Tesla Cyberpuke

Mr Pish
Currently Driving: Model 3 Performance

Tesla Cyberpuke

Post by Mr Pish »

This has to be the ugliest vehicle I have ever seen, although the price seams decent

Lmao at the glass test

The EV quad I do want :mrgreen:

Join us, join the Teslarati!
ZedLeg

Re: Tesla Cyberpuke

Post by ZedLeg »

I’m all for EVs playing with design but that just doesn’t look very practical for a truck. The sharply sloping roofline and the enclosed bed especially.

I’d like to see how they get a 6 tonne tow rating with a unibody as well.
An absolute unit
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

It’s certainly... challenging.
Left over crest; tightens.
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

I like it 8-)
M235i
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

That has to be a piss take surely? A joke 'future' body on a chassis? No?

Well if it's not, I'm not happy that Musk has been going through my car drawings I did at infant school.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Alex_ wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:45 amI like it 8-)
Same here :mrgreen:
Simon

Post by Simon »

The most ridiculous production vehicle design I've ever seen. Utterly stupid, impractical and ugly.

Like all those other truck designers have honed the basics over the years and then Elon comes along and says 'you're doing it completely wrong!'

Honestly, I think they're joking about this. It's just so wrong.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Mr Pish
Currently Driving: Model 3 Performance

Post by Mr Pish »

someone on PH raised a good point, how will they get an angular bullet proof steel vehicle through European pedestrian impact regulations?
Join us, join the Teslarati!
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Mr Pish wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:25 am someone on PH raised a good point, how will they get an angular bullet proof steel vehicle through European pedestrian impact regulations?
Devil could be in the details ie. corner radii, deployable pedestrian bags, auto braking etc.
Or maybe they dgaf.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Certainly would seem challenging. If they can do it with this then we need to start lobbying BMW to bring back the sharknose and for pop up headlights 8-)

Can't really see how it can be done though - apparently Merc spent millions developing those little side lights that sit on top of the wings on the new G-wagen as they have to essentially collapse into the wing on impact with a pedestrian...
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

WTAF????

The glass breaking was a brilliant moment - I didn't realise what had happened so the first shot I saw was him standing in front of the thing with the broken glass behind him.

Prices v specs....

Single motor rear-wheel drive with 250 miles of range, 7,500-pound towing capacity, and 0-60 mph capabilities in under 6.5 seconds, for $39,900.

Dual motor all-wheel drive with 300 miles of range, 10,000-pound towing capacity, and 0-60 mph in under 4.5 seconds for $49,900.

Triple motor all-wheel drive with 500 miles of range, 14,000-pound towing capacity, and 0-60 mph in under 2.9 seconds for $69,900. (Though this version won’t start production until late 2022.)
Cheers,

Mike.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

It’s kinda expected, I’m sure Musk said that the design is based off the Lotus Espirit. Ugly as fuck but cool in a Delorean type of way so I don’t hate it.
How about not having a sig at all?
mik

Post by mik »

Ascender wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:39 am WTAF????

The glass breaking was a brilliant moment - I didn't realise what had happened so the first shot I saw was him standing in front of the thing with the broken glass behind him.

Prices v specs....

Single motor rear-wheel drive with 250 miles of range, 7,500-pound towing capacity, and 0-60 mph capabilities in under 6.5 seconds, for $39,900.

Dual motor all-wheel drive with 300 miles of range, 10,000-pound towing capacity, and 0-60 mph in under 4.5 seconds for $49,900.

Triple motor all-wheel drive with 500 miles of range, 14,000-pound towing capacity, and 0-60 mph in under 2.9 seconds for $69,900. (Though this version won’t start production until late 2022.)
For non mercuns
7500lbs = 3.4 tonnes
10000lbs = 4.5 tonnes
14000lbs = 6.35 tonnes

Which is impressive.

Strange to go for a design where form definitely does not follow function, yet it still looks awful.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

The more I think about it the more I realise they’ve done things the wrong thing round.

All their cars have relatively conservative designs and when they have to build something that should be function over form they go mental.

I don’t hate the design if I’m being honest but it would work better as a rival to those dumb suv coupe things.

I can’t see anyone buying one over an F-150 or a Ram.
An absolute unit
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

I get the whole futuristic v Esprit v F117A design they have going on, but it seems so compromised for its intended use? Some of their press shots make it look properly ludicrous.

On the flip side, when every car manufacturer seems intent on just cribbing designs off each other, maybe they should be praised for plowing their own furrow.

I still think it looks hilarious, like something I'd have drawn as a 12 year old, except mine would probably have jet thrusters and be able to fly.
Cheers,

Mike.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I’ll go against the grain and say that I don’t think it’s that impractical.
The bed is longer than a F150 unless you spec a short cab to get a longer bed. One criticism of pickups is that it’s very hard to make the beds secure against theft, the built in cover could address that and doesn’t eat into the bed space. The sloping bed is also interesting as you can fit substantially larger items towards the back of the bed and still keep the cover on. But the best thing about the bed by far is that fact that the wheel arches don’t protrude into it - so much more real world capacity if you’re transporting square items.

Dent proof steel panels are good, we had a storm a few months ago, my dad left a Halfords folding camping chair outside you know the ones which weigh like nothing with a folding aluminium frame; and the wind blew it into the f150, golf ball sized dent in the door :shock:
If it’s as bulletproof as they state it’ll do very well in shithole markets like Russia and SA.
mik

Post by mik »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:43 am I’ll go against the grain and say that I don’t think it’s that impractical.
The bed is longer than a F150 unless you spec a short cab to get a longer bed.
I read that 4x before I realised you meant “unless you specify a short cab on your F150 to get a longer bed”
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

As someone said before I'd be curious how they're going to get a vehicle with that level of impact protection through crash testing.

I also still think the 6 tonne tow rating is bullshit, I've never seen a unibody vehicle that can pull that sort of weight before. Although I guess the impact resistance and towing strength are probably related.

Which means it probably weighs a lot.

Lastly I hate the name and the stupid graffiti font.

I'm yet to be convinced about it :lol:
An absolute unit
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I want to know the range when it’s pulling that.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:57 am I want to know the range when it’s pulling that.
An American show did a towing test with a model X and it was around 100miles I think, so it really hurts the range.

Dave!