2020 plans for your cars

speedingfine

2020 plans for your cars

Post by speedingfine »

Caterham -
Gearbox rebuild (2nd to 3rd crunching on fast gearchanges) then possibly a trip to N24.

Mercedes -
Service, perhaps finally change the rusty front wing and rear quarter panel that's letting it down a bit.

Hopefully your plans are a bit more interesting than mine ;)
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Re: 2020 plans for your cars

Post by 240PP »

Audi: keep
Boxster: possibly sell.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

MOT MOT and MOT. Should be a year of much cheapness.
How about not having a sig at all?
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Mercedes is taking a while to start in the cold weather, have to look at a hideously expensive new battery.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

ML500 - Just servicing, its over 120,000 miles now but still going nicely. Fingers crossed my fix of the small power steering leak is still ok, I didn't have time to test it before leaving. When it needs new tyres i'll get the wheels re-furbished and a Royal Steering Wheel job done on the wheel. It needs a bluetooth connection aswell.

Defender - It needs a new subwoofer, I blew it being super cool. Plus it needs new side lockers and I am still hunting for reasonably priced new doors. No big jobs planned.

Audi TT - The hatch trim needs removing and new caerpet fitting. I want a bluetooth connection also for the standard stereo as we use amazon music a lot now. It has a slight exhaust leak after I smacked it on a rough gravel farm track when in Wales the other week, I will also change the rear Lambda sensor at the same time as I don't think this is working quite right.

500e - It's waitinmg for a slot at Mr Flews to rip everything off the underneath and make it sparkly powdercoaty clean from front to back. Plus the viscous fan will be removed for a modern set up and I may look at fitting a bluetooth widget to the old Becker radio also.

Annoyingly, my most up to date and best sounding stereo is in the Defender :lol:

Dave!
Marv

Post by Marv »

968 - gearbox has started making a very slight whining noise, may try some different gearbox oil...iirc there's a particular brand which is good for getting rid of noises? Anyway, otherwise the 968 is all good.

M3 - needs a rear ball joint replacing, so will have tyres and geo done at the same time. Have got a list of jobs to do from is inspection 2 earlier in the year. Nothing major and will tackle most of it myself.

Golf - needs a cambelt change and new front wings.
Oui, je suis un motard.
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Fit the sti intercooler and water spray kit, plus a pro drive sport cat to the Subaru. Get it mapped in (should get it to 350bhp) and hope it don’t explode. Have fun in it over the summer.

The l200 needs a transmission cooler fitting so I’ll get that done in the service next year, it won’t be important until we go to France next year so not a big priority.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

The idea is to do absolutely nothing to my car for a couple of years (obviously). The F31 has just been serviced, is in for bodywork and has just passed its mot, so hopefully nothing for that either.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Hoping to get a job offer next week - comes with a company car, but (I suspect) also a pay cut, so both might be on the market.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Marv wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:59 pm 968 - gearbox has started making a very slight whining noise, may try some different gearbox oil...iirc there's a particular brand which is good for getting rid of noises? Anyway, otherwise the 968 is all good.
Castrol Syntrax or Royal Purple were always the go-to’s for Imprezas.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Volvo - Uprated Rods and Pistons, Hybrid Turbo, DO88 hard boost pipe set, R Calipers and Disks to fit up front and R front and rear anti roll bars then I'll finally leave it alone. For at least 6 months.

Peugeot - Staying as winter/shopping car as its reliable and good on fuel. Wheels will be refurbed at some point as they're diamond cut and starting to bubble, will get the painted silver and inners black as diamond cut wheels aren't practical on a normal, daily car IMO.

Purchasing a Mini Countryman S JCW (R60?) for the wife as she misses the Mini and it's big enough for all of us and a potential new arrival at some point in the future.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I’m currently trying to decide between keeping the 911 and adding something even older but stoopid alongside it, or buy a newer stoopid but daily-able thing. All dependant on getting a job in the new year.

MrsREV wants to swap her 4er vert for either a Pug 5008 or Shitroen DS7.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Barry

Post by Barry »

Ioniq EV arriving Feb/March (no firm del date so far)
Civic - Still undecided on keep or sell but;

Considerations flit between sell Civic and buy one of the following:

Boxster
MX5
Dull, cheap but practical estate do--it-all
Converted van/camper
Yamaha Tenere700

No rush on any of this so I'm happy just toying with ideas to while the winter months away.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

NotoriousREV wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:16 pm
Sounds like it's time to trade her in not the car :lol:
Cheers, Harry
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

No actual plans, but would be nice to get one of the interesting cars on the road next year 8-)
Cheers, Harry
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

m140i - Probably get it through 70k and plenty of tyres. Looking forward to enjoying it some more!!

S60 T4 - Goes back in Feb. The wife rather handily scraped it in a car park so we'll have that to fix but otherwise it's been thoroughly dependable (and boring as fuck to drive).

MK1 MX5 - Will undoubtedly be in storage for another year. I'll get around to making it roadworthy again some year in the future 😂

???? - Something as yet TBC for Mrs McSwede. Not sure whether to buy a cheap run around or to lease something again.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

NotoriousREV wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:14 pm
Marv wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:59 pm 968 - gearbox has started making a very slight whining noise, may try some different gearbox oil...iirc there's a particular brand which is good for getting rid of noises? Anyway, otherwise the 968 is all good.
Castrol Syntrax or Royal Purple were always the go-to’s for Imprezas.
Mine had a bit of a whine and the guy I sold it to was going to try Royal Purple, I'd never heard of it before.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Really, just finally get around to all the little jobs like the suspected thermostat issue, clean the roof properly, etc.

May try to get under the car and replace some bushings and mounts here and there - there's a little slack in the drive train which I think is probably one of the diff locating bushes, but it's not really clunking or anything.

I might do something about the exhaust (louder) and intake (louder) but they're really just little annoyances, nothing really required.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

NotoriousREV wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:16 pm I’m currently trying to decide between keeping the 911 and adding something even older but stoopid alongside it, or buy a newer stoopid but daily-able thing. All dependant on getting a job in the new year.

Has she gone insane?
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

The BMW is off the road again. I took it through to my mate’s workshop to do suspension work a month ago and it’s been on stands there since :lol:.

If I find a 4x4 I like I might keep it off the road and do something fun with it.

Other than that it’s the usual thoughts that I’ll never get round to. But something old and American and buy a bike.

I said I was going to buy a bike when we moved to a place where I could securely store it, which we did 4 months ago :lol:.

Should really get my big toolbox out of storage so I can work on stuff at home.
An absolute unit