eDragster

mik

eDragster

Post by mik »

I guess the numbers are impressive, but wow this makes me want to go to Santa Pod to hear a proper one.... :(

I didn’t watch after the run so have no idea what the rest of the vid is.

RobYob

Re: eDragster

Post by RobYob »

Awesome.

That's the thing, petrol heads aren't going to stop wanting to hear a Top Fueler even when they're outrun by EV dragsters.

There's some appeal that you can sneak something like this through a village in the wee hours to hit some private driveways with epic launches. :lol:
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Dull dull dull.

Dave!
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

For the first time in my life, I’d actually got around to buying tickets to watch the top fuelers at Santa Pod this year. It was not to be.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

The Mustang electric drag racer looks cool, in fact the concept of a BEV Mustang coupe looks cool (I’m sure a Rich B will be along to say that car exists already in the form of the Mustang Mach E and fail to grasp the difference of an SUV BEV and a coupe BEV and just group them both together as identical cars) but I do wonder what the tuning options are for a BEV, they’re power limited by quite a few very expensive things, no £1500 remaps and air filters here :?
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Orange Cola wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:08 pm The Mustang electric drag racer looks cool, in fact the concept of a BEV Mustang coupe looks cool (I’m sure a Rich B will be along to say that car exists already in the form of the Mustang Mach E and fail to grasp the difference of an SUV BEV and a coupe BEV and just group them both together as identical cars) but I do wonder what the tuning options are for a BEV, they’re power limited by quite a few very expensive things, no £1500 remaps and air filters here :?
You'll just make up some lie to back up your argument anyway, so no need.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Rich B wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:11 pm
Orange Cola wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:08 pm The Mustang electric drag racer looks cool, in fact the concept of a BEV Mustang coupe looks cool (I’m sure a Rich B will be along to say that car exists already in the form of the Mustang Mach E and fail to grasp the difference of an SUV BEV and a coupe BEV and just group them both together as identical cars) but I do wonder what the tuning options are for a BEV, they’re power limited by quite a few very expensive things, no £1500 remaps and air filters here :?
You'll just make up some lie to back up your argument anyway, so no need.
Haven’t lied about anything.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

I'm curious what the sort of thunk thunk thunk noise it made of the line was (and further down the track when it maybe changed gear). Traction control of some sort?
mik

Post by mik »

That is the Advanced eThunker. It manages all thunking activities.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

8-)
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

nuttinnew wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:16 pm I'm curious what the sort of thunk thunk thunk noise it made of the line was (and further down the track when it maybe changed gear). Traction control of some sort?
Tyres going over areas with a lot of rubber laid down on the surface
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

jamcg wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:59 pm
nuttinnew wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:16 pm I'm curious what the sort of thunk thunk thunk noise it made of the line was (and further down the track when it maybe changed gear). Traction control of some sort?
Tyres going over areas with a lot of rubber laid down on the surface

Ta :)
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

How to make 0-200mph in a few seconds look spectacularly boring :(
Cheers, Harry
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:02 pm For the first time in my life, I’d actually got around to buying tickets to watch the top fuelers at Santa Pod this year. It was not to be.
Snap, half track seating aswell. They have been sensible with just keeping the money aside as I think Santa Pod was in trouble.

Dave!
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

V8Granite wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:32 am
NotoriousREV wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:02 pm For the first time in my life, I’d actually got around to buying tickets to watch the top fuelers at Santa Pod this year. It was not to be.
Snap, half track seating aswell. They have been sensible with just keeping the money aside as I think Santa Pod was in trouble.

Dave!
Yeah, I emailed them to say don’t refund me, hang onto the money.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I used to love going to Santa pod when I was a kid, not been for years though.

Used to have a bit of mangled cylinder head as a souvenir from a top fuel engine that grenaded in the middle of a run.
An absolute unit
dan

Post by dan »

Woweee that’s shit.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Santa Pod Top fuel for those who haven’t been - loud beyond belief, and you will get sunburn! Great day out though, hope it continues!