Senna - 1 Year in

Post by SSO »

Just posted an article on our 1st year with the McLaren Senna:

https://karenable.com/mclaren-senna-year-1/

Comments?
speedingfine

Re: Senna - 1 Year in

Post by speedingfine »

Superfluous not sulfurous.. imperceivable not imperceivably, and can't see us ever not can see us ever. Just helping out, not being an arse 😁

Very good read, cheers πŸ‘ Congratulations on being the owner of the best looking Senna I've seen ;)
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Good Read, agree with SF that the colour choice certainly flatters the Senna's unique styling.

To solved your road trip luggage problem I think a few ski racks between the roof and swan neck spoiler uprights should do the trick :D
SSO

Post by SSO »

speedingfine wrote: ↑Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:19 am Superfluous not sulfurous.. imperceivable not imperceivably, and can't see us ever not can see us ever. Just helping out, not being an arse 😁

Very good read, cheers πŸ‘ Congratulations on being the owner of the best looking Senna I've seen ;)
Appreciated, I'm using a new editor (which I hate) and the rough draft got posted, not the corrected copy. Should be fixed now.
SSO

Post by SSO »

RobYob wrote: ↑Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:02 am Good Read, agree with SF that the colour choice certainly flatters the Senna's unique styling.

To solved your road trip luggage problem I think a few ski racks between the roof and swan neck spoiler uprights should do the trick :D
I think the air flow coming down around the engine bay would probably make that impractical. Easier solution is to just take 2 cars.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

The guy I knew who won the lotto never carried luggage for trips over a few days - He would courier his luggage directly too and from the hotel.
JLv3.0 wrote: ↑Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: ↑Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

dinny_g wrote: ↑Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:43 pm The guy I knew who won the lotto never carried luggage for trips over a few days - He would courier his luggage directly too and from the hotel.
In the 1960s an American chap unfavourably compared R-R silver Cloud luggage capacity with his Cadillac. The R-R rep quietly pointed out that a gentleman sends his luggage on by rail. :oops:
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

How many miles did you do in the year then? You hint that it's less than you'd thought but more than the P1.
Left over crest; tightens.
SSO

Post by SSO »

dinny_g wrote: ↑Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:43 pm The guy I knew who won the lotto never carried luggage for trips over a few days - He would courier his luggage directly too and from the hotel.
I rarely check luggage even when we fly so using a courier service........very unlikely.
SSO

Post by SSO »

PaulJ wrote: ↑Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:03 pm
In the 1960s an American chap unfavourably compared R-R silver Cloud luggage capacity with his Cadillac. The R-R rep quietly pointed out that a gentleman sends his luggage on by rail. :oops:
Not quite accurate. My grandfather owned a late 60's RR, the reason you send you luggage ahead by rail is you will also eventually arrive by rail after your RR "fails to proceed"
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

SSO wrote: ↑Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:09 pm
Not quite accurate. My grandfather owned a late 60's RR, the reason you send you luggage ahead by rail is you will also eventually arrive by rail after your RR "fails to proceed"
Happened often then? :lol: I’ve heard some stories about RR trying to keep people happy after a failure.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
SSO

Post by SSO »

Orange Cola wrote: ↑Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:34 pm

Happened often then? :lol: I’ve heard some stories about RR trying to keep people happy after a failure.
All the time. He bought a Mercedes as a chase car to pick them up when the RR died.
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

SSO wrote: ↑Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:56 pm

All the time. He bought a Mercedes as a chase car to pick them up when the RR died.
R-Rs never die! They may, on occasion, fail to live on. :lol:
SSO

Post by SSO »

PaulJ wrote: ↑Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:01 pm
SSO wrote: ↑Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:56 pm

R-Rs never die! They may, on occasion, fail to live on. :lol:

Believe me, they die and sometime try to take you with them. One of the one's he owned had an electrical fire in one of the doors and I was in the car when it started smoking.