Tesla Cyberpuke

Mito Man

Re: Tesla Cyberpuke

Post by Mito Man »

I thought that too but it’s pretty much the same dimensions as a F-150 - 232 inches long.
How about not having a sig at all?
mik

Post by mik »

Right enough - F150 populate almost every driveway across the UK and Europe.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

mik wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:05 pm Right enough - F150 populate almost every driveway across the UK and Europe.
There fine to use for the most part in the UK. You just have to be selective about where you park. My old boss used to have one and I'd borrow it frequently on weekends and it was no bother other than city centre parking from what I remember.

Oh yes, and the McDonalds drive through 😂😂
mik

Post by mik »

Really? We had a Disco3 followed by a Disco4, and they filled mist parking spaces comprehensively. Tne footprint of a P150 is more like a RRPhantom.....
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I’m just saying that the Tesla is not as big as it looks, and a F-150 sized vehicle isn’t that bad, consider that we have long wheelbase vans going up and down every nook and cranny in the UK without problem so why would a pickup of that size be anymore difficult. You just have to park a bit further away at the supermarket.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

mik wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:20 pm Really? We had a Disco3 followed by a Disco4, and they filled mist parking spaces comprehensively. Tne footprint of a P150 is more like a RRPhantom.....
Yes. That's why I remember parking being an issue in a lot of places. Usually involved parking a little out of the way and a little extra walk. I loved driving around in it and used it at every single opportunity.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

232" = 5.9m. Std uk parking space is 4.8m long. That's some overhang.
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Fucking ridiculous. But it’s getting talked about, which is all Elon probably wants.

I don’t get the Tesla love at all. They look dull, their interiors are thin, cold and devoid of any kind of atmosphere. Then they unveil something like this, which looks to take the piss out of those who rave about them. Can’t help but think that the bosses are out at the back at the launch, absolutely doubled up with laughter.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Interesting solution for their shitty paint job issues.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

I genuinely think my 110hp Defender would get across country in half the time that would when towing. I re-watched the Model X video the other day and it was actually less than 90 mile range when towing.

Dave!
Simon

Post by Simon »

I like Rich Rebuild's take on the whole thing:

The artist formerly known as _Who_
mik

Post by mik »

I knew we had a thread dedicated to this thing.....

Some more design upset here.

Obvs the gap between this (front suspension) fixing and the tyre should remain (pretty much) constant, so it's not like it's going to puncture the tread, but:

1. It doesn't matter what size wheels/tyres you supply your vehicle on - Mercun's like to fit bigger ones. This design will prevent that.
2. It's directly in the line of fire for all of the dust/water/snow/mud/critters that will be thrown off the tyre. There is a (probably completely legitimate) concern that you'll only ever be able to cut that thing off if you ever need to separate it.

Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

I saw this from MKBHD yesterday....

Promised specs:
500+ mile range
$70,000

Delivered:
340 mile range
$100,000
Cheers,

Mike.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

The range extender looks interesting in a bad way “going on a long drive today, let me just fit this extra 200kg battery back into the boot first” :lol:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I’ve just remembered that one of my favourite features in this was the bed, genuinely clever design in terms of security and having a built in ramp - makes a pick up 100 times more practical as you no longer need a trailer for smaller things - major win for an ev. Except I just saw this on twitter.

Eh, a shitty optional ramp, what happened to the built in full width ramp?

Beds on pick ups are always awkward to use with heavy objects, especially newer bigger trucks. They’re tall so you’re lifting the object more than is ideal, then you can’t reach into the back so you need to clamber into the bed and back out all the time, on a traditional truck at least you have access from the side, but on a Cybertruck you don’t have that either. It really needed that ramp.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

That shitty narrow ramp seems to have a hinge in the middle as well. Failure point in the middle, more like.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:09 am The range extender looks interesting in a bad way “going on a long drive today, let me just fit this extra 200kg battery back into the boot first” :lol:
The battery pack that takes up a third of the space available! 😂
Cheers,

Ian
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

And surely ramps should come in a pair, but then whatever you’re loading in the bed won’t fit with the ramps stowed together…

The bed itself doesn’t seem to have a step built in like in almost every other pick up, or external foot placement gaps in the bodywork to assist you in getting in.
These things look silly but if you’re carrying a bed full off bags of cement or animal feed and jumping in and out from that height whilst holding an extra 25kg you end up needing a knee replacement very quickly.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

$6,500 for them to wrap it? :lol: