Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Re: H7 LED

Post by Rich B »

👍🏻
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Might give these a go too, e39 has the shittiest headlights around. I've become a fog-light always on wanker just to get a bit of extra light out the front.

I had a set of "cheap" (£50) LEDs from Amazon last winter but they set off the blown bulb sensor on every startup (advertised as ok for sensors but weren't) and one blew after six months.

They were significantly brighter though.
mik

Post by mik »

Scott LED the path for other BMWankers to follow....
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

RobYob wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:52 am ...they set off the blown bulb sensor on every startup..
I’m pretty sure you can code out the cold check. I had a thing for it, I think it was BMWScanner.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Sundayjumper wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:27 am
RobYob wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:52 am ...they set off the blown bulb sensor on every startup..
I’m pretty sure you can code out the cold check. I had a thing for it, I think it was BMWScanner.
Yeah I have a USB-OBD cable with INPA and NCS but never got around to coding it out.
scotta

Post by scotta »

Couple of bulb warning on it yesterday that disappear as soon as i turned the lights on. Will need to look at bimmercode and change the voltage monitoring values.
scotta

Post by scotta »

I recoded the lights in Bimmercode. The app give you an option to set the lights from bulb to LED. Since doing that its been fine. no warnings. Lights are a vast improvement over the halogens and since ive adjusted the beam havent been flashed. Considering another set for the main beam as they look a bit yellow in comparison now.

MOT next week so will see if they pickup on them.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I've ordered somecheap ones from eBay for the main beams on the merc, which look exactly the same as the jamiewins, will be interesting to see if they work as well, if not I'll just keep them as spares.
Cheers, Harry
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Just noticed the Jamiewins leds are currently 30% off on amazon which makes them much more reasonable to have a go with. Various fitments available

Deal: JAMIEWIN 12000LM H1 Led Headlight Bulbs Kit ZES Chip 6000K Canbus Car Fog Light Bulb Replacement - 2 Pack

Still working brilliantly in the main beam of my mito.

Not yet tried the eBay lookalikes I bought ages ago as the light clips I ordered For the merc never arrived and I haven’t bothered trying to source any more. Should make an effort now it’s cold and dark all the time.
Cheers, Harry
scotta

Post by scotta »

integrale_evo wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:37 pm Just noticed the Jamiewins leds are currently 30% off on amazon which makes them much more reasonable to have a go with. Various fitments available

Deal: JAMIEWIN 12000LM H1 Led Headlight Bulbs Kit ZES Chip 6000K Canbus Car Fog Light Bulb Replacement - 2 Pack

Still working brilliantly in the main beam of my mito.

Not yet tried the eBay lookalikes I bought ages ago as the light clips I ordered For the merc never arrived and I haven’t bothered trying to source any more. Should make an effort now it’s cold and dark all the time.
I bought another set for the main beam a couple of weeks ago. Very imprssed with them although i had to modify the heatsheild slightly to get them to fit. Plus i had to code the lights to LED in Bimmercode to stop them pinging dash warnings up.