Bullet bitten

integrale_evo

Re: Bullet bitten

Post by integrale_evo »

You realise f1 drivers spend more time driving pretend cars on computer than real ones? 😉
Cheers, Harry
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

Zonda_ wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:31 pm Person with actual racing car buys system to simulate racing cars...
It's the off-season. Not much opportunity to drive the actual race car until March (even if it wasn't getting ripped to bits for a ground-up rebuild).
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

It's probably been mentioned already Nef, but get yourself a VR headset - not sure how good PSVR is, but there's some decent games about for it.

Totally transforms things for seated racing. Next level stuff.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

No good driving games on PSVR.
How about not having a sig at all?
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Nefarious wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:32 pm
Zonda_ wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:31 pm Person with actual racing car buys system to simulate racing cars...
It's the off-season. Not much opportunity to drive the actual race car until March (even if it wasn't getting ripped to bits for a ground-up rebuild).
I was just joshing, I'd have a setup if I had the space
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

Matty wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:29 pm It's probably been mentioned already Nef, but get yourself a VR headset - not sure how good PSVR is, but there's some decent games about for it.

Totally transforms things for seated racing. Next level stuff.
Yeah, that had been on my wish list, but I didn't realise that Project cars 2 didn't support PSVR. PC2 is the only driving game I know of that I can genuinely get something out of that might be useful for the actual racecar (e.g. working out broad set-up directions for new circuits).

I may still get a VR headset if one comes up of eBay fo cheap, just for shits and giggles, but this foray into gaming has been pretty cheap so far (£380 for the PS4, controllers, wheel/pedals, 20 games and the Benq projector), and I know how easy it would be to spend a fortune chasing ever-decreasing improvements (2 days into ownership, I can already see that my wish-list setup would be £1500+).
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Most actual racers use iracing and a direct drive wheel. It’s the most authentic sim accessible to the public but you pay for it!
How about not having a sig at all?
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

I liked Lotus Challenge or possibly Esprit Challenge, my brother and I used to see how many people we could knock over. Strangely GTA has never appealed though.

I did recently dig my PS2 out and the kids played some sort of tekken v streetfighter type game and loved it, the graphics, especially on a decent sized screen were a bit woeful though.