Postbot is drunk

Problems, wishes, wants, changes, etc.
Simon

Postbot is drunk

Post by Simon »

Seems to be posting multiple duplicate threads in 'Reviews' and 'News'.

Just FYI :D
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Re: Postbot is drunk

Post by Matty »

Yeah it's not the best :( It keeps getting confused, the mod creator claims it's how some feeders ammend their news which changes the list, and so the Bot just dumps all the news again.

I might take it down TBH. I have to keep deleting the duplicates!
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

I'm actually reading the feed more here than on the old site :?
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Which, I feel, goes to show how much EVO underestimated and/or wasted the forum. On a similar note - and I'll post a bit more about this once I've got more stats built - but this forum is currently getting 600 "sessions" per day (not unique). Bear in mind this site doesn't show on Google, and has nothing to draw random passers-by....

Which to me, goes against what Stuart said that the old forum only had "double digit" visitors - no idea who was feeding him the stats, but I'm guessing they just plucked it out of thin air. I don't see any reason why their figures wouldn't be 5x that.

Plus (not that I'm bitter about it) but their FB/Twitter feeds and website comments sections are hardly bustling with activity and chat. :roll:
John

Post by John »

You're doing a great job Matty and I'm sure everyone appreciates the effort you're putting in 8-)
Simon

Post by Simon »

I think part of the problem is that the old community was only linked in a tiny link at the bottom of the evo.co.uk site. They didn't exactly promote or develop it at all.

And as per the others, thanks for your continued efforts Matty.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
scotta

Post by scotta »

John wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:48 pm You're doing a great job Matty and I'm sure everyone appreciates the effort you're putting in 8-)
^^ All of that shit 8-) 8-) 8-)
mik

Post by mik »

John wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:48 pm You're doing a great job Matty and I'm sure everyone appreciates the effort you're putting in 8-)
Wot he said 8-)
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

mik wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:04 am
Wot he said 8-)
That.
How about not having a sig at all?