Thanks MonkeyHarris...

Broccers

Re: Thanks MonkeyHarris...

Post by Broccers »

Ascender wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:51 pm
One of the polis did say “lesson one son, always make sure there’s a broken window somewhere before we arrive”.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

nuttinnew wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:40 pm Glass roof 8-)
Those registrations are nothing alike :lol:
A bad run of luck :(
He's a snapper for the mags isn't he?
He is. Formerly of Max Power, he snaps for Top Gear magazine these days. He bought my R33 GTR off me and blew it up doing a big single turbo conversion.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Hmm, maybe it wasn't all the M5's fault then...
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Rich B wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:55 pm
Ascender wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:42 pm
Gavin wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:31 pm I thought you got rid as your Mrs was worried about the house being robbed for the keys? Although apparently Golf Rs are similarly popular.

I guess with a iron clad warranty... :shock: 8-)
No, the M5 was actually stolen and then recovered although let’s just say the theft was much more opportunity than targeted once we discovered the facts...

I’ve heard that about Golf R’s too but thankfully no hassle with ours yet. Now, who do I speak to about the most sensible way to end a lease. Mr @ShockDiamonds I believe?
You want advice from a man who paid £9k to give a 520d se back early?!!
SD had a PCP rather than a lease anyway 😄

If your Golf were stolen and not recovered, or crashed beyond repair, that would be a way for the lease to end early but not without hassle, I’m sure. It would certainly involve an insurance claim. The only other way is to contact the lease company and ask for an early termination quote. Usually 50% of the remaining payments, so probably quite a lot until the last month or two of the lease.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

nuttinnew wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:23 pm Hmm, maybe it wasn't all the M5's fault then...
And for the record, neither was it the fault of my wife.
Cheers,

Mike.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Jobbo wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:18 am
Rich B wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:55 pm
Ascender wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:42 pm

No, the M5 was actually stolen and then recovered although let’s just say the theft was much more opportunity than targeted once we discovered the facts...

I’ve heard that about Golf R’s too but thankfully no hassle with ours yet. Now, who do I speak to about the most sensible way to end a lease. Mr @ShockDiamonds I believe?
You want advice from a man who paid £9k to give a 520d se back early?!!

If your Golf were stolen and not recovered, or crashed beyond repair, that would be a way for the lease to end early but not without hassle, I’m sure. It would certainly involve an insurance claim. The only other way is to contact the lease company and ask for an early termination quote. Usually 50% of the remaining payments, so probably quite a lot until the last month or two of the lease.
I’ve no idea why I thought it was a lease! Can you not hand a PCP back after making 50% of the payments without any punishment? Either way, I did mean to engage sarcasm mode when I made that post.

I’m now nervous that this thread could become evidence, so for the record, I am not considering any dodgy way to end the lease on the Golf.
Cheers,

Mike.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Ascender wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:03 am
nuttinnew wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:23 pm Hmm, maybe it wasn't all the M5's fault then...
And for the record, neither was it the fault of my wife.
I was replying to REV. My fault, I should have quoted him.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Ascender wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:05 am
Jobbo wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:18 am
Rich B wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:55 pm You want advice from a man who paid £9k to give a 520d se back early?!!

I’ve no idea why I thought it was a lease! Can you not hand a PCP back after making 50% of the payments without any punishment? Either way, I did mean to engage sarcasm mode when I made that post.

I’m now nervous that this thread could become evidence, so for the record, I am not considering any dodgy way to end the lease on the Golf.
We are go for Projecto removeo Golfo ......

Taps nose

Dave!
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Mike, is your Golf on a PCP rather than a lease? Leases tended to be significantly cheaper.

If it’s a PCP then yes, you can exercise your right of voluntary termination after you’ve paid 50% of the total due under the agreement. That is nowadays often very close to the end of the PCP term anyway (finance companies became wise to people doing it).
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Jobbo wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:16 pm Mike, is your Golf on a PCP rather than a lease? Leases tended to be significantly cheaper.

If it’s a PCP then yes, you can exercise your right of voluntary termination after you’ve paid 50% of the total due under the agreement. That is nowadays often very close to the end of the PCP term anyway (finance companies became wise to people doing it).
Yeah, people forget that 50% of the amount due includes the balloon payment.
Middle-aged Dirtbag