6month extension for MOT's

mik

6month extension for MOT's

Post by mik »

So now this has been announced..... I don't need my MOT done for the end of April. 8-)

But, the car is already booked in for annual service + MOT in a couple of weeks...... I get them done together at the indie.

Service schedule is 9k miles or 1yr - whichever comes first. Car has only done 4k miles this year.

So - delay both for 6months based on current situation and the fact the mileage covered is so far below the service mileage trigger, or get service done to keep history squeaky-clean? :?
Carlos

Re: 6month extension for MOT's

Post by Carlos »

It wouldn't put me off as a buyer being 6 months late but well within the mileage, more so given the intervals are just 9k miles.
mik

Post by mik »

That’s kinda where my head is too Carlos....
_andy

Post by _andy »

The BMW's MoT expires on Monday which is when the change comes in, so I just about made it.

I was going to just SORN it for a bit anyway as I doubt I'll be using it for a while.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

I just checked my wife’s car reminded by the MoT news... , it expired 2 weeks ago. :roll:

she forgets it every year, last time it was about 6 months expired when I checked it for her.

She’s got a cancellation booking now and is combining it with a trip to the supermarket next door to the test centre - not ideal in this situation though.

I’m setting an alarm for next year.
mik

Post by mik »

I have them in Outlook, but also signed up to this:

https://www.gov.uk/mot-reminder
Barry

Post by Barry »

Civic is due April so this is a bit of a relief. One of the bikes due its annual service but as its not going anywhere that's no great panic either.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Thankfully it’s passed without any issues - otherwise that would have turned into more hassle!
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

MOT is due in September. Hope/expect things to have improved by then but even if the extension is still in place I’ll probably still get it done. Also because I expect Porsche may request it in relation to the warranty.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Rich B wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:27 pm I just checked my wife’s car reminded by the MoT news... , it expired 2 weeks ago. :roll:

she forgets it every year, last time it was about 6 months expired when I checked it for her.

She’s got a cancellation booking now and is combining it with a trip to the supermarket next door to the test centre - not ideal in this situation though.

You could just set up an email reminder.

I honestly can’t believe the risk you are imposing on the general public with your law-breaking though.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:59 pm
Rich B wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:27 pm I just checked my wife’s car reminded by the MoT news... , it expired 2 weeks ago. :roll:

You could just set up an email reminder.

I honestly can’t believe the risk you are imposing on the general public with your law-breaking though.
I've not broken any laws?