The "anything & everything" about Porsche Boxsters thread

Broccers

Re: The "anything & everything" about Porsche Boxsters thread

Post by Broccers »

Ascender wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:53 pm
Broccers wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:41 am
240PP wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:18 am I like that! How much?

Possibly moot as I haven’t decided if I’m keeping mine.
That's the good bit. 350 fitted :shock:
I know you were saying that they make them to your spec, but is there any way I could just say "I'd like a Broccers please" and they'd know what I was talking about? I like the sound of yours and mine needs replaced so am looking for a way to just get it shipped to me, especially under the current circumstances.
Ah they actually replace the back boxes by welding them to the existing exhaust while on your car. You can maybe speak to them about a full catback which I reckon will be similar to a topgear exhaust. https://www.topgear.co.uk/porsche-987-1 ... %20boxster

Altho that doesnt sound that loud does it?

Maybe give him as ring and see what he says - my reg is s13ert if that helps 0113 279 8944
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

Put mine in WBAC last week and they offered £8500 - no ta. They have since sent me about five ‘reminder’ emails which I’ve ignored.

They’ve sent me a revised price this morning of £9000. Is this a thing then? Ignore them for a while and they increase their offer?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Yes
How about not having a sig at all?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

240PP wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:33 am Put mine in WBAC last week and they offered £8500 - no ta. They have since sent me about five ‘reminder’ emails which I’ve ignored.

They’ve sent me a revised price this morning of £9000. Is this a thing then? Ignore them for a while and they increase their offer?
The last offer they sent me was 150 quid so figured it was wrong. The next offer was 150 quid a few months after :lol:

Just looked now 11210.00, sports editions on sale at the moment are 17 - 21k. So not far off :D :D
Jimexpl

Post by Jimexpl »

Broccers wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:18 pm
Just looked now 11210.00, sports editions on sale at the moment are 17 - 21k. So not far off :D :D
They’ve held up really well on price. I think I sold my Sport Edition with a really high spec five years ago for £16.5k.

One of the few cars I regret selling, but with a child on the way it just would’ve sat on the street.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Jimexpl wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:34 pm
They’ve held up really well on price. I think I sold my Sport Edition with a really high spec five years ago for £16.5k.

One of the few cars I regret selling, but with a child on the way it just would’ve sat on the street.
I know what you're saying. Got rid of my m coupe as the dog which came after didn't fit very well so used the 5 series estate and ignored the z for a year.

There are 150 still in the UK according to how many are left so pretty rare in the scheme of boxster numbers. Prices up recently on all boxsters probably as people realise they are decent value for money and sound like real cars.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

@Ascender did you ring the fella?

Yet to do a decent sound clip but been out today with the roof down.

Broccers

Post by Broccers »

@Ascender did you ring the fella?

Had a decent run over Snake Pass. The mp4s rears are getting better as the weather improves. Combined with the updated noise and a sunny day had a brilliant blast this morning. Wouldn't have been much fun on the bike as was freezing.
240PP

Post by 240PP »

240PP wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:33 am Put mine in WBAC last week and they offered £8500 - no ta. They have since sent me about five ‘reminder’ emails which I’ve ignored.

£9740 now. I assume they’ll knock me down a bit on inspection but part of me is half tempted for an easy transaction.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

It will keep going up over the summer too.

I originally got a quote on my mito in December and it was under a grand, then they kept spam emailing me so I tried again in the summer and it was more, then they upped the offer again

My car is now appreciating at about 100% per annum. This is officially my pension plan now. I’m gonna be filthy rich.
How about not having a sig at all?
GG.

Post by GG. »

Isn't it costing c. 100% of its value per annum to keep on the road?? :lol:
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

240PP wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:57 am

£9740 now. I assume they’ll knock me down a bit on inspection but part of me is half tempted for an easy transaction.
Theres lots of people looking to buy on facebook groups if you can bear to go on it.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

The last offer they sent me was 150 quid so figured it was wrong. The next offer was 150 quid a few months after :lol:

12800 now for those thinking of flogging have another look.
240PP

Post by 240PP »

£9840 was the latest they sent yesterday.

The cynic in me thinks they could offer me £15k via email but on inspection just argue it back down to the original £8500 they quoted first 😂
Beany

Post by Beany »

240PP wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:18 pm £9840 was the latest they sent yesterday.

The cynic in me thinks they could offer me £15k via email but on inspection just argue it back down to the original £8500 they quoted first 😂
We had someone in here who was coming from WBAC - that is exactly what they do. That scratch that on the lower offer, that they'd use to knock £100 off to buff out? Suddenly the paint is too thin for that and it needs a panel replaced, so that'll be a grand off....
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Beany wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:50 pm
240PP wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:18 pm £9840 was the latest they sent yesterday.

We had someone in here who was coming from WBAC - that is exactly what they do. That scratch that on the lower offer, that they'd use to knock £100 off to buff out? Suddenly the paint is too thin for that and it needs a panel replaced, so that'll be a grand off....
That's not my experience with the M340i. They offered an amount which i thought was close to what i would get privately, i took it for an inspection a few miles from home and they chipped me something like £75 for some stone chips, one of which was quite nasty for a 10 months old car. They settled the finance and paid me the difference within the hour.
240PP

Post by 240PP »

Yeah I’ve heard good and bad stories for WBAC. Might book it in and see what they come back with.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Broccers wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:46 pm @Ascender did you ring the fella?

Had a decent run over Snake Pass. The mp4s rears are getting better as the weather improves. Combined with the updated noise and a sunny day had a brilliant blast this morning. Wouldn't have been much fun on the bike as was freezing.
Sounds great, I really like the noise you've gone for.

No, not called him yet - I'm dropping the car over to my mechanic tomorrow or Friday for him to look at the oil leak and confirm what needs done on the exhaust, so will give him a shout after.

Haven't had much of a chance to drive it, but the weather is improving nicely, so hoping I can get these things sorted quickly. The wheel speed sensor I replaced didn't fix the issue so I'm guessing there might be a wire needing replaced/repaired.
Cheers,

Mike.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Just paid Moris for some insurance for a very long awaited trackday on Tuesday. Out of my mates going I think I've the slowest car - 500 bhp golf r, 911 3 litre turbo, 400 bhp 140i and a m4 comp.

Will be good to see if the rock hard sports setting dampers come into their own.

Actually going out and doing something - how fucking exciting !!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: