https://karenable.com/update-on-the-scg-004/

Comments?
nuttinnew

Re: SSO Blogs: Update on the SCG 004

Post by nuttinnew »

RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Good to read about your impending ownership experience. I admire what Glickenhaus is doing the way I used to admire what Pagani was doing.

The comment along the lines of "leading supercar manufacturer still using what contains your chilled carbonated bevarage" is a bit off. "All aluminium" is/was a bit of a fad and "mixed material" is the new thing, witness how much steel has gone back into Porsche structures. The right material in the right place.

SCG never did get back to me on using high temperature composites for their exhausts though. :lol:
SSO

Post by SSO »

RobYob wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:43 am
The comment along the lines of "leading supercar manufacturer still using what contains your chilled carbonated bevarage" is a bit off. "All aluminium" is/was a bit of a fad and "mixed material" is the new thing, witness how much steel has gone back into Porsche structures.
Sorry, this was a bit of a jab at Ferrari. They should have moved to CF tubs a long time ago. If McLaren can, no reason Ferrari should not be able to do it as well.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

SSO wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:21 pm
The comment along the lines of "leading supercar manufacturer still using what contains your chilled carbonated bevarage" is a bit off. "All aluminium" is/was a bit of a fad and "mixed material" is the new thing, witness how much steel has gone back into Porsche structures.
Sorry, this was a bit of a jab at Ferrari. They should have moved to CF tubs a long time ago. If McLaren can, no reason Ferrari should not be able to do it as well.
Unless they anticipate their customers to crash more in which case best to stick with something more repairable :D

All jokes aside, if platform capability isn't compromised, make it out of whatever is cheapest. Are Ferrari noticeably worse in structures?
SSO

Post by SSO »

RobYob wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:35 pm
SSO wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:21 pm
Unless they anticipate their customers to crash more in which case best to stick with something more repairable :D

All jokes aside, if platform capability isn't compromised, make it out of whatever is cheapest. Are Ferrari noticeably worse in structures?
When it comes to Spiders, a CF tub does make a difference.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

SSO wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:19 pm When it comes to Spiders, a CF tub does make a difference.
Due to my upbringing it took me about ten seconds to realise you were talking about the open top vehicle configuration :oops: