Nice M3

mik

Re: Nice M3

Post by mik »

I never got any further than flicking through a few pages of MP in WHSmiths. I know there were a few gems hidden in there, but mostly it seemed to be everything I wasn’t interested in wrt cars. think I’d have been less embarrassed if my mum had caught me sneaking a peek at a Jazz Mag. :oops:

However - about 10yrs ago we met some extended family that we didn’t know existed. Lovely couple that we get on great with. And it turns out they met whilst both working in the advertising dept of said publication. True story. :geek:
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

NotoriousREV wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:41 am I only ever bought one or two copies of Max Power, I think. Whenever I looked at it in the shelf it was always full of Mynheer-kitted Rover 25 with the standard 1.1 engine, or a Saxo that some gimp had spent £50k on to turn it into a mobile Wigan nightclub. I don’t remember ever seeing anything decent in it.
You were probably a bit old, Max Power came out when I was about 12/13 and I loved it. But by the time I was actually old enough to drive, the cars/magazine had pretty much the same appeal as anything else that appealed Mainly to 12/13 year olds. None.

I did like the stuff like the Lupo 1.0 with a VR6 in it though.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I was probably 17/18, I guess. At the time I was obsessed with Street Machine.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
John

Post by John »

Street Machine was the first car mag that I bought, mainly due to the BMW csl on the cover. I then moved onto CCC and even got my 205 turbo featured.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

I bought the first issue of Max Power as it came with a free cap iirc. No idea why, I've never worn caps! I bought a few issues but stopped as they never quoted power/performance figures for the cars that actually had modified engines.