The "anything & everything" about Porsche Boxsters thread

Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Re: The "anything & everything" about Porsche Boxsters thread

Post by Sundayjumper »

Carlos wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:34 pm My favourite is 'What's the lowest you'll take' !
Reply “2K CASH 2NTE” and then ignore all their replies.

It makes them really, really angry :lol:
Beany

Post by Beany »

Carlos wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:34 pm My favourite is 'What's the lowest you'll take' !
I got 'best price????' when I was trying to move the Mondeo on, on Facebook.

"Well, about five grand would be the best price given its up for 2500"

That got me an abusive PM :lol:
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

Yep had that. From a ‘trader’ who also asked “Is it HPI clear?”

Yes it is, but I’m not the HPI people, best to check with them as we don’t know each other so why would you trust me?!

I looked through about 20 Boxster ads to try and include everything that needs to be said about the car so I don’t get the stupid questions. Waste of time!
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

240PP wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:19 pm
Yep had that. From a ‘trader’ who also asked “Is it HPI clear?”

Yes it is, but I’m not the HPI people, best to check with them as we don’t know each other so why would you trust me?!

I looked through about 20 Boxster ads to try and include everything that needs to be said about the car so I don’t get the stupid questions. Waste of time!
He definitely deserves a "Whats the most you'll pay" lol
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Did a few bits and pieces today having had the car valeted a couple of days ago - its come up very nicely and both the interior & exterior is in good nick.
  • Black putty on the wind deflector - that thing ain't rattling no more.
  • New shiny exhaust kit is in the back boot as its become a serious trip hazard in the house. People were also walking in to the massive coffin-sized box and somehow that was my problem.
  • New cup holder fitted. The door now stays shut.
  • Broken Boxster S badge removed. Need to get the final bit of gunk off and am waiting for the new one to arrive.
  • Black wheel caps swapped out for coloured ones from AliExpress.
Time to go for a drive in this lovely sun. Except I've knackered my ankle and can't do the clutch safely so I'll have to get the wife to drive me like the old man I am.

WBAC have been back in touch and as others have said, the value has gone up from £8250 over winter to £10,000 now the sun is out. So even with the money I've had to spend on getting some stuff done, its not been a bad buy at all.

I do think there's a bit too much oil in it though. Not sure if that's a big issue with the low mileage we're doing or if I should just drain it and refill.
Cheers,

Mike.
240PP

Post by 240PP »

Ascender wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:16 pm
Wish I’d tried that :lol:

Mine sold this morning for £10.5k. I’m quite happy with that, it was due a major service so possibly ££££.

Paid £13k for it two years ago, only cost outside of insurance/tax/MOT etc has been two tyres so I’ve had a good run. Boxsters are a really good package, I’d almost say fit to be an only car. Always started first time after being left for weeks or months at a time and felt like a solid car.

speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

240PP wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:20 pm

Mine sold this morning for £10.5k. I’m quite happy with that, it was due a major service so possibly ££££.

Paid £13k for it two years ago, only cost outside of insurance/tax/MOT etc has been two tyres so I’ve had a good run. Boxsters are a really good package, I’d almost say fit to be an only car. Always started first time after being left for weeks or months at a time and felt like a solid car.

That's damn good considering the potential costs 👍

Any particular reason for sale? What's next?

Really want a Cayman at the moment. 987 2.9's look tempting at the money.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Glad you got a decent price. 8-)

Mine ticked over 55555 miles this morning, was going to take a pic but was behind a copper :D
240PP

Post by 240PP »

speedingfine wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:40 pm That's damn good considering the potential costs 👍

Any particular reason for sale? What's next?

Really want a Cayman at the moment. 987 2.9's look tempting at the money.
Primarily because I’m moving house and don’t have the space for it anymore and I had it good on running costs so wanted to get out while I could.

Also, I don’t think having two cars is for me anymore, it’s potentially too much hassle for what I get out of it. I’m still a CG but they’re just not that as important to me as they once were.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

What year / miles ?

240PP

Post by 240PP »

Nathan wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:46 pm What year / miles ?
2005 62k
Jimexpl

Post by Jimexpl »

987s have been great ownership since they hit 4 or 5 years old, even if you get the occasional £££ service. It’s just the engine issues of certain years that can be scary. I ran mine at seven years old for 8 months/10,000 miles for only £600 depreciation and £200 for an iPod kit, selling two months before it was due a service and rear tyres.
I’d have another tomorrow if I didn’t need more than two seats almost every time I use the car these days.
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Jimexpl wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:32 pm 987s have been great ownership since they hit 4 or 5 years old, even if you get the occasional £££ service. It’s just the engine issues of certain years that can be scary. I ran mine at seven years old for 8 months/10,000 miles for only £600 depreciation and £200 for an iPod kit, selling two months before it was due a service and rear tyres.
I’d have another tomorrow if I didn’t need more than two seats almost every time I use the car these days.
Just had a look, there’re so few 987 3.2 for sale :|
GG.

Post by GG. »

240PP wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:53 pm
2005 62k
I sold a 2005 with 45k miles on it for 12,600 in 2013 after it had been stood on autotrader for 6 months so I think you did well! :lol:

I did sell it to a trader to get rid of it quick but £14,000 was top dollar even back then so I would have expected them to be changing hands for substantially less than 10 large these days. Values seem to have strengthened nicely.

I paid £22,000 from Porsche East London two and a half years prior so was a quite painful experience!
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

GG. wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:46 pm
240PP wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:53 pm
2005 62k
I sold a 2005 with 45k miles on it for 12,600 in 2013 after it had been stood on autotrader for 6 months so I think you did well! :lol:

I did sell it to a trader to get rid of it quick but £14,000 was top dollar even back then so I would have expected them to be changing hands for substantially less than 10 large these days. Values seem to have strengthened nicely.

I paid £22,000 from Porsche East London two and a half years prior so was a quite painful experience!
Incredible, makes 981s look very expensive todau
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Re prices. This is typical of a sports edition now.

https://www.newsnow.co.uk/classifieds/c ... =376090581
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Donington pics from March. Overall I would say the Boxster was remarkably good considering its age. Brakes were a downpoint so would need looking at if I went to do another. Tyres were a bit melty as it was about 22c - probably could do with a geo.

GG.

Post by GG. »

Fantastic shots. Always impressed with how little Porsches roll whilst retaining compliant suspension.

I didn't realise the sports edition has a proper little wing on the back when extended versus the wedge of metal that sticks up on the standard car.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

GG. wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:44 pm Fantastic shots. Always impressed with how little Porsches roll whilst retaining compliant suspension.

I didn't realise the sports edition has a proper little wing on the back when extended versus the wedge of metal that sticks up on the standard car.
You should see the gopro video I did in the afternoon - stuck it to the wind deflector thinking it would be fine - well it wobbled and as you got faster pointed to sky :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's 10mm lower with 5mm spacers which probably helps but it was very good in sports as its unusable on the road

The spoiler is supposed to replicate a 911 turbo's I seem to remember.

8-)
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Looks great Broccers 8-)