New old car

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Re: New old car

Post by Rich B »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:33 am
Jimmy Choo wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:35 pm
Mike1215 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:31 pm Some old Saab barge?
We have a winner!

X reg 9-3 Aero hatchback. I'm driving it at the moment. The brakes are utterly shocking, the handling is definitely woolly but it's much, much more comfortable than the Mini and it's got Turbot.

It's also blue.
Page 1.
is the camera in your phone not working?
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Rich B wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:44 am
Jimmy Choo wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:33 am
Jimmy Choo wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:35 pm

We have a winner!

X reg 9-3 Aero hatchback. I'm driving it at the moment. The brakes are utterly shocking, the handling is definitely woolly but it's much, much more comfortable than the Mini and it's got Turbot.

It's also blue.
Page 1.
is the camera in your phone not working?
No
Banal Vapid Platitudes
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

drcarlos wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:41 am
16vCento wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:35 am X reg is old 900 shape but face lifted so no DEE Specs Mike :lol:

Aero bumpers make these look pretty cool, make sure you go see Karl (noobtune) in Long Eaton with it, best 80 quid you will ever spend!
DEE was 9-5 anyway. I had my 9-3 Aero noobed, certainly made a hell of a difference and cheap as chips too (shame he couldn't have done the V6 too). A very different experience to the Scoob but then again the Saab tuning path was stages which can be trailled and flash mapped easily where Scoob is so mix and match that a like RR map is the only way.
9-3 Aero hatch with 6 spoke wheels still look nice today in my eyes and are certainly a fun prospect for ownership, very comfortable too.
My 9-5 was a bit of an animal after it was noobed, far too much power for the chassis to handle, great fun though.

I still want another Saab at some point, I loved mine, it did blow up 3 months after I sold it though after the guy put a bigger turbo on it and didn't fit uprated pistons or rods like I told him it would need to go any further :roll:
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

16vCento wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:42 am
16vCento wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:35 am X reg is old 900 shape but face lifted so no DEE Specs Mike :lol:

Aero bumpers make these look pretty cool, make sure you go see Karl (noobtune) in Long Eaton with it, best 80 quid you will ever spend!
DEE was 9-5 anyway. I had my 9-3 Aero noobed, certainly made a hell of a difference and cheap as chips too (shame he couldn't have done the V6 too). A very different experience to the Scoob but then again the Saab tuning path was stages which can be trailled and flash mapped easily where Scoob is so mix and match that a like RR map is the only way.
9-3 Aero hatch with 6 spoke wheels still look nice today in my eyes and are certainly a fun prospect for ownership, very comfortable too.
My 9-5 was a bit of an animal after it was noobed, far too much power for the chassis to handle, great fun though.

I still want another Saab at some point, I loved mine, it did blow up 3 months after I sold it though after the guy put a bigger turbo on it and didn't fit uprated pistons or rods like I told him it would need to go any further :roll:
The standard 200ish bhp is too much for the chassis! It's very comfortable, though.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

I was pretty set on getting a Turbo-X 9-3 at some point, but having the Subaru and the L200 I'm not sure i'll do it now. The Subaru has loads more potential for tuning and power and with a Rod/Piston swap it's pretty easy to make 400bhp out of the 2.5 in my Hawk, plus it does just handle so much better than the 9-3. Now it's a 2nd car I can tune it without worry about things like motorway manners or it being a bit wild for a daily.
I will always look back on my Saab time with fondness mainly becuase it involved both cars being wild punts (one even bought in true Hoovie and MCM style, being purchased sight unseen and the cheapest one for sale) and both being decent cars that were better in every respect than the Fabia vRS that the first 9-3 replaced. That said the V6 Turbo engine does sound lovely so you never know.
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

I fancy another pre DE 9-5, theres a Hirsch one for £2800 on UK Saabs for sale I'm trying to resist currently which is a DE but looks in good condition.

I don't need 3 cars though and it's hardly a fun car and I won't sell the Volvo so would have to replace the Peugeot which means two sub 18 MPG cars for town driving which isn't ideal!
Beany

Post by Beany »

16vCento wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:33 pm
I don't need 3 cars though and it's hardly a fun car and I won't sell the Volvo so would have to replace the Peugeot which means two sub 18 MPG cars for town driving which isn't ideal!
Pfft, it'd be fine.

Empties wallet into BMW fuel filler

:lol:
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

drcarlos wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:19 pm

I was pretty set on getting a Turbo-X 9-3 at some point, but having the Subaru and the L200 I'm not sure i'll do it now. The Subaru has loads more potential for tuning and power and with a Rod/Piston swap it's pretty easy to make 400bhp out of the 2.5 in my Hawk, plus it does just handle so much better than the 9-3. Now it's a 2nd car I can tune it without worry about things like motorway manners or it being a bit wild for a daily.
I will always look back on my Saab time with fondness mainly becuase it involved both cars being wild punts (one even bought in true Hoovie and MCM style, being purchased sight unseen and the cheapest one for sale) and both being decent cars that were better in every respect than the Fabia vRS that the first 9-3 replaced. That said the V6 Turbo engine does sound lovely so you never know.

Get the best of both worlds with a USA spec Saab 92-x aero- scooby wrx estate with a Saab front end grafted on

teacherboy

Post by teacherboy »

jamcg wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:00 pm
Get the best of both worlds with a USA spec Saab 92-x aero- scooby wrx estate with a Saab front end grafted on

WTAF :shock: :shock: :shock:

Kill it with fire!
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

teacherboy wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:54 pm
jamcg wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:00 pm

WTAF :shock: :shock: :shock:

Kill it with fire!
I don't know, I kind of like them. Not many about though in the US as i think they were only around for a couple of years. They also got a big Saab SUV there too called th 9-7x and that was actually hideous.