Outer Worlds

Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Outer Worlds

Post by Matty »

Anyone plaything this?

It's decent. Like a mix of Bioshock and Fallout, only a few hours in but so far, so good. For those of you who remember "Firefly" you can see the influences - the ship is very similar, and the Parvarti is basically just Kaylee, even in how she speaks.

FYI, on PC you can sign up for the game pass for £1 and play this for a month.
ZedLeg

Re: Outer Worlds

Post by ZedLeg »

I've been playing it on Xbox Gamepass. I'm really liking it.

Played about 25 hours so far, not sure how far I am through the story but I've been taking my time. Doing the companion quests etc.

Only complaint so far is that the combat is a bit too easy. I'm playing on normal and I haven't come up against anything that's a real challenge yet.
An absolute unit
Matty

Post by Matty »

Aye, I've seen you playing it a bit on XBL ;) Normal is too easy - I pumped all my points into Leadership, and my companions are just obliterating everything.

The irony of Obsidian getting an 85 Metacritic, when Bethesda refused to pay them their bonus for New Vegas because they "only" got 84 is great too - not only that, but it dropped the same day Fallout1st did too :lol:
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

How are you getting on with this Matty?

I finished my first playthrough on Sunday, went against the board but didn't do anything too mental so I guess I got the best ending.

I really enjoyed it.

Started another playthrough on Supernova difficulty and I'm going to play a bit more mercenary. Curious to see what happens, There are apparently multiple opportunities to end the game early with decisions you make.
An absolute unit
Matty

Post by Matty »

Scifi+Space+RPG normally has me snorting straight from the bag, but this just didn't do it for me for some reason in the end.

I liked it initially, but it never really got out of first gear. The ship seemed like wasted potential, your crew were all pretty dull and most of their stories didn't really lead anywhere. The story seemed to abruptly end too, I was expecting a bit more "bang" at the end. Ultimately, I felt it was pretty flat and unsatisfying :( I was hoping for a Mass Effect/Bioshock/Fallout crossover...

Apparerently there are loads of different approaches. I liked some of the stories of people playing the "dumb" approach including being able to end the game immediately by flying into the sun, or immeately ratting Welles out to the Board :D so there's plenty of variation, but I wasn't as impressed with it as I thought I would be.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Eh, didn’t realise it was out as the steam release is sometime in 2020 :?
It’s on my wishlist though but I’ll only pay £20 for it.
How about not having a sig at all?