UK & European Breakdown Cover

Broccers

UK & European Breakdown Cover

Post by Broccers »

Who do you use? Is it best to get single trip on the European part?

Thinking about taking a trip abroad next year, last time was in our newish ds3 so didn't cross my mind to get any cover. Our neighbours took the mini to france the other year with no bother but you never know.

Green flag seem ok - I guess its only when you need them you find out what you bought was worth while.
Mito Man

Re: UK & European Breakdown Cover

Post by Mito Man »

If you want a single I’ve heard good things about the Eurotunnel cover.
How about not having a sig at all?
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Adam.

Uk people to speak to and excellent cover and equipment.

I think I paid £85 for a years cover for me and the wife back in 2012. We have it free with the bank now so don’t use it anymore.

Dave!
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

V8Granite wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:42 pm Adam.

Dave!

ADAC? If so, I was going to suggest them because some of the chaps used them a few years back and all was good. I don't have recent experience though.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

I just used Eurotunnels own last time. Cheaper than combined UK & Eu and seemed to cover as much
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

If you have a Nationwide bank account their FlexPlus account gives you European breakdown (and other stuff, travel insurance etc) for £13 a month. If you have a balance of £2500+ the interest makes it approx £6 a month. Worth looking into. Your home may be at risk..
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

nuttinnew wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:47 pm
V8Granite wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:42 pm Adam.

Dave!

ADAC? If so, I was going to suggest them because some of the chaps used them a few years back and all was good. I don't have recent experience though.
Yep that’s the one, I think in the uk they used the AA and they had amazing coverage. When I ran out of fuel in my Merc it was all smooth and communication was excellent.

Dave!
teacherboy

Post by teacherboy »

Got mine via insurer (Swinton at the time) a couple of years ago for a £2.50 uplift on my monthly breakdown premiums just before we went all the way down to Beziers....... Saab ignition module failed when i pulled out the key a microsecond too soon as i was getting out of the car and that £2.50 got us transported to nearest Saab garage in Perpignan (after going to what purported to be a Saab garage in Beziers (turned out to be GM and they laughed at us :shock: )

Took ages though as recovery company kept phoning my insurance company to confirm that they would get paid :roll: :roll:

Best £2.50 i ever spent - well was more as i kept paying it to have the full warts and all cover for the uk as well.

In short - pays the cash as you don't wanna breakdown on the continent and not have it - will get very spendy, very quickly
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Yes I deffo need some cover. Thanks for the tips. 8-)
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

240PP wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:07 am If you have a Nationwide bank account their FlexPlus account gives you European breakdown (and other stuff, travel insurance etc) for £13 a month. If you have a balance of £2500+ the interest makes it approx £6 a month. Worth looking into. Your home may be at risk..
It includes family mobile phone insurance which in my experience has been excellent.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Yep it’s hands down the best package out there for the price. The car breakdown policy covers the account holder so you can be in any car when it breaks down and be covered - beside that you can elect to cover I think 2 cars specifically so random people driving them are also covered.
How about not having a sig at all?