Post by Foz »

:shock:
ZedLeg

Re: New BMW 4 series

Post by ZedLeg »

Carlos wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:47 am
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:38 am Image

:lol:
Without the number plate it looks better, a bit of old American muscle about it.

ETA Firebird ???
There’s never been a Firebird that looked so buck toothed. Pontiacs have traditionally had split grilles but never anything as hideous as that. Not even the Aztek :lol:
An absolute unit
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

It just doesn’t fit! Plain and simple.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Sweet mother of goatse :shock:
How about not having a sig at all?
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Middle-aged Dirtbag
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

It makes the X7 grill look nicely proportioned but I reckon they’ll facelift them all to make the kidney grill go right to the bottom :lol:
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:26 pm It makes the X7 grill look nicely proportioned but I reckon they’ll facelift them all to make the kidney grill go right to the bottom :lol:
Aye. Could go bigger still on the 4-series yet - I mean there's a few CM they could squeeze towards the lights and still the bottom splitter to take a chunk out of
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

NotoriousREV wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:23 pm Image
:lol: that’s what it’s been reminding me of. Luxury
An absolute unit
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:38 am Image

:lol:
How much will itchiest to repair?
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:31 pm
Mito Man wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:26 pm It makes the X7 grill look nicely proportioned but I reckon they’ll facelift them all to make the kidney grill go right to the bottom :lol:
Aye. Could go bigger still on the 4-series yet - I mean there's a few CM they could squeeze towards the lights and still the bottom splitter to take a chunk out of
Be ambitious! Using modern LEDs they could make the entire front a grille and integrate the lights in the strakes.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

https://drivetribe.com/p/every-3-series ... ce=organic

Someone’s made all the last m3’s with the stupid grill, and the look erm.... stupid
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Simon wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:22 pm It's done for the Chinese market where big grills are a thing.
First I heard of it.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

This is just how stupid the new one looks

Cheers, Harry
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Would thIs new styling stop any of you from buying this generation BMW either new or when they become used?
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Orange Cola wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:38 am Would thIs new styling stop any of you from buying this generation BMW either new or when they become used?
Yep. Anything after the F-series models is a big fat no from me
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Orange Cola wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:38 am Would thIs new styling stop any of you from buying this generation BMW either new or when they become used?
As a lifelong BMW fan, I struggled with how ugly the 1 series was (as in the previous two old 1 series, not the mpv style new one) - enough to not really want one. So yes, the new ugly ones are enough to put me off.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Totally.

Although it depends how hideous the future versions are, the new one could end up being seen as a design classic :lol:

As it is, no, I would not buy on rand I can't imagine there being a point at which they're cheap enough I could accept the looks.

I'd chose a saloon version of an e9x over a coupe purely because I think they look better, and I'd take a current m3 over and m4 because I think they look better, and same again with the new bulbous nose versions.
Cheers, Harry
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Interesting responses, what would you buy otherwise? If you're looking for a similar type of car would you stick to an older BMW or if you wanted something similar to the age of this generation would you go to another brand?

The company car schemes will still shift plenty of volume for BMW but it'll be interesting to see if the M series volumes will be impacted where there are more private sales. It's an interesting exercise in just how much bad styling will hit sales, based on past BMW performance e.g. when the Bangle cars came out to lots of style criticism it doesn't seem to make a difference. [mention]integrale_evo[/mention] I think you're right, it might hinge on just how bad the facelift is to see what the long term feelings are of this design :lol:
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

I didn’t like the e60 when it first came out, though as soon as I saw one in m sport trim i changed completely. I’m not convinced this will have the same impact!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

My family went from BMW fans to going totally off them. Luckily
more choice than ever before if you want a new car. Back in the old days if you wanted a well built car, which was good looking and handled well there was only one choice. Now there’s plenty from every most manufacturers.