NotoriousREV

Suzuki Jimny

Post by NotoriousREV »

Middle-aged Dirtbag
mik

Re: Suzuki Jimny

Post by mik »

If that is true... then FFS. :?

I didn’t realise the auto was only a 4-speed though - is it 1980 again?
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Future classic and good investment then 😁
Marv

Post by Marv »

Bugger. Hopefully they'll find a way around it.
Oui, je suis un motard.
mik

Post by mik »

Marv wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:53 am Bugger. Hopefully they'll find a way around it.
You think it’s a Jimmy Riddle?
scotta

Post by scotta »

Seems madness on a new car.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

The fleet average is now 95g/km!? Had no idea it was that low.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Erm surely shame on Suzuki for not getting their shit in order. Anyone else surprised that their average emissions are pretty high considering they sell pretty mediocre compact cars and small 4x4s with wheezy engines?
How about not having a sig at all?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Mito Man wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:20 am Erm surely shame on Suzuki for not getting their shit in order. Anyone else surprised that their average emissions are pretty high considering they sell pretty mediocre compact cars and small 4x4s with wheezy engines?
Very much this! Do they even make anything with a decent engine?
Cheers, Harry
mik

Post by mik »

Matty wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:19 am The fleet average is now 95g/km!? Had no idea it was that low.
Me neither. Info HERE.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

integrale_evo wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:24 am
Mito Man wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:20 am Erm surely shame on Suzuki for not getting their shit in order. Anyone else surprised that their average emissions are pretty high considering they sell pretty mediocre compact cars and small 4x4s with wheezy engines?
Very much this! Do they even make anything with a decent engine?
I had a look myself but the website has no engine information. The swift sport only says it has a 1.4 - no further details :lol:
Terrible.
simon_g

Post by simon_g »

Expect much more of this - anything cheap and higher CO2 (when the manufacturer doesn't have enough under 95 to offset) will go because they can't jack up the price enough to cover the fine for selling it.

Not sure Suzuki will care much, the Jimny sells well all around the world and I wonder how strong demand would be in the UK past that novelty period. Surely everyone who wanted one would have ordered it already.

There's about a dozen a day that go through the japanese auctions, albeit in 660cc kei-car spec. Easy enough to import, IVA and register. I imagine that engine isn't great for CO2 either, although you'd just have flat £260/year tax here.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Meh, as of next week we can set our own emmision laws, maybe that's what people voted out for...
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I think it has a stupidly long waiting list here so many people may not get them in time. Although it’s more because Suzuki aren’t bringing many into the UK rather than 100,000 people signing up for them.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Mito Man wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:58 am I think it has a stupidly long waiting list here so many people may not get them in time. Although it’s more because Suzuki aren’t bringing many into the UK rather than 100,000 people signing up for them.
I’ve only seen 2 on the road, both in the last week. Nowhere near as good in the metal as the launch pictures.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

They will continue to sell it as a commercial vehicle, with no rear seats. Expect rear seats to be an easy retro-fit accessory...Sounds like they may also be considering buying engines in from others to be able to bring it back to EU markets.
mik

Post by mik »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:37 pm They will continue to sell it as a commercial vehicle, with no rear seats. Expect rear seats to be an easy retro-fit accessory...Sounds like they may also be considering buying engines in from others to be able to bring it back to EU markets.
They should just sell it without an engine for £much-cheapness with zero emissions. It will be completely coincidental that an LS3 crate engine will pop straight in.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

mik wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:23 pm
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:37 pm They will continue to sell it as a commercial vehicle, with no rear seats. Expect rear seats to be an easy retro-fit accessory...Sounds like they may also be considering buying engines in from others to be able to bring it back to EU markets.
They should just sell it without an engine for £much-cheapness with zero emissions. It will be completely coincidental that an LS3 crate engine will pop straight in.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
GG.

Post by GG. »

:lol:

Maybe its all just secret code and if you tick the option box for the "Steve Dulcich" dealer fit pack they'll put the V8 in it for you.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

The "Dullcheck" box on the form?
Middle-aged Dirtbag