Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Re: Car insurance

Post by Rich B »

👍🏻
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Renewal came through today, £30 cheaper than last year at £220, first time it’s ever dropped with the same company. Going to see if I can get it below £200.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Got my renewal through, even though all these adverts talk about cheaper insurance mines gone up £120. Think I’ll be changing……
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Car insurance renewal down £80 :D
Doggo insurance renewal up £400 :shock:

Still, better to have and not need it than to not need it whilst having not had it something something.
How about not having a sig at all?
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

That'll be theft pushing the doggo ins. up :(
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

How old is your dog mito? When my last dog got to 10 it shot up astronomically and the excess went to such an amount I cancelled in the end
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Ah that’s probably why, he turned 10 in March.
How about not having a sig at all?
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Go Logan's Run and send them to the carousel when they turn 10.
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Our Dog went from £14 a month to £70 when he turned 12. We cancelled and put £70 a month into a separate account just in case. He died when he nearly got to 17 and never needed to dip onto it, so we had enough money to get the vet to come to our home to do the deed, and then we went on holiday.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Any decent cover is £100 a month for an adult Rottweiler. We were with Petplan originally and they at the time went to 85 a month.

The rinsing that vets and subsequently pet insurance do is such a horrible industry.

Also out of hours get cover has gone ridiculous, i read it was because….

More women are now vets, when before it was more men. The general plan was be a vet for 10 years, then start own practice, pay off debt in 10/15 years and retire at 60 having earnt a wedge.
Now more big businesses are taking over local vetebary practices. More women are vets and when they hit 30 generally want a family, so they don’t want to do night cover and as many hours on weekends so you get sporadic cover or emergency cover which in my experience is pretty poor.

Also some vets are paint by numbers, cat has tooth problem, remove all teeth, hot spot, shave neck, stay overnight and treat for £450. The cat we caught too late but with Flash it was 30 minutes of research to see it was a simple treatment rubbed on at home.

I’m not a big fan of vets even though they are essential.

Dave!
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Don't forget the obligatory blood test at £70+ a go the second you present your animal, regardless of what it comes in for!
Cheers.

Gwaredd
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Gwaredd wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:19 am Don't forget the obligatory blood test at £70+ a go the second you present your animal, regardless of what it comes in for!
Well how else will they know it has blood :roll:

Dave!
NGRhodes

Post by NGRhodes »

Currently paying £260 a year, Wife as a named driver, Esure on the Audi, which is the cheapest to insure car ever had (even though its the biggest engined and highest top speed). We have lowered estimated milage due to Covid.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Gwaredd wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:19 am Don't forget the obligatory blood test at £70+ a go the second you present your animal, regardless of what it comes in for!
When my greyhound May was at her end with heart failure and lungs that were filling with fluid I was given the option of trying so medication (about £20) or a blood test to see if she needed said medication. The blood test was £300! Needless to say we tried the medication. Didn’t work……..
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Gwaredd wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:22 am Our Dog went from £14 a month to £70 when he turned 12. We cancelled and put £70 a month into a separate account just in case. He died when he nearly got to 17 and never needed to dip onto it, so we had enough money to get the vet to come to our home to do the deed, and then we went on holiday.
We have a double hard, proper man's dog, JRT and she's 12. Only about £18 a month to insure and that's been pretty steady for years.
John

Post by John »

I've had the insurance renewal through for the Vito and it's only gone up a tenner to £373, it did jump up by £50 last year but I was a bit lazy and let it auto renew. I thought I'd have a shop around this year so put my details into a couple of comparison sites and Admiral were coming back as the cheapest company I'd heard of at £197 which I thought was a bit of a result. Not too sure on their reputation if you need to claim though? Although I suppose with them being such a large company you are bound to hear of some people having a bad experience.

I was insured with LV a few years ago and they were always pretty competitive so decided to give them a go, came back at £145! I'm expecting a call/email to say there's been a mistake and would I like them to requote :D
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Admiral have been great for us. Have had two claims against policy in just over a year. Only issue is their choice of repairer which aren't exactly great (Zoe needing three goes to get it right).
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
NGRhodes

Post by NGRhodes »

I would stay away from Admiral for modified vehicles, they have a special clause in their policies which states they will only replace modified parts with standard.
I've had terrible customer service from them that involved a complaint via the financial ombudsman, they accused me of fraud because they did not believe my 205 GTi didn't have a single cosmetic modification, hopefully things have changed since then.
Barry

Post by Barry »

My renewal came through for the two cars, last yr I paid £624, renewal £799 :lol:

Ten mins later, I have a multi car quote from LV for £394.

I realise this is just how things are, but it's just so frustrating. :evil:
Barry

Post by Barry »

Barry wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:42 pm My renewal came through for the two cars, last yr I paid £624, renewal £799 :lol:

Ten mins later, I have a multi car quote from LV for £394.

I realise this is just how things are, but it's just so frustrating. :evil:
Called the broker, they expressed surprise at the renewal price and re-quoted.

£443 this time.

Every. Year.

:roll: :evil: