Single versus two car argument

Mito Man

Re: Single versus two car argument

Post by Mito Man »

That leather is a horrendous colour, it just looks very dirty, like a cream seat in a Range Rover which has done 300,000 miles.
How about not having a sig at all?
Beany

Post by Beany »

Orange Cola wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:57 am
Jobbo wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:16 am
The Rapide is a jolly good idea. Has to be the later 8-sp version, but it could be the ideal single-car Panamera replacement. Probably a lot more reliable too.
Is that how much they are now?! :shock:
Hoovie of Hoovies Garage bought one, which is what made me realise they'd depreciated like a particularly heavy stone.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Ironically there is still more room in the back of a Granturismo (check out Harry M's old video comparing the two). If it has to be an Aston and you're thinking of taking a child in a three hour drive in the back of one though, the Rapide would certainly make much more sense.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I find everyone makes too much of a fuss about legroom. Someone on here used the phrase 2+1 for such cars which I feel is more appropriate. If either the driver or front passenger isn’t very tall then you can fit in the back of most things and head room ends up being the limiting factor.
I’ve been in the back of a Nissan GTR for hours, the worst thing about that is the headroom but I am 6ft3 and have been for the last 10 years :lol:
Camaro is tight with headroom too but less so, although generally awful as you have no windows to see out.
Did many family trips to Italy in the back of the 6 series, end up sitting at a bit of an angle so I don’t hit the headlining - curiously the M6 has way more headroom, I can sit normally in that but both have large rear windows.
Continental - bit smaller in terms of general space than the 6 series as it has a very wide transmission tunnel but has more headroom, windows which you can open and air vents - the height of luxury.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:33 am I am 6ft3 and have been for the last 10 years :lol:
How the fuck do you fit in your Defender? Only drive it when it’s not raining? :lol:
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

I'm 6'4" and have driven my neighbour's defender several times no problem.

Well, no problem apart from Defenders being sh*t, obviously.

My SIII was a terrible idea though. The windscreen is lower than the Defender and I couldn't see out properly. D'oh.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

I have to drive them with the window open, they’re a bit of a nightmare with a roll cage and harness in :lol:
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

I'm still not sure about the shape of the Rapide. Saw one parked up at Bicester Village last year and something just isn't quite right to my eye.
M235i
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Orange Cola wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:22 am
Mito Man wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:33 am I am 6ft3 and have been for the last 10 years :lol:
How the fuck do you fit in your Defender? Only drive it when it’s not raining? :lol:
:lol: When I went to collect it the dealer held the door open as usual, let me in then slammed it shut. I involuntarily shouted fuck as the door whacked the crap out of my elbow! For the first week of driving it I would always shut the door on my arm as I went to close it. Oddly it’s no longer an issue even with the window closed, weird how you just adapt to things after a while.
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Yes I've looked at the Rapide in the past tbh, as a one-car-for-all option, even more so now that it appears I won't be doing the mileage into the future.

Won't fit in the garage though. Too long. When I go to the dealer I'll at least ask about whether they're happy outside (I tend to assume these kind of cars are happier tucked up inside a garage), see what they say but also do my own research.