
Delphi

Post by Delphi »

speedingfine wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:58 pm
Delphi wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:12 pm Was with LV on a multi-car policy when I had the Mazda as well as the V60. When the Mazda went they wanted a fortune for just the Volvo so ended up with Aviva.

Not much of an update, other than I've sourced some original S4 wheels for a bargain-tastic £280 and they're currently being refurbed. I should be getting them back tomorrow. Once I've got some new rubber for them and got them on the car, I'll post some more pics. I'm going to flog the ones that are currently on there.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
mik

Post by mik »

Excellent news - should make a big difference. 8-)
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Delphi wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:15 pm
speedingfine wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:58 pm

Not much of an update, other than I've sourced some original S4 wheels for a bargain-tastic £280 and they're currently being refurbed. I should be getting them back tomorrow. Once I've got some new rubber for them and got them on the car, I'll post some more pics. I'm going to flog the ones that are currently on there.
which are the S4 wheels? The seven slot ones?
Delphi

Post by Delphi »

Rich B wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:25 am which are the S4 wheels? The seven slot ones?
Yes, they are the 7 slot ones.