Android Q/10

Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Android Q/10

Post by Matty »

Anyone upgraded?

Seems a bit smoother and snappier to me. Dark Theme is nice....as is the ability to only let apps track you when they're open! Worth it for the latter alone. It won't stop Facebook still begging for 24/7 access though

Some various other fixes, but otherwise, so far, so smooth.
McSwede

Re: Android Q/10

Post by McSwede »

Matty wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:07 pm Anyone upgraded?

Seems a bit smoother and snappier to me. Dark Theme is nice....as is the ability to only let apps track you when they're open! Worth it for the latter alone. It won't stop Facebook still begging for 24/7 access though

Some various other fixes, but otherwise, so far, so smooth.
I beta tested it for a few months and upgraded the day it was launched on my Pixel 2xl. I really like it for the reasons you mention. Especially the location services changes, that's superb. Dark mode makes everything better too.

Android on my Pixel makes me not want to change to anything else. It makes my already awesome phone even more awesomer 😂
Simon

Post by Simon »

Yup, also running it on my original Pixel XL, which is nice. Some good incremental updates, and the little warnings every now and again like 'Shell Motorist App got your location whilst it wasn't running' is good, as I go into each of them as I go and change them to 'only whilst running app'.

The only downside is the battery seems to have taken a bit of a hit, but I'm not sure if that's because the phone is now 3 years old with likely close to 1000 charges now.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Richard

Post by Richard »

3 years is a reasonable time to start needing a new battery.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Thank god all these android phones have a separate battery which just clicks in the back meaning a quick and easy replacement...
Cheers, Harry
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Richard wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:11 am 3 years is a reasonable time to start needing a new battery.
Why are Tesla guaranteeing something like 80% battery life after 10 years while my mobile battery shits its biscuits after 2 years?
Richard

Post by Richard »

Matty wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:38 am
Richard wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:11 am 3 years is a reasonable time to start needing a new battery.
Why are Tesla guaranteeing something like 80% battery life after 10 years while my mobile battery shits its biscuits after 2 years?
I’d guess that it’s probably something to do with you not very often drag racing your Tesla, but doing a similar thing with your phone more often?

Also, you’re probably not driving your Tesla all day, but your phone is likely turned on all day?

And Tesla also are building a massive car, so plenty of room for battery cooling etc
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Is it only available on certain networks at the moment? I'm on version 9 and check I check for updates it says I'm up to date.

Ah, just found out they've stopped new updates for the S8.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Zonda_ wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:26 pm Is it only available on certain networks at the moment? I'm on version 9 and check I check for updates it says I'm up to date.

Ah, just found out they've stopped new updates for the S8.
Not sure who outside Pixel owners has it yet??

FWIW my phone is almost 2 years old and the battery is still superb.