Nuraphone

Alex_

Re: Nuraphone

Post by Alex_ »

GG. wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:31 am Just looked on their site... not sure about their quote from Forbes:

"NuraLoop are the last earphones you should ever buy"

:lol: :lol:

Maybe they mean the last earphones you will ever buy?? Marketing fail.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
M235i
dan

Post by dan »

I presume the guy reviewing them thought they were so good you shouldn't buy any other headphones? I don't see the funny bit there...
mik

Post by mik »

Mercun language fail.

I expect they could care less.
GG.

Post by GG. »

dan wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:16 am I presume the guy reviewing them thought they were so good you shouldn't buy any other headphones? I don't see the funny bit there...
Clearly they didn't either. The plain meaning of the words implies the opposite. Standard case of American English speakers not understanding subtext or hidden meaning (not even hidden really!).

If I tell you "that's the last thing you should ever do" does that mean do it or not?

The thing mainly getting on my tits recently though is the proliferation of "just a couple other things". Arghh!
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

before buying the Nuraloops, look into their issues with microphonics...
dan

Post by dan »

GG. wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:35 am
dan wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:16 am I presume the guy reviewing them thought they were so good you shouldn't buy any other headphones? I don't see the funny bit there...
Clearly they didn't either. The plain meaning of the words implies the opposite. Standard case of American English speakers not understanding subtext or hidden meaning (not even hidden really!).

If I tell you "that's the last thing you should ever do" does that mean do it or not?

The thing mainly getting on my tits recently though is the proliferation of "just a couple other things". Arghh!
My point was we all know what they mean, its an advert and this is a forum, not the European court of human rights...its more of an observation on human nature on my part, like who gives a shit enough to critique the words of an advert and post about it on a forum, it baffles me, hence my post count.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Said the man arguing the toss about why you'd bother posting oblivious to the inherent contradiction.

I thought it was funny given it implies the opposite, nothing more - it made me laugh - not get angry and I agree I'm sure everybody knows what they mean. Why you would get indignant about that is perplexing, but anyhow that's more your problem than mine and if you're that sensitive to such things then perhaps best for you you don't spend much time on here... :lol:
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

The internet is fierce today :lol:
mik

Post by mik »

@dan Shirley you wouldn’t be delighted if someone went on Seloc and suggested that the last place anyone should take their lotus for Hondation is HPE? It’s the absolute opposite of an endorsement? :?
Maurice

Post by Maurice »

They eventually arrived and sound quality was great (although not as good as the Nuraphones). They don’t feel particularly well built and there were a few niggles as Dan mentioned.

The one big issue in this day of mask wearing was the connecting wire looped round the back of your neck. It meant it could be a bit of a faff taking a mask on and off which became quite irritating quickly.

Recently upgraded to a set of Devialet Geminis. Pricey, and not without their own foibles, but they are better than the Nuraloops in pretty much every way in my opinion.
dan

Post by dan »

GG. wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:00 pm Said the man arguing the toss about why you'd bother posting oblivious to the inherent contradiction.

I thought it was funny given it implies the opposite, nothing more - it made me laugh - not get angry and I agree I'm sure everybody knows what they mean. Why you would get indignant about that is perplexing, but anyhow that's more your problem than mine and if you're that sensitive to such things then perhaps best for you you don't spend much time on here... :lol:
Not oblivious, very aware of the obvious contradition, hence me pointing out my post count...i very rarely bother to comment that I find most of the stuff people say on the internet to be complete and utter bullshit, but just this once thought i'd add my views even though I knew this outcome would be inevitable, but its a bit of fun isn't it.....If you think I have a problem with it though you've misunderstood me very badly though.
dan

Post by dan »

mik wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:45 pm @dan Shirley you wouldn’t be delighted if someone went on Seloc and suggested that the last place anyone should take their lotus for Hondation is HPE? It’s the absolute opposite of an endorsement? :?
Yes, yes I would.
mik

Post by mik »

dan wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:07 pm
mik wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:45 pm @dan Shirley you wouldn’t be delighted if someone went on Seloc and suggested that the last place anyone should take their lotus for Hondation is HPE? It’s the absolute opposite of an endorsement? :?
Yes, yes I would.
Erm. I was wrong. :?
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I must've impulse bought Nuraphones and forgot about it as they came in the mail today :lol:

They are very good, currently giving them a work out with the Burial remix of Inner City Life and I'm impressed.
An absolute unit
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:25 pm I must've impulse bought Nuraphones and forgot about it as they came in the mail today :lol:

They are very good, currently giving them a work out with the Burial remix of Inner City Life and I'm impressed.
Interested to hear (no pun untended) how they do in long term use.

e.g. sometimes those things that initially wow us, end up tiring us

I wonder if the wow effect of the Nuraphones tires after a while?
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

After a couple of days using them, I'm still very impressed.

Sound quality is great through a wide range of music, the bluetooth connection is rock solid. The ANC is excellent, to the point that the social mode which pipes in outside noise via the mic is actually pretty useful if you don't want to take them on and off.

They're good for calls too. I've been using them for work calls today and they come with a 3.5mm jack cable so I could use them as a headset when I was playing CoD with some pals last night. The gaming sound wasn't as full as it is from my sound bar but the increased directionality was certainly useful. TBH I wouldn't be surprised if the loss of sound quality had more to do with how the sound is processed from the console than the headphones.

I'll report back if I get sick of them in a couple of weeks :lol:
An absolute unit
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

ZedLeg wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:58 pm After a couple of days using them, I'm still very impressed.

Sound quality is great through a wide range of music, the bluetooth connection is rock solid. The ANC is excellent, to the point that the social mode which pipes in outside noise via the mic is actually pretty useful if you don't want to take them on and off.

They're good for calls too. I've been using them for work calls today and they come with a 3.5mm jack cable so I could use them as a headset when I was playing CoD with some pals last night. The gaming sound wasn't as full as it is from my sound bar but the increased directionality was certainly useful. TBH I wouldn't be surprised if the loss of sound quality had more to do with how the sound is processed from the console than the headphones.

I'll report back if I get sick of them in a couple of weeks :lol:
I've been very intrigued with them since they were released - the £12/month subscription offer is quite appealing, just so that I can try them

I'm actually in the process of selling a bunch of headphones and other electronics, so it's not an ideal time for a new pair to arrive at the door :)
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Yeah, the sub is what I’ve got so I can return them if I don’t get on with them.
An absolute unit
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

So I've found the ideal use for cranking the immersion mode up.

I've been listening to a lot of Jungle today as someone on Twitter has been posting loads of videos of General Levy doing Incredible.

On these headphones with the immersion mode up it's exactly like standing next to the speakers in a club without blowing your eardrums out :lol:
An absolute unit
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

After not getting on with the RHA in ear phones I bought, I'd been looking for new ones. I got a discount code from Nura, so ordered their Nurabuds.

Build quality is definitely a step down from the Nuraphones, very plasticky construction and the charging case feels very cheap and flimsy.

That's really the end of the downsides though. They sound great and they don't drop bluetooth connection like the RHA ones did, you don't get access to the full personalised sound thing, but they do connect to the app so you can use the active noise cancellation bypass which is handy.

Fit is really good too, they fit right in my ears and sit securely. My other problem with the RHA ones was that they were constantly falling out of my ears. Even if I wasn't moving, I had to give up using them on work calls because they were so annoying.

If you're looking for decent buds at the £100 range I'd recommend.
An absolute unit