EOTR E92 M3

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Re: EOTR E92 M3

Post by Rich B »

It’s all the other bizarre things that amuse me too -

- the indicator stalk is about a mile in front of the steering wheel so I keep missing it.

- There’s a touchscreen (that faces the passenger and not the driver) above 3 1980s Plastic heater dials.

- When you turn the volume up or down (on the smallest weird shapes steering wheel buttons) it puts a massive grey bar across the screen blocking the time/temp/etc...

- It has the lightest steering ever, yet has a button to make it lighter! So much so you could probably spin the steering wheel from lock to lock letting go of it!

- my little boy was playing with the steering wheel buttons the other day whilst parked and managed to activate a speed limiter which cut all power at 16mph when I pulled out of his nursery into traffic!

It’s so hilariously bad I quite like it!
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

It still amazes me that manufacturers still make, and people still buy such sloth like spaz mobiles.

The average family saloon is quicker than a motorsport homologation special from 30 years ago, mass production comfortable four seaters can be more powerful and quicker than supercars from 20 years ago, yet bottom of the range spam chariots are no quicker than they were 40 years ago.
Cheers, Harry
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Rich B wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:40 pm It’s all the other bizarre things that amuse me too -

- the indicator stalk is about a mile in front of the steering wheel so I keep missing it.

- There’s a touchscreen (that faces the passenger and not the driver) above 3 1980s Plastic heater dials.

- When you turn the volume up or down (on the smallest weird shapes steering wheel buttons) it puts a massive grey bar across the screen blocking the time/temp/etc...

- It has the lightest steering ever, yet has a button to make it lighter! So much so you could probably spin the steering wheel from lock to lock letting go of it!

- my little boy was playing with the steering wheel buttons the other day whilst parked and managed to activate a speed limiter which cut all power at 16mph when I pulled out of his nursery into traffic!

It’s so hilariously bad I quite like it!
Oh yeah. I forgot about those heater dials! They're fecking terrible for a modern car. They feel flimsier than the ones I had on my mk1 Clio.

Oh and how come no range for fuel but lots of other useless options? It's a very stark contrast to the fiesta I had a couple of weeks ago - whilst I hated that it was only really because it stank of smoke. In every way the corsa feels decades older.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Vauxhall has been churning out shitheaps for the masses for decades. I cannot understand why the great unwashed keep buying them??? A fiesta, focus or Mondeo would be vastly superior for similar money. Cannot understand why Vauxhall exist. They are absolute turd!!
Shlergen

Post by Shlergen »

I had one a few weeks back and thought slightly differently :D Maybe because mine had a sport sticker.

Whilst there was no engine up front, it had cruise, Apple car play and massively over servoed brakes which are all great USP’s. I didn’t get the point of the city driving button button or the shocking seats but for the money you get a fair amount. No I wouldn’t take one over a fiesta or a Kia but still it was OK.
Simon

Post by Simon »

McSwede wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:17 am Vauxhall has been churning out shitheaps for the masses for decades. I cannot understand why the great unwashed keep buying them??? A fiesta, focus or Mondeo would be vastly superior for similar money. Cannot understand why Vauxhall exist. They are absolute turd!!
You say that (and I've a Mondeo on the drive as well), but I had a current Astra as a hire car in the Canaries a couple of years back and would've chosen it in a heart beat over the equivalent (then Mk3) Focus. It had a more comfortable driving position, the cabin was a much higher quality in materials, design and ergonomics and it was that much quieter inside too. Can't compare with the Mk4 Focus as I've not travelled in one but there you go. And the Astra has received a mid-life nip/tuck since then too.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Simon wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:07 pm

You say that (and I've a Mondeo on the drive as well), but I had a current Astra as a hire car in the Canaries a couple of years back and would've chosen it in a heart beat over the equivalent (then Mk3) Focus. It had a more comfortable driving position, the cabin was a much higher quality in materials, design and ergonomics and it was that much quieter inside too. Can't compare with the Mk4 Focus as I've not travelled in one but there you go. And the Astra has received a mid-life nip/tuck since then too.
+1 I drove one when that shape was launched and it had really darty steering, possibly even too quick.

It is a shame that the new Astra wasn't a success. They really made an effort with it regards weight saving.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

McSwede wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:17 am Vauxhall has been churning out shitheaps for the masses for decades. I cannot understand why the great unwashed keep buying them??? A fiesta, focus or Mondeo would be vastly superior for similar money. Cannot understand why Vauxhall exist. They are absolute turd!!
They marketed the Monaro and VXR8 over here...so they get a pass from me.
mik

Post by mik »

Amen.

Although their cooking range has been dogshit for years.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

I refuse to believe that - Vauxhall's USP for decades seems to have been that they have the absolute worst driving position and seats possible. Instruments of torture.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:51 am
I refuse to believe that - Vauxhall's USP for decades seems to have been that they have the absolute worst driving position and seats possible. Instruments of torture.
This. The mere thought of getting in a Vectra ever again gives me backache.
Left over crest; tightens.
Simon

Post by Simon »

That's fine - I understand your scepticism. I'm just reporting object and honest feedback based on a real world experience of driving all over the island over about 10 days or so. It really was a surprise. It's not a sports car or anything like that, just a decent stab at the family hatch, and IME better than the Mk3 Focus by a long way.

I'm 6'3" and long in leg so find it hard to get comfortable in a lot of cars. I hold no candle for Vauxhall either. Just saying what I found.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Maybe they had a blip and the Corsa is a return to form :lol:
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Vauxhall seats are always quite firm but I find them reasonably comfortable once you get used to them. I'm also quite tall though, maybe that has something to do with it :lol:.
An absolute unit
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

JonMad wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:59 am

This. The mere thought of getting in a Vectra ever again gives me backache.
I'm with these guys 😂

I had a new Astra for a couple of days earlier this year and as with any Vauxhall I have driven, I found it uncomfortable. Over the years when I have driven and Vauxhall or Ford it has been the Ford that was a much better drive and more comfortable.

The only Vauxhall I really liked was the Omega.
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

McSwede wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:15 am [

The only Vauxhall I really liked was the Omega.
As forum old git I feel compelled to point out that the Vauxhall 30-98 was considered a super car in its day. ;)
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

My old M3 is back on the market - for lots more than I sold it for!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2008-BMW-M3- ... 635-2958-0

Some questionable additions - steering wheel, exhaust, rear spoiler and grill badge...😬
mik

Post by mik »

That can’t be yours- it’s not Cat A, B, C, D, S or N.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

mik wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:10 pm That can’t be yours- it’s not Cat A, B, C, D, S or N.
?
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Rich B wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:17 pm
mik wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:10 pm That can’t be yours- it’s not Cat A, B, C, D, S or N.
?
It was your E46 that got hit wasn't it?
Left over crest; tightens.