LR Evoque P300e

Re: Ferrari Roma

Post by IanF »

Cheers,

Ian
SSO

Post by SSO »

Really don't see the point of the Roma. If it had been a mid engine 21st century Dino then great but don't get how this fits into Ferrari's line up.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

It would make sense as a £120k 911 Turbo competitor but can't see Ferrari wanting to play at that level.
Pete_

Post by Pete_ »

SSO wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:05 pm Really don't see the point of the Roma. If it had been a mid engine 21st century Dino then great but don't get how this fits into Ferrari's line up.
It does seem to directly compete against the Portofino which was also pitched as being for people coming new to the brand from Aston/Bentley, albeit as a coupe rather than a folding hardtop. I think it looks a lot nicer than the Portofino though.
SSO

Post by SSO »

Pete_ wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:24 pm
SSO wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:05 pm Really don't see the point of the Roma. If it had been a mid engine 21st century Dino then great but don't get how this fits into Ferrari's line up.
It does seem to directly compete against the Portofino which was also pitched as being for people coming new to the brand from Aston/Bentley, albeit as a coupe rather than a folding hardtop. I think it looks a lot nicer than the Portofino though.
I just can't see room in the portfolio for both the Portofino and Roma. Roma is definitely the better looking of the two though.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I’m surprised to see an entirely new model because I thought annual Ferrari production was capped to circa 10000 cars to preserve exclusivity so to make a new “affordable” model goes somewhat against that.
How about not having a sig at all?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

The grille really is horrible, makes it look like a fibreglass kit car. All the official shots have it nicely hidden in shadow :lol:
Cheers, Harry
SSO

Post by SSO »

Mito Man wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:34 pm I’m surprised to see an entirely new model because I thought annual Ferrari production was capped to circa 10000 cars to preserve exclusivity so to make a new “affordable” model goes somewhat against that.
Only rationale I can see is the Portofino isn't selling well and this is an indirect replacement.