Toyota GR Yaris

Broccers

Re: Toyota GR Yaris

Post by Broccers »

Rich B wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:52 am
Mito Man wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:08 am It was a bit of genius marketing by Toyota, seemed like every influenza was raving about them for a few weeks, then nothing, and now everyone’s a bit meh about it.
prices are still firm and waiting lists are long - just because influensers need the newest thing to get hits isn't really a reflection on the car.
The folk I follow in insta like andyb and others who arent influencers, rarely post anything about them using theirs. Can't be that good if you've stuff with more oomf.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Mito Man wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:08 am It was a bit of genius marketing by Toyota, seemed like every influenza was raving about them for a few weeks, then nothing, and now everyone’s a bit meh about it.
prices are still firm and waiting lists are long - just because influensers need the newest thing to get hits isn't really a reflection on the car.
Any car which isn’t utterly crap right now has firm prices and long waiting lists…
How about not having a sig at all?
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Mito Man wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:06 am
Any car which isn’t utterly crap right now has firm prices and long waiting lists…
fair point!
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

Ive been very close to buying a 4c and an Alpine on multiple occasions and really love that kind of car. If the Emira is priced around 55/60 then I think it would be great value compared to the Alpine. I know of an A45s running close to 600bhp and an Emira at that level would be epic imho. Im also keen to see what an electric Alpine looks like.

I remember being stuck in 12 months ago watching online car videos and maybe I was influenced as Mito Man says, when someone like Harry who's has a pick of cars is raving about a hot hatch its difficult to ignore.

In the back of my mind, I very quickly got bored of the Golf R and offloaded it to my missus (sensible family estate). The other factor is the interior, you do sit very high in the GR, it reminds me of a Clio 182 and the Japanese do have a knack of making their dashboards very 1990s. The other downsides are that you can't spec a circuit pack with the convenience pack extras such as jbl stereo and heads up display.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Broccers wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:55 am
The folk I follow in insta like andyb and others who arent influencers, rarely post anything about them using theirs. Can't be that good if you've stuff with more oomf.
A couple of people I follow on Twitter both sold theirs - the one said he sold it purely because it's just too capable and getting anywhere near its limits was at silly speeds. Said he preferred his Up GTi.

That said, plenty other do enjoy them. They look absolutely FG, followed one the other day and they just look the bollocks on the road.
MikeHunt wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:57 pm Ive been very close to buying a 4c and an Alpine on multiple occasions and really love that kind of car.
4C definately needs to be driven first, I totally get why many don't like them. The Alpine I suspect is a much better car, but I really don't care for the looks at all, it's just an odd looking thing IMO.

Don't rule out the Evora. It's one of the best things I've ever driven.
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

Matty wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:21 pm A couple of people I follow on Twitter both sold theirs - the one said he sold it purely because it's just too capable and getting anywhere near its limits was at silly speeds. Said he preferred his Up GTi.

That said, plenty other do enjoy them. They look absolutely FG, followed one the other day and they just look the bollocks on the road.
The same applies to the Z4 in some respects, your having fun it at 40/50 ph more than the MX5.

I had a short blast alongside a GR yesterday, it looked great in black with a WRC number plate. My mx5 was quicker, but maybe because he was running it in and keeping the revs down.
Matty wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:21 pmDon't rule out the Evora. It's one of the best things I've ever driven.
On paper, they are very similar dimensions, weights etc. If the Emira is an Evora with a posh dashboard, that won't be a bad thing.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Broccers wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:55 am
If you take Harry M as an example, people are just using like you would any other Toyota so it maybe struggles to get attention beside the F1 GTR :lol:
An absolute unit
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Yep, there’s only so long they can go on about how good they are, but the fact they still have them despite having access to plenty of exotica and residuals still being stupidly strong speaks more than continuous pointless videos tbh.
Cheers, Harry
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

Car has arrived at the dealership, if any 2nd thoughts are due Im sure it will be today :D
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

8-)
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

I was passing and it does look good. 8-)
Image[*]
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Beany would like his potato returned to him ASAP.
How about not having a sig at all?
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

Mito Man wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:54 pm Beany would like his potato returned to him ASAP.
Whooshed? :lol:
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

£55k for a Yaris, limited numbers sold in Japan via a lottery, seems like a bargain compared to a Megan trophy.
https://toyotagazooracing.com/pressrele ... 2/0114-02/
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Ooh, it's another Awful Spoiler Moment!

Last edited by Jobbo on Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

MikeHunt wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:10 pm
Mito Man wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:54 pm Beany would like his potato returned to him ASAP.
Whooshed? :lol:
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... o%20Camera

Surely you are going to have it now you've seen it?
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

MikeHunt wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:07 am £55k for a Yaris, limited numbers sold in Japan via a lottery, seems like a bargain compared to a Megan trophy.
Still need to go to litchfield for more power though, engine remains the same
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

jamcg wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:51 am
MikeHunt wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:07 am £55k for a Yaris, limited numbers sold in Japan via a lottery, seems like a bargain compared to a Megan trophy.
Still need to go to litchfield for more power though, engine remains the same
Need, great minds :lol:
mik

Post by mik »

I’ve have to admit I’ve lost track - are you taking it or spinning it off? :?
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:46 am Ooh, it's another Awful Spoiler Moment!

Or someone's left a desk fan on the top of it by mistake?
Cheers,

Mike.