Google: Project Stadia

integrale_evo

Re: Google: Project Stadia

Post by integrale_evo »

Matty wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:08 am Well Stadia is a total success!*

*If you don't count the unplayable lag on anything other than a leased line, the terrible lineup and awful cheapo controller

Well there's a massive surprise! :lol:
Cheers, Harry
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Mate in the office was saying that his other mate has received his controller through the post, but with no activation code. So he's ever so slightly :evil:
Mr Pish
Currently Driving: Model 3 Performance

Post by Mr Pish »

ShockDiamonds wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:36 pm Mate in the office was saying that his other mate has received his controller through the post, but with no activation code. So he's ever so slightly :evil:
sounds like nobody did and that the whole launch was a shit show

Join us, join the Teslarati!
Beany

Post by Beany »

Ouch.

That's just... Terrible
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Holy forking shirtballs. :shock:
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Jason Shreier of Kotaku who gets the insider scoop have said sales are below expectations and they'll need a full pivot to survive. However, I played it on Friday on a 50mb FTTC circuit and it's not bad. There's very slight input lag, but the main issue is the image/audio would break up now and again, it's like an FPS drop except the who image hangs for a second. The input lag I could deal with (on the correct title) but those stutters are a deal breaker.

I've also been accepted into the XCloud beta, MS's alternative. It's only playable on Android devices, but I can play Forza on my PC, turn it off, then turn my phone on and carry on where I left off, which is pretty awesome. Screen is a bit small though ;) The input lag is slightly higher than I saw on Stadia, but considering its got 50 titles for free with £0 up front, whereas Stadia has 2....for £130 up front :?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I didn’t realise that PS4 Pro /Xbox one X prices are now at £300. Just get a One X and a game pass for however little it costs per month which makes it a clear no brainer compared to this laggy shitshow.
How about not having a sig at all?
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

I gave GeForce Now a go this morning, played a brief game of Apex Legends on a five year old laptop with integrated intel graphics.

I was most impressed.

It doesn't like my crappy home wifi, but neither do I!
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Hmm I keep forgetting about this. Looked at RDR2 on Steam out of interest, but 50 odd quid for a game just to pass a few hours (off work the coming week) and 150GB storage primarily made me think perhaps Google is the better option.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

You do still have to own it somewhere though like Steam, GeForce Now just saves you having to buy hardware to run it. You're also at the mercy of pubishers blocking the service as Activision Blizzard, 2K and Bethesda have done.
Richard

Post by Richard »

You can now get 2 months of Stadia Premium for free now
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Mate of mine from work has been using the free GeForce now time to play Fortnite on a potato laptop. He's liked it so much he has now subscribed.

Certainly he doesn't appear to play Fortnite much worse than the rest of us :oops:

A GeForce sub at £5/month versus a new GPU whenever I need to upgrade may be a tough choice.