Aston Martin DBX SUV Wankfest

Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Aston Martin DBX SUV Wankfest

Post by Ascender »

So, I don't absolutely hate the looks, although large parts of it do look like every single other "sporty" SUV. You can see where they've designed a bog standard SUV and then pasted on a couple of Aston features from other models to make it look like an Aston.

But who came up with the ear piss that is the pre-configured spec names?

Capri Machine (needs more actual Capri).... Mojave Minimalist....Metropolitan Spritz

https://www.astonmartin.com/en-gb/model ... _Configure

Car manufacturers, just stop please.
Cheers,

Mike.
Nathan

Re: Aston Martin DBX SUV Wankfest

Post by Nathan »

I'm waiting for its first appearance in a rap video.

Didn't take long for the Cullinan
Real-life Females
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

The Aston ducktail on the tailgate looks outstandingly shit :lol:
Cheers, Harry
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

integrale_evo wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:31 am The Aston ducktail on the tailgate looks outstandingly shit :lol:
That. The front and sides don’t look terrible but the stupid ducktail is hideous.
An absolute unit
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:08 am
integrale_evo wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:31 am The Aston ducktail on the tailgate looks outstandingly shit :lol:
That. The front and sides don’t look terrible but the stupid ducktail is hideous.
That's the perfect example of "how do we make this look different from every other similar SUV?" "Just bolt-on the ducktail."
Cheers,

Mike.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

I love the picture of the 2 dogs jumping out of the tiny badly shaped boot, no wonder they are leaping out!!

Dave!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

It would have actually been a pretty nice 4x4 if they made the spoiler a bit less erect. I like that it has its own chassis rather than being a tarted up VW which is what the entire competition consists of.
How about not having a sig at all?
GG.

Post by GG. »

The entire competition... other than the Range Rover, which it the definitive 4x4, you mean.

Can't fathom why they've grafted a Vantage arse onto it. Its the Mk 1 Cayenne issue all over again (clearly I mean only in relation to the ducktail - it isn't that ugly :lol: ).
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Yes, because if you’re looking to buy a 4x4 which has sporty handling you really want a Range Rover :roll:
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Mito Man wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:29 pm Yes, because if you’re looking to buy a 4x4 which has sporty handling you really want a Range Rover :roll:
It’s called the Range Rover SV Dynamic, or the Range Rover Sport, or the Ranger Rover Sport SVR, or the Range Rover Velar, or the Range Rover Velar SV Dynamic. Take your pick.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Orange Cola wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:56 pm
Mito Man wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:29 pm Yes, because if you’re looking to buy a 4x4 which has sporty handling you really want a Range Rover :roll:
It’s called the Range Rover SV Dynamic, or the Range Rover Sport, or the Ranger Rover Sport SVR, or the Range Rover Velar, or the Range Rover Velar SV Dynamic. Take your pick.
Aside from the Range Rover SV Dynamic none of the others you’ve listed are competitors in terms of pricing. I’m sure the full fat Dynamic handles well for a Range Rover though but still not sure what you or GG are trying to argue here.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Mito Man wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:16 pm
Orange Cola wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:56 pm
Aside from the Range Rover SV Dynamic none of the others you’ve listed are competitors in terms of pricing. I’m sure the full fat Dynamic handles well for a Range Rover though but still not sure what you or GG are trying to argue here.
Or the Range Rover SVR which held (still holds?) the NBR SUV lap record.

Regards to pricing we didn’t mention it, you did. Apply that to your original post “I like that it has its own chassis rather than being a tarted up VW which is what the entire competition consists of.” and maybe it’s you who doesn’t get your own point, none of the VW offerings are close in terms of price :lol:

If we’re going for SUV’s over £100k then the Range Rovers are well in there including the SVR’s and Dynamics which are even more again. Even VW palm those off to Audi, Lambo, Bentley etc ;)
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I’m not wasting more time on this if this is the level of your mental output right now.
Maurice

Post by Maurice »

Mito Man wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:47 pm I’m not wasting more time on this if this is the level of your mental output right now.
:lol:

I quite like it, it’s reminiscent of the Levante I think, albeit a bit more “taut”.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

:lol: