SSO Blog: Aston Martin, Ferrari & McLaren's Challenges

SSO

SSO Blog: Aston Martin, Ferrari & McLaren's Challenges

Post by SSO »

Just posted a new article on the Challenges Aston Martin, Ferrari, and McLaren now face:

https://karenable.com/aston-martin-ferr ... hallenges/

Comments?
dinny_g

Re: SSO Blog: Aston Martin, Ferrari & McLaren's Challenges

Post by dinny_g »

Very interesting view on things SSO..
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Interesting read, worrying times at Gaydon, plenty of mates took refuge there from the disastrous Jean Marc Gale years at Lotus.

The Aston Martin IPO's due dilligence must've stunk to high heaven though surely? Or is it that simply the expected level of risk in these things?
SSO

Post by SSO »

RobYob wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:34 pm Interesting read, worrying times at Gaydon, plenty of mates took refuge there from the disastrous Jean Marc Gale years at Lotus.

The Aston Martin IPO's due dilligence must've stunk to high heaven though surely? Or is it that simply the expected level of risk in these things?
It's hard to say on the due diligence. My guess is people ignored a lot of things they didn't want to hear. Most of Aston's wounds are self inflicted.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I kind of hope you’re right about Stroll’s plans for AM. I just don’t feel they really have much of a direction, otherwise.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:24 pm I kind of hope you’re right about Stroll’s plans for AM. I just don’t feel they really have much of a direction, otherwise.
The conversion of a car brand to a luxury goods brand is awefully reminiscent of the Bahar plan for Lotus... Let's hope execution is significantly better!
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

RobYob wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:58 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:24 pm I kind of hope you’re right about Stroll’s plans for AM. I just don’t feel they really have much of a direction, otherwise.
The conversion of a car brand to a luxury goods brand is awefully reminiscent of the Bahar plan for Lotus... Let's hope execution is significantly better!
I guess the difference here is concentrating on 3 specific models rather than trying to launch an entire range of really weird niche stuff in 3 weeks.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
SSO

Post by SSO »

Good news.....it could not possibly be worse.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

SSO wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:01 pm
Yup, did you ever meet crazy Dany SSO?
SSO

Post by SSO »

RobYob wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:45 pm
SSO wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:01 pm

Yup, did you ever meet crazy Dany SSO?
I did, when he was at Ferrari and the meeting was about my disagreement with his ideas on the Challenge / Fiorano racing program. He made a complete mess of things and then left.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Pretty much sounds like his modus operandi.

He must have done some good, somewhere, at some point to keep landing these roles?
SSO

Post by SSO »

Beany wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:33 pm Pretty much sounds like his modus operandi.

He must have done some good, somewhere, at some point to keep landing these roles?
None that I could ever find any evidence of. He had some sort of connection to Jean Todt which is how he kept landing well.