MikeHunt

Re: Toyota GR Yaris

Post by MikeHunt »

Only another 12 months to wait :cry:
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

MikeHunt wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:21 pm Only another 12 months to wait :cry:
Join the GR Yaris Facebook group. Main dealers keep offering cancelled orders with 3/4 month lead times

Found someone I know a track pack car for July delivery.
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

I saw one at the petrol station the other day.

It's a bit... Bulbous. Its like they blew into the exhaust pipe until it nearly popped.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I look forward to the mid-engined supercharged V6 special version. Or are Toyota not going the full hog of the Group B specials?

Thought the Evo video was spectacularly boring. They presumably delayed releasing it until the GR was no longer constantly featured on every new car-related Youtube channel but that just made it even less compelling to watch.
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

Nathan wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:11 pm
MikeHunt wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:21 pm Only another 12 months to wait :cry:
Join the GR Yaris Facebook group. Main dealers keep offering cancelled orders with 3/4 month lead times

Found someone I know a track pack car for July delivery.
Worth a try, thanks.
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

Update on this, my car has arrived early into uk and 'could' be available this month. I say could as the dealership really is poor, they are setup for selling hybrids to OAPs and the GR seems like a bit of an inconvenience to them.

Im currently 50/50 on what to do, I have 2 as my wife calls them 'stupid cars' (MX5 and a Z4). While I am in the fortunate position to run these alongside the Yaris, Im finding it difficult to justify as it already feels like the zoom meeting new normal means Im wasting my cars (MX5 has done 1500 miles since Oct 20 & Z4 3000 since June 21).

Financially, the car is on a 0% apr deal with a low deposit and will probably sell for £2000 - £4000 more than I am paying Toyota. However, the only reason Ive managed to resist upgrading the M40i is due to the only (warranty friendly) choice being the incredibly expensive ac schnitzer route. I doubt I will have the will power to keep the GR standard for long.

I also imagine I will spend half my life explaining that 'its not really a Yaris'. :lol:
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Given the crazy second hand market it's a nice opportunity to move on one of the others and try a fun and safe winter hack for a few months ;)
Last edited by Carlos on Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

MikeHunt wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:26 pm Update on this, my car has arrived early into uk and 'could' be available this month. I say could as the dealership really is poor, they are setup for selling hybrids to OAPs and the GR seems like a bit of an inconvenience to them.

Im currently 50/50 on what to do, I have 2 as my wife calls them 'stupid cars' (MX5 and a Z4). While I am in the fortunate position to run these alongside the Yaris, Im finding it difficult to justify as it already feels like the zoom meeting new normal means Im wasting my cars (MX5 has done 1500 miles since Oct 20 & Z4 3000 since June 21).

Financially, the car is on a 0% apr deal with a low deposit and will probably sell for £2000 - £4000 more than I am paying Toyota. However, the only reason Ive managed to resist upgrading the M40i is due to the only (warranty friendly) choice being the incredibly expensive ac schnitzer route. I doubt I will have the will power to keep the GR standard for long.

I also imagine I will spend half my life explaining that 'its not really a Yaris'. :lol:
Don’t forget on collection day to start a ‘FECPOTY 2022’ thread and declare yourself winner. :D

What colour did you go for?
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

Carlos wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:51 pm Given the crazy second hand market it's a nice opportunity to move on one of the others and try a fun and safe winter hack for a few months ;)
Problem is, the car that I want to sell is which ever one I haven't driven last. :D
Coaster1 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:10 pm Don’t forget on collection day to start a ‘FECPOTY 2022’ thread and declare yourself winner. :D

What colour did you go for?
Ive been lurking too long and not contributing to qualify for fecpoty.
Its a black circuit pack.
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Brother got his a cpl of months back, also black/circuit. Got to say it was pretty underwhelming, so I'd cash in personally.
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

I’ve been offered £2000 for the slot, definitely tips the 50/50 to 60/40.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

IMHO (and I don’t know your cars so feel free to correct me) but the Z4 and MX5 do similar jobs so the GR Yaris will scratch a different itch. Also I feel you’ll be able to re sell a nearly new one for greater than list price after you buy it.
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

MikeHunt wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:09 am I am more worried that an evo version is released, that would be even more tempting!
Looks like there will be something in the pipeline.
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new- ... -next-week?
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

Explosive Newt wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:30 am IMHO (and I don’t know your cars so feel free to correct me) but the Z4 and MX5 do similar jobs so the GR Yaris will scratch a different itch. Also I feel you’ll be able to re sell a nearly new one for greater than list price after you buy it.
Ive spoken to Collecting cars, who seem confident.

Good question on the cars, they are very different considering that they are both rwd 2 seater roadsters.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

I love the GR, and think it's way more exotic and interesting than your other two, sounds like a good spec too. Go for it I say!
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

duncs500 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:53 pm I love the GR
I’ve gone off them now :? :| Would rather have an Emira or Alpine A110 (yes apples and oranges and extra £££ etc)

Wouldn’t mind having a go in one though!
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Coaster1 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:07 am
duncs500 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:53 pm I love the GR
I’ve gone off them now :? :| Would rather have an Emira or Alpine A110 (yes apples and oranges and extra £££ etc)

Wouldn’t mind having a go in one though!
I'd have one over an Alpine I think, and I suspect you'd need a lot more apples/oranges/Revels/mock diamonds for an Emira!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

It was a bit of genius marketing by Toyota, seemed like every influenza was raving about them for a few weeks, then nothing, and now everyone’s a bit meh about it.
How about not having a sig at all?
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Mito Man wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:08 am It was a bit of genius marketing by Toyota, seemed like every influenza was raving about them for a few weeks, then nothing, and now everyone’s a bit meh about it.
prices are still firm and waiting lists are long - just because influensers need the newest thing to get hits isn't really a reflection on the car.