Disney +

Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Disney +

Post by Gavin »

I quite fancy the new Mandalorian series but there does not seem to be a date or way confirmed to get the channel in the UK as yet.

Does anyone know more as I know a lot of you chaps seem to have a great deal of tech knowledge.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Re: Disney +

Post by Matty »

Apparently there is a conflict of contracts with Disney and Sky, or something along those lines, so they can't bring Disney+ over here until it expires, which is early next year.

People are going to pirate the shit out of it....
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

They haven't announced a release date outside of the US yet. At a guess I think they'll have to negotiate with the people who have streaming rights to their content before they can.

I'm just going to pirate the stuff I want to watch TBH. Don't want to pay for another streaming service.

Or exactly what Matty said :lol:
An absolute unit
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

Ah OK, I guess I will wait and get it on DVD. I already have Sky and Netflix although I rarely watch Netflix but the kids love it. Most of the content on Disney+ seems to be stuff I already own on DVD anyway so £20 for a box set may make more sense.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

If you like your Marvel stuff, its probably worth a punt but not until a bunch of the new series start appearing. At the moment, The Mandalorian looks like the obvious standout, but I suspect most people will already own the big movies on DVD or digital already.
Cheers,

Mike.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

March apparently for the UK.
scotta

Post by scotta »

Gavin wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:42 am Ah OK, I guess I will wait and get it on DVD. I already have Sky and Netflix although I rarely watch Netflix but the kids love it. Most of the content on Disney+ seems to be stuff I already own on DVD anyway so £20 for a box set may make more sense.
Sky now do a package that includes netflix for £25 a month. I changed my package and added broadband. With the netflix account included and cheaper broadband its saved me £58.50 per month.
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

scotta wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:36 pm
Gavin wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:42 am Ah OK, I guess I will wait and get it on DVD. I already have Sky and Netflix although I rarely watch Netflix but the kids love it. Most of the content on Disney+ seems to be stuff I already own on DVD anyway so £20 for a box set may make more sense.
Sky now do a package that includes netflix for £25 a month. I changed my package and added broadband. With the netflix account included and cheaper broadband its saved me £58.50 per month.
Saved you £58.50? Bloody hell. I did spot a SkyQ advert that mentioned the Netflix inclusion but I have the old Sky F1 for a tenner deal and I suspect any "upgrade" will not save me money at all!

Might take a look though, but I would need to check if I am stuck in a contract for my current BB as I have only had it a year and a bit
scotta

Post by scotta »

Gavin wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:39 pm
Saved you £58.50? Bloody hell. I did spot a SkyQ advert that mentioned the Netflix inclusion but I have the old Sky F1 for a tenner deal and I suspect any "upgrade" will not save me money at all!

Might take a look though, but I would need to check if I am stuck in a contract for my current BB as I have only had it a year and a bit
I have admittedly lost the F1 and they want £18 a month to get it back. But i decided that as i rarely watched it that was fine.
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

scotta wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:41 pm

I have admittedly lost the F1 and they want £18 a month to get it back. But i decided that as i rarely watched it that was fine.
Had a look now online, then checked how much BB + landline are through EE. £81 all in at the moment with no calls but I never actually use the homeline ither than connection to the router.

I have an 18 month contract but EE website refuses to let me use live chat or tell me when the 18 month contract actually started. Doesn't look like Sky would make it cheaper though and I watch the F1 channel every race so not risking losing it.

Cannot believe how much my bill has crept up though, £48.50 for basic plus F1 :shock:
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

That's a rather large sum!
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Matty wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:08 am People have pirated the shit out of it....
updated.
scotta

Post by scotta »

Gavin wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:09 pm

Had a look now online, then checked how much BB + landline are through EE. £81 all in at the moment with no calls but I never actually use the homeline ither than connection to the router.

I have an 18 month contract but EE website refuses to let me use live chat or tell me when the 18 month contract actually started. Doesn't look like Sky would make it cheaper though and I watch the F1 channel every race so not risking losing it.

Cannot believe how much my bill has crept up though, £48.50 for basic plus F1 :shock:
I was £75 for sky £40 for plusnet and £15 for netflix now paying £71 for the package.
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

scotta wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:01 pm

I was £75 for sky £40 for plusnet and £15 for netflix now paying £71 for the package.
So if they offered me the same deal and I added F1 it would be £89, we only pay £6 I think for Netflix so we would be £3 worse off I think, plus when I got my fibre BB there were very few people looking after the Borders, certainly at my postcode.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Gavin wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:40 am

So if they offered me the same deal and I added F1 it would be £89, we only pay £6 I think for Netflix so we would be £3 worse off I think, plus when I got my fibre BB there were very few people looking after the Borders, certainly at my postcode.
Sky Q and UHD is worth £3! 😂
Cheers,

Ian
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

IanF wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:13 am

Possibly, the only UHD picture I have seen was too clear, it made films look like The Bill, I really wasn't all that keen. TBH I am still pissed I have to have a home phone line, sooner all that old fashioned shit is binned the better!
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Gavin wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:40 pm
IanF wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:13 am

Possibly, the only UHD picture I have seen was too clear, it made films look like The Bill, I really wasn't all that keen. TBH I am still pissed I have to have a home phone line, sooner all that old fashioned shit is binned the better!
Sounds like whatever you watched it on had all the motion smoothing bollocks etc turned on. UHD shouldn't look like a soap opera.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Mr Pish
Currently Driving: Model 3 Performance

Re: Disney

Post by Mr Pish »

NotoriousREV wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:25 am Sounds like whatever you watched it on had all the motion smoothing bollocks etc turned on. UHD shouldn't look like a soap opera.
My wallpaper LG was bloody terrible for this, PQ is awful with all the post processing it tries to do. So much better with it all tuned off. As the director intended as they say

Apple TV upscales old programs a lot better as well but I assume that’s down to the power of the CPU
Join us, join the Teslarati!
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

Looks like 31st March for subscribing in the UK. By then there will be the final Clone Wars series which looks ace and the first series of the Mandalorian and there do seem to be plenty of decent TV shows and series planned.

I just hope I can get it on my TV as I know heehaw about firebox etc.

Hopefully they will start their targeted ads based on my StarWars posts etc :)

Edit to add - Now the 24th apparently!