I have quite strange neighbours

Mito Man

I have quite strange neighbours

Post by Mito Man »

It must have been around 2015 when I was plugging the i3 in and was approached by a couple asking how to plug their own one in (you need to get the carpark management to code your parking card to work with the charger). A few weeks later a second i3 appeared in identical spec apart from the wheels. A few months later I saw one of them driving that one so they had both bought the same car. Fair enough, there weren’t many choices for electric city cars back then.

Roll on to 2017 and I notice one day that the 2 grey i3’s have disappeared and been replaced with ...2 plug in X5’s - same spec but one had brown leather and the other black. It took a few months for me to catch one of them entering the car which confirmed it :lol:

And then yesterday, I was exiting the flat via the carpark and noticed that the 2 black X5s were gone. In their place there was 2 black plug in Cayennes. It must belong to the same couple but I haven’t visually confirmed it yet :lol:

I just find it so odd though as there’s quite a big choice of plug in cars these days if that’s what you want!
How about not having a sig at all?
_andy

Re: I have quite strange neighbours

Post by _andy »

Maybe they get a discount for buying two?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Maybe, my other thought is that perhaps out of the company cars they can have these are the best options?
_andy

Post by _andy »

You'd think they would at least have different colours
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I need to get a closer look to see if the interiors and alloys are the same.

I remember 15 years ago the couple living across from us had a black Astra Coupe and a black Astra convertible. They were pretty odd in fairness as the chap genuinely thought the Astra was the best car and they had his and hers plates both on the cars and their parking spots on the driveway also said “his” and “hers” to add to the cringe factor.