Toyota GR Yaris

Simon

Re: Toyota GR Yaris

Post by Simon »

When r u booking the wheels in to be Harry'd?
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:43 am Red Circuit Pack is the right spec, IMO. Don't paint the wheels bronze/gold like Harry though.
See above, just in case Simon tempts you.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

mik wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:03 pm “run it in” or “punish it from new”
Same thing isn’t it? :lol:
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

Running in is pretty easy to stick to, don't accelerate hard for 600 miles but fine to rev to the red line.

One of the last company cars I had was a Saab 93 ttdi, my business partner picked one up at the same time. He ran his in as recommended, I disabled traction and did a mini burnout outside the garage. Mine was noticeably quicker but probably had issues later in its life.

What was harry thinking, he generally has very good taste.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

I like the bronze wheels :?
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Matty wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:23 pm I like the bronze wheels :?
They clash terribly with the red, though. Might be better with white or black but even then, there is lots of black detailing and the grey wheels tone nicely overall.
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

I’m probably one of the few that didn’t like gold wheels on the impreza sti.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Perhaps unsurprisingly, I agree about the STI. They worked ok the mk1 Impreza STI imports (with black mica paint, anyway) but the bugeye onwards were much nicer with grey alloys.
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

MikeHunt wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:59 pm I picked the car up as a "dirty handover" and booked in for a polish and ceramic coating. The car almost looks a different colour now and for the sake of £400 it will be super easy to clean for the next few years.

As much as I love black cars, they are only clean for 10 minutes and I do think that the red has the edge on the black and white cars.
That looks so good!

Very appealing little things

Had a lovely chat with an older gentleman at the local tip a few months ago

He had one in black and loved it

Said it made him feel young again and he often laughed out loud when driving it as he was having so much fun
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

I thought I preferred the red but I saw this looking very correct in Florence yesterday.

Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Can’t really go wrong with a black car but the red shows off the swollen shape better.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

And won’t look permanently dirty
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

It looks correct in black because it isn't distracting you from Florence. I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult to find a situation where a red one would better suit.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

I think you’d get away with parking a red one in the Piazza del Duomo and it wouldn’t distract.

MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

Im still not 100% convinced that keeping the mx5 and selling the GR was the right move, hopefully this article will make me feel a little better. Also good to see the intercooler getting more hands on deck.

scotta

Post by scotta »

MikeHunt wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:29 pm Im still not 100% convinced that keeping the mx5 and selling the GR was the right move, hopefully this article will make me feel a little better. Also good to see the intercooler getting more hands on deck.

Does this mean that EVO is now dead on its arse?
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Has anyone got a subscription to The Intercooler? I enjoyed the podcast and short form Instagram articles for a while then it became a big advert for their website and I mostly stopped listening. I've never subscribed to the website but the writers are appealing. But I don't really get on with The Road Rat despite the writers for that being appealing.
mik

Post by mik »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:53 am Has anyone got a subscription to The Intercooler?
Nope. I signed up for the 1 month free period, but I just wasn't reading enough content to justify (to myself) a subscription.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Broccers wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:01 pm Are these the most over hyped car in recent years? Seem to be to me with the masses of them being churned out a decent buy in a few years.
Broccers wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:03 pm I honestly dont get it. Why are so many being uprated so soon? I dont even think it looks great or sounds brilliant and yes I've watched a few vids.

And for 40 grand as said earlier in the thread you can get better options. However if these are all on finance it makes them a cheap buy v something used.

Copy

https://www.gr-zoo.com/threads/overrate ... aris.3390/
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Cheers, I was wondering what he'd written and not a subscriber. Nice of someone to post the link to his original review of it too (where, to be fair, he does say it's not ultra-rapid and a bit quiet, so he's consistent there, but he also said the seats were supportive (vs now saying there's no side support) and the pedals well positioned (vs being sat too high for the pedals, which I know is not an exact contradiction).

I'd still love to have a go in one, but would like a GR86 more, I think.
Left over crest; tightens.