Talented Audi Drivers

Swervin_Mervin

Re: Talented Audi Drivers

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Simon wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:25 pm He's a dick.
Err, that's basically wot mik sed
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

What's worse, doing 200mph in a newish RS6 on a quiet 3lane English mway or 140mph in a 13yo Pug 605 with a knackered ns shock and a random droning noise on l/h bends on a busy 2 lane autobahn?
Last edited by Swervin_Mervin on Fri May 22, 2020 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Jobbo wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:38 pm Simon, would 100mph have been ok? What about 200mph where legal in Germany?

There’s nothing innately dangerous about speed alone.
I agree speed doesn’t kill. Dangerous driving does. That’s exactly what he did the moment he decided to hoof it and film his own speedo and drive one handed, speed became irrelevant at that moment
Beany

Post by Beany »

jamcg wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 11:01 pm
Jobbo wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:38 pm Simon, would 100mph have been ok? What about 200mph where legal in Germany?

I agree speed doesn’t kill. Dangerous driving does. That’s exactly what he did the moment he decided to hoof it and film his own speedo and drive one handed, speed became irrelevant at that moment
Absolutely this, and that people are defending it is utterly fucking laughable.

Get your head out of your arses, the guys a cunt.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Beany wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 6:29 pm
_andy wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 6:22 pm What is it with people filming themselves doing crimes and putting it on the internet? He deserves to be caught just for that, and with all the ANPR, etc. that is around probably set up around Gatwick, and knowing the exact model of (pretty uncommon) car, I don't think it'll take a lot of work to track him down.
....and when they do catch him, 200mph one handed probably means a few weeks in the clink.
I’ve mentioned this before but my mate served 6 months of a 9 month sentence after being clocked at 160ish along the dolphinston straight on his bike.

I’d definitely expect this guy to be doing at least that if he’s caught.
An absolute unit
Beany

Post by Beany »

ZedLeg wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 11:13 pm
Beany wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 6:29 pm
_andy wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 6:22 pm What is it with people filming themselves doing crimes and putting it on the internet? He deserves to be caught just for that, and with all the ANPR, etc. that is around probably set up around Gatwick, and knowing the exact model of (pretty uncommon) car, I don't think it'll take a lot of work to track him down.
....and when they do catch him, 200mph one handed probably means a few weeks in the clink.
I’ve mentioned this before but my mate served 6 months of a 9 month sentence after being clocked at 160ish along the dolphinston straight on his bike.

I’d definitely expect this guy to be doing at least that if he’s caught.
HAHA BUT HE'S COOL AND IN A FAST CAR IT'S FINE
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Simon wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:25 pm
And even if he didn't hit anyone else but just crashed and killed himself then there's still the trauma that the emergency workers would go through in scraping the bits of his body off of the 800 yards of motorway. Not to mention the cost of doing all that.

Nope, no way you can justify it ever. He's a dick.
Speaking as someone who cleaned up a family of three people who knowingly took a serious risk, were warned about the risk but carried on with their actions anyway and then ultimately paid for it with all three of their lives, I fully agree with this. The emergency services are there for genuine accidents & emergencies, including ones where risks are managed properly, not as a clean up crew for people being a dick.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Post taken as intended but
mik wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 9:02 pm probably pooped their pantaloons.
did make me :lol:

There's a comment on that twitter thread suggesting it was a car being delivered from Kent Audi (?). I'll try to find it again.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Orange Cola wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 11:29 pm
And even if he didn't hit anyone else but just crashed and killed himself then there's still the trauma that the emergency workers would go through in scraping the bits of his body off of the 800 yards of motorway. Not to mention the cost of doing all that.

Speaking as someone who cleaned up a family of three people who knowingly took a serious risk, were warned about the risk but carried on with their actions anyway and then ultimately paid for it with all three of their lives, I fully agree with this. The emergency services are there for genuine accidents & emergencies, including ones where risks are managed properly, not as a clean up crew for people being a dick.
No OC, didn't you know, he was taking it seriously you fucking liberal - trying to stop people from driving at 200mph on a public road designed when 100mph seemed unrealist....I'm sorry, The Internet Cool Gang have told me to be quiet.
_andy

Post by _andy »

jamcg wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 11:01 pm

Word. If he had his foot in and was paying proper attention thats one thing, but this shit cunt is doing it one handed and recording it. If he was doing it at half the speed he'd still be a prize fuckwit.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

nuttinnew wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 11:46 pm Post taken as intended but
mik wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 9:02 pm probably pooped their pantaloons.
did make me :lol:

There's a comment on that twitter thread suggesting it was a car being delivered from Kent Audi (?). I'll try to find it again.
If so then the dealer best have their driver logs up to date or they're mega in the shit :shock:
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

I assume he meant driver rather than owner.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 11:01 pm What's worse, doing 200mph in a newish RS6 on a quiet 3lane English mway or 140mph in a 13yo Pug 605 with a knackered ns shock and a random droning noise on l/h bends on a busy 2 lane autobahn?
Depends if you did it one handed and used all the lanes 😄

Beany, I’m not saying this guy isn’t a dick; filming it, driving one-handed and switching lanes all demonstrate that. But he’d be a dick if he’d filmed himself doing that at 71mph.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Jobbo wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 7:00 am
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 11:01 pm What's worse, doing 200mph in a newish RS6 on a quiet 3lane English mway or 140mph in a 13yo Pug 605 with a knackered ns shock and a random droning noise on l/h bends on a busy 2 lane autobahn?
Depends if you did it one handed and used all the lanes 😄

Beany, I’m not saying this guy isn’t a dick; filming it, driving one-handed and switching lanes all demonstrate that. But he’d be a dick if he’d filmed himself doing that at 71mph.
where does that logic stop though, would he be a dick doing it a 3mph down a deserted public lane?
8Ball

Post by 8Ball »

Seems a trend may have been started.

Kent Clicky
Simon

Post by Simon »

Yes, there's nothing innately dangerous about speed alone, totally agree, but there's very few roads where you can do 200mph in this country without any danger, even without other traffic, and the M23 from J10 is definitely not such a road.

To answer your questions I think if he weren't filming it and driving one handed then, yes, from a safety perspective 100mph would likely have been ok on that road and with those traffic levels. 200mph in Germany? Well watching AutoTopNL's vids on YouTube regularly, I can see that the Autobahns are hugely different to the motorways here. Much straighter, flatter and with less undulations. I rarely see an issue with their top speed runs.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
mik

Post by mik »

8Ball wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:57 am Seems a trend may have been started.

Kent Clicky
YouTube vid is easier to see.

I saw some vids from this walloper a couple of weeks back - going nuts on residential roads.

Towards the end of that vid he’s doing 180+ adjusting the phone zoom with one hand and waving the other around to the music. But he’s clearly a liability at any speed....
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Beany wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 12:02 am
Orange Cola wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 11:29 pm

No OC, didn't you know, he was taking it seriously you fucking liberal - trying to stop people from driving at 200mph on a public road designed when 100mph seemed unrealist....I'm sorry, The Internet Cool Gang have told me to be quiet.
You'll probably find that the design standards for an autobahn and a UK motorway are pretty similar. I could probably look them up and compare them, but I really CBA.
_andy

Post by _andy »

mik wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:34 am
8Ball wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:57 am Seems a trend may have been started.

Kent Clicky
YouTube vid is easier to see.

I saw some vids from this walloper a couple of weeks back - going nuts on residential roads.

Towards the end of that vid he’s doing 180+ adjusting the phone zoom with one hand and waving the other around to the music. But he’s clearly a liability at any speed....
What is it about S3/RS3's? They seem to attract these sorts of wankers more so than other similar cars :?: Hopefully this one can be tracked down too, and with luck get an extra 3 months for filming in portrait :roll:
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

What the fuck has he down to that RS3 to get it up to those speeds?

(I also wouldn’t be surprised if it was stolen)