Thanks MonkeyHarris...

Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Thanks MonkeyHarris...

Post by Ascender »

...I want another one of these. Chris Harris was linking to original Autocar coverage of the M5 launch and I just happened to check out Auto Trader.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifie ... qh&page=1

Would this be madness? Need to see what the current BMW warranty costs are per year. I loved that car but it was a bit of a danger ride in terms of waiting for the red cog of death to happen.

20K though....
Cheers,

Mike.
Foz

Re: Thanks MonkeyHarris...

Post by Foz »

Good but flawed, expensive to run but not as expensive as the C5 RS6 IME anyway 😂
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

I think to be honest the only flaw in this plan is that I have the Golf R leased for another 18 months. I’m actually encouraged by the warranty costs and have found a couple of 20K cars with FSH and reasonable miles.
Cheers,

Mike.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Anyone started sticking the e90 dct box or zf8 on these yet?
Cheers, Harry
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

E90 M3 manual fits right on.

I'd rather have a saloon for half the dough. Seen a few '07s with 70-80k for £9-10k
Real-life Females
scotta

Post by scotta »

There was a post on twitter the otherday of a black M5 touring on fire. the plate looked very similar to that one on the AT link.
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Nathan wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:45 pm E90 M3 manual fits right on.

I'd rather have a saloon for half the dough. Seen a few '07s with 70-80k for £9-10k
Wow really. 8-) Where are they from, not seen any on AT?

RE M5, yes flawed cars but I’m a fan.
scotta

Post by scotta »

scotta wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:57 pm There was a post on twitter the otherday of a black M5 touring on fire. the plate looked very similar to that one on the AT link.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

If it helps, my M3 if the same era was perfectly reliable when used daily over 30k miles.

There’s good and shit examples of all of these cars - you’ll always hear most about people’s shit experiences though because they are more dramatic!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Well the number plate was appropriate!
How about not having a sig at all?
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

I thought you got rid as your Mrs was worried about the house being robbed for the keys? Although apparently Golf Rs are similarly popular.

I guess with a iron clad warranty... :shock: 8-)
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Glass roof 8-)
Those registrations are nothing alike :lol:
A bad run of luck :(
He's a snapper for the mags isn't he?
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Coaster1 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:06 pm
Nathan wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:45 pm E90 M3 manual fits right on.

Wow really. 8-) Where are they from, not seen any on AT?

RE M5, yes flawed cars but I’m a fan.
Ebay FB marketplace gumtree etc

Saw a mint 2012 M5 50k for £16k
Real-life Females
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Rich B wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:14 pm If it helps, my M3 if the same era was perfectly reliable when used daily over 30k miles.

There’s good and shit examples of all of these cars - you’ll always hear most about people’s shit experiences though because they are more dramatic!
With the smg box about 90% of people have a shit experience at some point :lol:
Cheers, Harry
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Golf R’s are targets, yes.

If I were to buy a V10 M5 - better as an estate - then I’d buy the nicest one I could afford and treat it as a rolling restoration. It would be one to sit on long term. I’d also secure it like Fort Knox.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Gavin wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:31 pm I thought you got rid as your Mrs was worried about the house being robbed for the keys? Although apparently Golf Rs are similarly popular.

No, the M5 was actually stolen and then recovered although let’s just say the theft was much more opportunity than targeted once we discovered the facts...

I’ve heard that about Golf R’s too but thankfully no hassle with ours yet. Now, who do I speak to about the most sensible way to end a lease. Mr [mention]ShockDiamonds[/mention] I believe?
Cheers,

Mike.
mik

Post by mik »

Ascender wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:42 pm
No, the M5 was actually stolen and then recovered although let’s just say the theft was much more opportunity than targeted once we discovered the facts...
Anything you can share?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Ascender wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:42 pm Now, who do I speak to about the most sensible way to end a lease.
Tried to get out of a vwfs and you have to pay the full amount to hand it back early which is probably a bit silly. Or you could get it pinched or set on fire.

Did your mrs leave the keys in the M5 ;) :lol:
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Broccers wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:55 pm
Ascender wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:42 pm Now, who do I speak to about the most sensible way to end a lease.
Tried to get out of a vwfs and you have to pay the full amount to hand it back early which is probably a bit silly. Or you could get it pinched or set on fire.

Did your mrs leave the keys in the M5 ;) :lol:
Yeah, thought I was out of options but its fine, I just need to be patient. I am loving the Golf R though.

As for the M5 theft, its not far off that.... I came down and assumed the keys had been fished through the letterbox. Thought nothing of it until when the polis were round and I saw them opening and closing the patio doors and looking at each other. The penny dropped and I entered excuse mode while Mrs Mike scuttled off upstairs.

“Yes officer, we always lock those doors at night.”

“No, there’s no broken glass, but I’ve seen how easy locks are to pick in the movies.”

So we got away with one given the car was found that day....

One of the polis did say “lesson one son, always make sure there’s a broken window somewhere before we arrive”.
Cheers,

Mike.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Ascender wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:42 pm
Gavin wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:31 pm I thought you got rid as your Mrs was worried about the house being robbed for the keys? Although apparently Golf Rs are similarly popular.

I’ve heard that about Golf R’s too but thankfully no hassle with ours yet. Now, who do I speak to about the most sensible way to end a lease. Mr @ShockDiamonds I believe?
You want advice from a man who paid £9k to give a 520d se back early?!!