Your fleet running reports

Beany

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Beany »

Smash the shit out of the head with a cold chisel, remove seat, drill out (or whatever) the leftovers?
Shlergen

Post by Shlergen »

Tried a set of https://www.toolstation.com/irwin-bolt- ... set/p63045?

I bought a set for rear caliper bolt on the focus. Unfortunately didn't work (mainly access) for me so chucked at a garage but they do seem to get good reviews. :lol:
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Shlergen wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:44 pm Tried a set of https://www.toolstation.com/irwin-bolt- ... set/p63045?

I bought a set for rear caliper bolt on the focus. Unfortunately didn't work (mainly access) for me so chucked at a garage but they do seem to get good reviews. :lol:
One of em is too fucked for one of those now as I used a grinder not a dremel for the slot!

Brother in law does have a welder, but I already thought I was going to set the carpet/car on fire with the grinder tbh :mrgreen:
Beany

Post by Beany »

You looked to see if you can get small cut off blades for the Dremel that would fit in the space (guessing that's about an inch)?

Might take a while, but probably less damaging than welding something to it/cold chisel?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

As it looks like it’s a flange bolt/ has a washer with overhead access I think the quickest solution is to get a slightly oversized nut welded on it and whizz it out with an impact. Obviously line the area with wet rags and have a fire extinguisher nearby :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Those Irwin bolt extractors are ace, only get Irwin, the copies are rubbish.

Also as normal, try to tighten the bolt a little first.

Dave!
KevH18

Post by KevH18 »

Different topic, sorry to take over this one.

Has anyone tried to press a starlock washer on anything before? Mazda 6 has a loose driver's seat and all four of the washers on the frame of the seat have come off. Got the seat out yesterday and I can clearly see where they should be, and access to them is fine, but there's no space to apply any force to the top of them.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Broccers wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:08 pm
mik wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:26 pm Ooh cheers @Foz That’s a great deal. My rear Supersports are down to about 3mm but I’d really like to get PS4S on to match the fronts....
You should do it sooner rather than later mik, so much betterer.

@Nathan I'm hoping its a coil but will report back.
Was a coil. Diagnosed supplied, fitted to #4 cyl and ecu codes removed @ 63 plus vat. Can't grumble as they did it in a day too.
Foz

Post by Foz »

I reckon the 335d is the faster car over a twisty B road, torque and the gearbox, plus the traction is remarkable!

#progress
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Broccers wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:34 pm
mik wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:26 pm Ooh cheers @Foz That’s a great deal. My rear Supersports are down to about 3mm but I’d really like to get PS4S on to match the fronts....

Was a coil. Diagnosed supplied, fitted to #4 cyl and ecu codes removed @ 63 plus vat. Can't grumble as they did it in a day too.
You'd be best doing the rest if they're original, Bosch ones are only about 20 quid each on ECP.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

16vCento wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:00 pm
Broccers wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:34 pm

You'd be best doing the rest if they're original, Bosch ones are only about 20 quid each on ECP.
Looks pretty simple, might do the spark plugs at the same time. Seems to go better than before anyway. Cheers.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Absolutely piling the miles recently on the Up - just about to hit 20k, and due another service after only being serviced 7 months ago.

Still not sure whether to replace it with something better suited the miles (Giulia Veloce is the only thing that appeals) or buy a second car instead. I know if I buy a second car I'll never use it...but replacing the Up when it's doing 50-60mpg and costs nothing to run seems pointless just to hack to work and back, especially something like a Giulia would practically double my fuel costs.

If only LC500's were cheaper, this would be an easy decision.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Stud extractowned :(

Going to have to drill it out and retap... Not something I've done before! I'll watch some YouTube and come back to you...
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Matty wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:52 pm If only LC500's were cheaper, this would be an easy decision.
They dont seem to have depreciated at all over the last year or so :(
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

All the stuff I've done on the Cayenne has helped, and it's not chucking the EML light every time you start it now, but it's still registering the fault in the background and I'm convinced it's not quite running right. Next step is cam covers off, remove & clean the variocam solenoid valves, check the timing "fingers" for the cam sensors (these are ridiculously delicate and easily mangled if someone's not been super-careful replacing the cam covers in the past), and reset the cam timing. These are rumoured to slip sometimes. Sounds like a whole day's work.

I can only conclude I quite like the car. If I didn't I would have had a meltdown and got rid by now :)
Attachments
camfingers.jpg
camfingers.jpg (12.35 KiB) Viewed 1414 times
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

In what will be my final (and only) job on the V60, I'll be replacing the lashing eye cover that's gone missing and the Volvo grille badge which has peeled off. Aside from routine servicing, the old girl has been utterly faultless in the 3 and a bit years we've had it. Never missed a beat and I'll miss it. It's going back in a couple of week's time. It's being replaced with a brand new XC40 T3 Inscription Pro, but as that won't be arriving until mid-April it looks like I'll have to press the 928 into daily driver/nursery run duties for a few weeks! :lol:
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Carlos wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:44 am
Matty wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:52 pm If only LC500's were cheaper, this would be an easy decision.
They dont seem to have depreciated at all over the last year or so :(
They've stayed resolutely above 50k for the last 18months. I expected the 2017 models to start to fall as the warranties expired...but nope. Lexus do really, really cheap warranty extensions so guess that's not really an issue.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Sat Nav in the Zoe reported a range of 17 miles this morning, while the dash showed 150, caused my wife a bit of concern, but she drove off anyway. Turns out the dash was right. Interesting bug as you'd expect the two systems to read the same data.

There is a software update available, so I'll get that installed.

Seller is shipping a new radio out for the Galaxy. Hopefully that one will work. If not I'll two to practice soldering on!
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

DeskJockey wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:32 am Sat Nav in the Zoe reported a range of 17 miles this morning, while the dash showed 150, caused my wife a bit of concern, but she drove off anyway. Turns out the dash was right. Interesting bug as you'd expect the two systems to read the same data.
Have you ever owned a French car before? :P
NGRhodes

Post by NGRhodes »

After 16 months and 1 day of ownership (9000 miles), Mr Pretzel Wagon has generated its first proper fault.
Rear-left wheel speed sensor has failed, code/lights reappear instantly after clearing. Having had the same code come up a few times in the past, this is not a surprise.
Booked in garage tomorrow, combination of having a virus and 99% sure the bolts will be seized, means I won't be tackling this myself.