Where’s the car price crash apocalypse ?

Broccers

Re: Where’s the car price crash apocalypse ?

Post by Broccers »

Rich B wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:08 am
Broccers wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:50 am Yours does that mpg going to the shops - send a pic mate of the computer - and you driving like a fanny.
if I only drive to the shops I’d not have sold the M3. I’ve averaged about 12-15k a year for the last 2 years.
:lol: :lol:

You sold your M3 as you had a child. Anyway I dont, and many others, believe you. Of course if you are driving 1000s of miles a month then your mpg is better but local pootling you wont see 25 mpg even with your gay foot.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Nic wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:25 am Image

Nice! Parked like a proper Porsche driver too.

What model year is that? It’s obviously the one where they sorted out the styling, but I kind of lost track with them.
Cheers,

Mike.
Nic

Post by Nic »

Rich B wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:08 am
Broccers wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:50 am Yours does that mpg going to the shops - send a pic mate of the computer - and you driving like a fanny.
if I only drive to the shops I’d not have sold the M3. I’ve averaged about 12-15k a year for the last 2 years.
Is that all? I’d have kept the M3.
Nic

Post by Nic »

Ascender wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:15 am
Nic wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:25 am Image

Nice! Parked like a proper Porsche driver too.

What model year is that? It’s obviously the one where they sorted out the styling, but I kind of lost track with them.
Q7 is over lapping the space on the other side for full effect.

It’s a 957 so the facelift which came in 2007. It appears to be one of the very early facelift Turbo’s and yes I paid under £7k for it, spoke to the trader selling it and asked him if he’d take my money, he said yes so I pressed buy it now to take it off the market. Obviously it needs a bit of work along with re registering it on UK plates, will need a MOT and at the very least it will need a headlight fixing for that, worst case appears to be £500 for a second hand headlight.

Drove it home from chesterfield and set the cruise at 80mph but hammered it off every roundabout, no doubt with a proper RichB light foot pansy drive it might give back a bit more. Around town it’s so far dipped to 18 and I can live with that no problems. Also needs a thermostat as it runs a bit cool on the motorway and the parking sensors don’t work.

This could be a cool I’ve bought the cheapest Turbo story or end in tears.
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

Hoovie Garage style :lol:
M235i
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

I’ve found the big V8’s I’ve driven have been fine when driven normally. 25+ is easily achievable with 29+ on motorways also easily achievable. I’ve yet to get below 18mpg (lots of idling and short journeys) but mostly 20-22mpg from V8’s driving around town, shortish journeys etc.

Amazingly my Focus ST 2.0T Petrol was about the same, maybe 2-3mpg better in some circumstances. I can only imagine VW are being true to their values by being exceptionally honest about their fuel consumption on the 2.0T Petrol with 250bhp...
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Q7 is over lapping the space on the other side for full effect.

It’s a 957 so the facelift which came in 2007. It appears to be one of the very early facelift Turbo’s and yes I paid under £7k for it, spoke to the trader selling it and asked him if he’d take my money, he said yes so I pressed buy it now to take it off the market. Obviously it needs a bit of work along with re registering it on UK plates, will need a MOT and at the very least it will need a headlight fixing for that, worst case appears to be £500 for a second hand headlight.

Drove it home from chesterfield and set the cruise at 80mph but hammered it off every roundabout, no doubt with a proper RichB light foot pansy drive it might give back a bit more. Around town it’s so far dipped to 18 and I can live with that no problems. Also needs a thermostat as it runs a bit cool on the motorway and the parking sensors don’t work.

This could be a cool I’ve bought the cheapest Turbo story or end in tears.
It looks really good, can’t believe its 2007!? Where has time gone... There’s a green first-gen one I pass each week which has been sitting in the forecourt of a local dealer for a long time now and time has not been kind to that original design. Which was never the best to start with.

7K is an utter bargain, even if you do need to spend some money getting things done over time.

There was a similar age one with 150K on the clock i saw on AutoTrader recently and the interior looks to have held up remarkably well.
Cheers,

Mike.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Beany wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:59 am I'm happy to announce that since I've used the BMW as my 'break room' while WFH (to get the hell away from screens on lunch, etc) it's spent a lot of time idling. I think the average now for the last few months is about 7mpg, as it doesn't remove 'stopped' time from the fuel consumption averages.

I might get a picture later.

(pootling around town it's about 11-13mpg as it barely warms up, on a run mostly cruising at 70 (say, popping to Hull with a bit of town on each end) it's around 30 average.
Why are you idling if you're just sitting there?
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Probably the big orange thing in the sky turning the inside of the car into an oven?
How about not having a sig at all?
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

DeskJockey wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:09 pm
Beany wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:59 am I'm happy to announce that since I've used the BMW as my 'break room' while WFH (to get the hell away from screens on lunch, etc) it's spent a lot of time idling. I think the average now for the last few months is about 7mpg, as it doesn't remove 'stopped' time from the fuel consumption averages.

(pootling around town it's about 11-13mpg as it barely warms up, on a run mostly cruising at 70 (say, popping to Hull with a bit of town on each end) it's around 30 average.
Errr, dealers don’t sit with their engines off?
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Orange Cola wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:30 pm

And I thought he worked in IT!
---
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

DeskJockey wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:35 pm

He does. It’s a perfect alibi for all the money he makes. Everyone knows how much IT contractors cost, coining a bit extra in on the lunch time run won’t look at all suspicious when you’ve got a company called ‘Raith IT services’, a BMW 330 convertible and dress only in black.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Orange Cola wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:38 pm
DeskJockey wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:35 pm

He does. It’s a perfect alibi for all the money he makes. Everyone knows how much IT contractors cost, coining a bit extra in on the lunch time run won’t look at all suspicious when you’ve got a company called ‘Raith IT services’, a BMW 330 convertible and dress only in black.
:lol:
---
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Orange Cola wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:38 pm He does. It’s a perfect alibi for all the money he makes. Everyone knows how much IT contractors cost, coining a bit extra in on the lunch time run won’t look at all suspicious when you’ve got a company called ‘Raith IT services’, a BMW 330 convertible and dress only in black.
OMG. It all makes sense.

And now he's hooked up with Nic and the drug-run Cayenne :D

130k miles on a tiny island ? Give over. It's been over here regularly on false plates, out-running the Liverpool rozzers !

While also returning suspiciously good fuel consumption figures...
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Probably find there’s a hidden drugs compartment crushing the fuel flow sensor and making the readings appear better than they really are.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Sadly, Mito is correct. I wish I had a drug dealers income, believe me....
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Double post caused by finger slip while in a firery rage.

Dave!
Last edited by V8Granite on Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Don’t take this personally but people who just sit in cars idling really piss me off. During lockdown in Bridgnorth loads of cars in the car park were sat there idling with someone sat in them.

Just open a window.

Now I’m no hippy save the planet person but it just seems lazy and wasteful.

I need help, I’ve no reason for that to annoy me so much :lol:

Dave!
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

V8Granite wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:33 am

Don’t take this personally but people who just sit in cars idling really piss me off. During lockdown in Bridgnorth loads of cars in the car park were sat there idling with someone sat in them.

Just open a window.

Dave!
It's ok, you can call him a cunt ;)
M235i
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

V8Granite wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:34 am Don’t take this personally but people who just sit in cars idling really piss me off. During lockdown in Bridgnorth loads of cars in the car park were sat there idling with someone sat in them.

Just open a window.

Dave!
Annoys me too. See it a lot outside schools
Real-life Females