Apple Arcade

ZedLeg

Apple Arcade

Post by ZedLeg »

Anyone else got it yet?

I've been trying out the games for a couple of days. There's some interesting stuff.

Especially liking Sayonara Wild Hearts and Cards of Darkness.
An absolute unit
Richard

Re: Apple Arcade

Post by Richard »

Nah

It feels pretty cheap (£4.99 per month, per family?), especially for families with kids wanting to buy games etc
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

I’m not surprised that this model is being offered, the whole “in app purchases” model has completely ruined the majority of potentially good phone games - to the point of them being unplayable.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Yeah, that's the main appeal to me tbh. I quite like a wee phone game and if I can get a curated selection without annoying ads or micro transactions it's a bonus. Trying to decide what's good by just going through the app store is pretty much impossible.

I've got a lot of use out of the Gamepass on Xbox and this seems similar.
An absolute unit
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

The games they've demo'd so far look pretty good. I'm definitely what you'd call a "casual" gamer these days so this service is appealing to just pick up and play, with progress saved on any device.

And a free year with any Apple device? Will check it out when it lands properly.
Cheers,

Mike.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Ascender wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:51 am The games they've demo'd so far look pretty good. I'm definitely what you'd call a "casual" gamer these days so this service is appealing to just pick up and play, with progress saved on any device.

And a free year with any Apple device? Will check it out when it lands properly.
I don’t think Apple Arcade is free with a iPad/iPhone. I’m pretty sure that’s just Apple TV Plus, or whatever the streaming service is called
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

It's a 1 month free trial then £5 a month
An absolute unit
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Mario Kart sub launched today on iOS and Android. Not sure I like the idea of a sub, but the game will undoubtedly be huge.
Cheers,

Ian
scotta

Post by scotta »

<----- OOFT.

ETA - Richards Profile pic.

Richard wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:37 am
Ascender wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:51 am The games they've demo'd so far look pretty good. I'm definitely what you'd call a "casual" gamer these days so this service is appealing to just pick up and play, with progress saved on any device.

I don’t think Apple Arcade is free with a iPad/iPhone. I’m pretty sure that’s just Apple TV Plus, or whatever the streaming service is called
Richard

Post by Richard »

scotta wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:29 am <----- OOFT.

Did you not see? It has a minor coming together with a local ditch
scotta

Post by scotta »

Richard wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:44 pm
scotta wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:29 am <----- OOFT.

Did you not see? It has a minor coming together with a local ditch
Had heard about it. But hadnt seen any picture.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Ah bollox, of course it is.

Oh well, one month trial* here I come.

* I'll never remember to cancel it. Apple knows it and I know it.
Cheers,

Mike.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I’ve become mildly obsessed with Mini Motorways.

It procedurally generates cities and you have to build road networks to make sure people can get around. Starts simple but gets harder as the city expands. It’s pretty addictive
An absolute unit
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Sounds like the train one - Mini Metro, which is also pretty good.
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Looks like it's made by the same people, hadn't heard of the train one.
An absolute unit
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

unzippy wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:17 pm Sounds like the train one - Mini Metro, which is also pretty good.
They've rebadged it you fool!
scotta

Post by scotta »

ZedLeg wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:49 am I’ve become mildly obsessed with Mini Motorways.

It procedurally generates cities and you have to build road networks to make sure people can get around. Starts simple but gets harder as the city expands. It’s pretty addictive
Playing this recently as well. Its good.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

I've subscribed to Apple One so get Arcade as part of that and there looks like there's some really good and inventive games to try. Mini Motorways was already on the list so will check that one out.

Yes - its done by the same guys who did Mini Metro which is very addictive.
Cheers,

Mike.