Toyota GR Yaris

tim

Re: Toyota GR Yaris

Post by tim »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:13 am ...The reference to 'instructions of his lawyers' is interesting, because lawyers take instructions from their clients, they don't give them :lol:
He said "the instruction of his lawyers", not instructions. Sheesh aren't you legal folks suppoed to be big on detail?!

p.s. not defending JWW who I think is a bit of a lifestyle bell.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

tim wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:22 pm
Jobbo wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:13 am ...The reference to 'instructions of his lawyers' is interesting, because lawyers take instructions from their clients, they don't give them :lol:
He said "the instruction of his lawyers", not instructions. Sheesh aren't you legal folks suppoed to be big on detail?!

p.s. not defending JWW who I think is a bit of a lifestyle bell.
How much are you paying me for these posts? When you settle the invoice, then you can complain ;)
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:02 pm How much are you paying me for these posts? When you settle the invoice, then you can complain ;)
Im sure he agreed to £25k per post plus a % of his future grandchildren's earnings.
mik

Post by mik »

That’s a baseless allegation. :cry:

OK Tim’s personal assistant may have asked for £24,999, but clearly that is neither Tim himself, nor £25k, and anyway
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

MikeHunt wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:11 pm
Jobbo wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:02 pm How much are you paying me for these posts? When you settle the invoice, then you can complain ;)
Im sure he agreed to £25k per post plus a % of his future grandchildren's earnings.
I'm just hoping he's deleted the recording.
GG.

Post by GG. »

I hadn't been following this thread until just now. I also only watched the first 3 minutes of the podcast but I think the relevant point no-one has so far mentioned is that what seems to have pissed Litchfield off is (if true) it was a double deal from the influencer (or his agent) and not an initial approach.

They were already talking to him about fitting the suspension, they then called to say when shall we do it and then he asked for these terms on top. Then again that could all be tittle tattle and he may have said something to the effect of 'we'll discuss terms' later, Litchfield thought it was a discount on the cost of the items/fitting, but the influencer wanted much more than that.

I wouldn't be even remotely surprised that the relevant individual suggested an extortionate payment but equally I think its a lot of confected outrage and CH clearly isn't averse to whipping things up.

No-one really comes out of it looking very clever. It's also not much of a slam dunk to say you've recorded a phone call as it is potentially illegal to release it to third parties without the other party's consent unless it falls under the public interest exemption.
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Don't understand the legal angle if there isn't an NDA in place? If Litch/CH didn't name anyone.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

mr_jon wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:32 pm Don't understand the legal angle if there isn't an NDA in place? If Litch/CH didn't name anyone.
GG is only talking about the phone call, but it’s irrelevant - it’s not been released but if JWW gets defamatory it’s excellent evidence in court.

Even if JWW had been named rather than admitting it, that wouldn’t be illegal; there won’t have been an NDA.
mik

Post by mik »

Not sure that looks any better than Oem :shock:

Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Not feeling it but that might change.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Might have looked ok on a white car but on that it just looks a bit shit
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Heavier and uglier = teh stoopidz.
How about not having a sig at all?
Pete_

Post by Pete_ »

The wheels look far too big for the car.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

If it was an original set of wheels in the original size it would have looked better. Still shit, but those look like bad replicas too.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Are these the most over hyped car in recent years? Seem to be to me with the masses of them being churned out a decent buy in a few years.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:39 pm If it was an original set of wheels in the original size it would have looked better. Still shit, but those look like bad replicas too.
JIC.

The original GR4 wheels look great. What were they hoping to achieve be changing them?
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Beany

Post by Beany »

Broccers wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:01 pm Are these the most over hyped car in recent years? Seem to be to me with the masses of them being churned out a decent buy in a few years.
In what way is a 1200kg 260hp 4wd (genuinely,) small hatch over hyped?

I mean, it's pretty much hypes itself.

Or are you just being contrary for the sake of being contrary?
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

1280kg, 258bhp.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

I honestly dont get it. Why are so many being uprated so soon? I dont even think it looks great or sounds brilliant and yes I've watched a few vids.

And for 40 grand as said earlier in the thread you can get better options. However if these are all on finance it makes them a cheap buy v something used.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Broccers wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:03 pm I honestly dont get it. Why are so many being uprated so soon?
if you're referring to the YouTuber owned ones read the thread, we've discussed it in some detail.