E3 2019

Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

E3 2019

Post by Matty »

CDPR only knocked it out of the park by introducing Keanu Reeves in Cyberpunk 2077 :lol:
New XBox "Scarlet" and xCloud, but a while away and very little info.
Forza...now with added Lego!
Generic looking Star Wars Jedi game.
I'm not into Flight Sims, but the new MS sim looked incredible. That terrain detail is insane.
Gears 5...meh.

Probably just getting old, but very little of it appealed.
RobYob

Re: E3 2019

Post by RobYob »

Cyberpunk 2077 looked awesome.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Ah that time of year when we get promises of next gen consoles with 8k gaming and frames which will never be attainable :lol:

MS Flight Sim made me genuinely excited but again it’s really the sort of game which works much better on PC.
How about not having a sig at all?
Simon

Post by Simon »

Flight Sim will be both PC and XBox apparently. The questions are though:

1) Will it be like 'Flight' and 'Flight Sim World' where they abandon it after a year?
2) Like the above, will it only be a small area of the world that you can travel, rather than FSX and P3D before it which are 'all world'
3) Will it support add-ons?

I've got hundreds and hundreds invested in P3D add-ons over the years. They won't get the community onboard to get the new Flight Sim unless it supports add-ons in some form.
Last edited by Simon on Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

There wasn’t much that really interested me this year.

The only games I’m really looking forward to at the moment are Death Stranding and Outer Worlds.
An absolute unit
Barry

Post by Barry »

Ahem

Richard

Post by Richard »

Matty wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:31 pm
New XBox "Scarlet" and xCloud, but a while away and very little info.
I seem to remember one of the massive benefits of buying an Xbox One was the cloud computing, which never happened
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Simon wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:42 am Flight Sim will be both PC and XBox apparently. The questions are though:

1) Will it be like 'Flight' and 'Flight Sim World' where they abandon it after a year?
2) Like the above, will it only be a small area of the world that you can travel, rather than FSX and P3D before it which are 'all world'
3) Will it support add-ons?

I've got hundreds and hundreds invested in P3D add-ons over the years. They won't get the community onboard to get the new Flight Sim unless it supports add-ons in some form.
I've been toying with the idea of getting back into flight sims. Anything you can recommend please? PC runs a GTX 1070 currently and an i7 4790KS and I'd go get myself a stick of joy, too.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Part of it really depends how much time and money you have to tweak and set things up.

If I were coming to it now I'd get myself a copy of XP11 or P3D academic just to keep my hand in, whilst waiting to see what FS 2020 is all about. I wouldn't suggest you invest too much time in add-ons or anything yet in case FS 2020 rewrites the rulebook too much and developers can't port stuff over easily or cheaply.

The other question is, what do you like to fly?
The artist formerly known as _Who_
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Simon wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:45 pm Part of it really depends how much time and money you have to tweak and set things up.

If I were coming to it now I'd get myself a copy of XP11 or P3D academic just to keep my hand in, whilst waiting to see what FS 2020 is all about. I wouldn't suggest you invest too much time in add-ons or anything yet in case FS 2020 rewrites the rulebook too much and developers can't port stuff over easily or cheaply.

The other question is, what do you like to fly?
Did two thirds of a PPL in a Cessna years ago (moved to Brussels, had to stop), so TBH I'd be happy enough trying to get to grips with something like that again, at least initially. But if something then offered the chance to try something like a King Air for example or something else twin prop, I'd be happy to invest the time to get everything setup properly.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

ShockDiamonds wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:41 pm

I've been toying with the idea of getting back into flight sims. Anything you can recommend please? PC runs a GTX 1070 currently and an i7 4790KS and I'd go get myself a stick of joy, too.
I'm not saying this because I'm selling one, but seriously, get a VR headset. Your spec is more than enough and it'll completely transform how you play, especially with a flight stick.
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Matty wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:05 pm
ShockDiamonds wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:41 pm

I'm not saying this because I'm selling one, but seriously, get a VR headset. Your spec is more than enough and it'll completely transform how you play, especially with a flight stick.
Oh got a Rift already, but seldom use it these days, which probably explains why it went out of my head when I posted.