The "anything & everything" about Porsche Boxsters thread

Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Re: The "anything & everything" about Porsche Boxsters thread

Post by Ascender »

Explosive Newt wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:57 pm
Ascender wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:01 am I said I wouldn't ask, but what's the spec & price of your C4S @Foz? :D
Covered ‘ere: viewtopic.php?p=141024#p141024
Thanks for the link 👍🏻
Cheers,

Mike.
Foz

Post by Foz »

Any questions give me a shout, not really artistes it as such, had a few people sniffing about via a FB group, just not using it- under 1000 miles in last year for example
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Foz wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:48 am Any questions give me a shout, not really artistes it as such, had a few people sniffing about via a FB group, just not using it- under 1000 miles in last year for example
Have you got some more pictures available? Which will just make it even harder for me to pass up on it... :D

My car needs an O2 sensor checked-out and then cleaned - can be up for sale very quickly as its all serviced and MOT'd etc, so leave it with me. Thing is, your car seems to have had literally everything sorted that I know I'd normally be budgeting-for on a Boxster/911 of that age plus I've always loved the C4S.
Cheers,

Mike.
Foz

Post by Foz »

Drop me a PM and i will send you them via whats app
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

So, any hints on how to sell a Boxster S during the winter? Checked out WBAC but that value is in the dumps given the time of year.
Cheers,

Mike.
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Facebook group, Boxa.net, Twitter?

I sold my Carrera on eBay classified ad; I had no interest through PH ad.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Thanks for the suggestions.
Cheers,

Mike.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Ascender wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:03 pm So, any hints on how to sell a Boxster S during the winter? Checked out WBAC but that value is in the dumps given the time of year.
What vintage is yours? Not that I’m thinking about buying but maybe, yes, I’m thinking about buying.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Explosive Newt wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:27 am
Ascender wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:03 pm So, any hints on how to sell a Boxster S during the winter? Checked out WBAC but that value is in the dumps given the time of year.
What vintage is yours? Not that I’m thinking about buying but maybe, yes, I’m thinking about buying.
Its a 2006 3.2, so 987.1.

91,000 miles, major service 4000 miles ago when the exhaust was done and engine was out, checked, tensioners replaced etc.

Just drafting the sales ad at the moment, will get it valeted next week and pictures etc then.
Cheers,

Mike.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

A mate got this today and let me have a go. Different levels to a 3.4 engine. Handling was something else. Manual too so engaging. A 4.0 boxster would be perfect.

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

That Cayman with two wings is just too much - like a Sierra XR4i but not in a good way. Boxster with the same mechanicals would be far more appealing rather than looking like a chav chariot.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Jobbo wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:53 pm That Cayman with two wings is just too much - like a Sierra XR4i but not in a good way. Boxster with the same mechanicals would be far more appealing rather than looking like a chav chariot.
Might be the angle. Looks good from behind and absolutely hugs the road even in today's shite weather

Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Broccers wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:38 pm A mate got this today and let me have a go. Different levels to a 3.4 engine. Handling was something else. Manual too so engaging. A 4.0 boxster would be perfect.

That spoiler is absolutely gopping.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Standard innit? Unless I am missing something. "has a frankly brilliant atmospheric 4-litre engine and 50 percent more downforce than the previous Cayman GT4,"
https://www.evo.co.uk/porsche/cayman/gt4
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Looks alright to me, in fact doesn't every Porsche 911 GT model also have a double rear wing? Nothing new. Even the last Caymen had that.
How about not having a sig at all?
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Broccers wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:56 pm
Jobbo wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:53 pm That Cayman with two wings is just too much - like a Sierra XR4i but not in a good way. Boxster with the same mechanicals would be far more appealing rather than looking like a chav chariot.
Might be the angle. Looks good from behind and absolutely hugs the road even in today's shite weather

That photo shows how awful the diffuser looks too; it looks like it's a piece of plastic cut roughly to allow the exhausts to poke through, not a final production piece. The previous generation GT4 looked good, but I guess like the 911 they've got to differentiate it from previous generations and they've just made it worse. I hadn't realised the Boxster Spyder shared the nasty diffuser until I checked a photo but it's still so much more appealing than the Cayman.

The 991 GT3 looked so much better in Touring form without the wing, too.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Guess you wont be buying one. :lol:

Even with the sports exhaust it could be louder. Didnt really get to extend it much as it was slippy and crashing it wouldnt have been a good look :lol:

The jcr exhaust makes them wake up apparently.

I loved it. Not cheap tho.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Mito Man wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:29 pm Looks alright to me, in fact doesn't every Porsche 911 GT model also have a double rear wing? Nothing new. Even the last Caymen had that.
Exactly - it looks brill.

Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Broccers wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:38 pm A mate got this today and let me have a go. Different levels to a 3.4 engine. Handling was something else. Manual too so engaging. A 4.0 boxster would be perfect.

That looks amazing, interesting to hear it drives as great as I thought it might.

I think that spoiler looks horrific though! Very aftermarket/after-thought, but for me its the position of it - just looks too far towards the back screen and weird with the small "ducktail" one below it. Looks good from the back though, but I guess that's because you can't tell where it sits.
Cheers,

Mike.