New shiny: OnePlus 6t

User avatar
Richard
Posts: 817
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:03 pm

Re: New shiny: OnePlus 6t

Post by Richard » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:13 pm

ste wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:21 am
Of course I am, for the same reasons I don't drink Tesco lager or wear shoes from Next.
Hahaha

User avatar
ste
Posts: 877
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:16 pm

Re: New shiny: OnePlus 6t

Post by ste » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:22 pm

JLv3.0 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:43 am
I'd genuinely forgotten that iPhone people really do think they're better :lol:
Know we're better. 8-)

I'm sure you make a lovely cup of tea though and I bet you're good at arranging the biscuits on a plate.

User avatar
JLv3.0
Posts: 4783
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:42 am

Re: New shiny: OnePlus 6t

Post by JLv3.0 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:23 pm

Then you radically over-estimate my general levels of ability, don't you :D

User avatar
ste
Posts: 877
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:16 pm

Re: New shiny: OnePlus 6t

Post by ste » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:25 pm

Matty wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:40 am
ste wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:15 am
Oh I don't know. First thing I do is put my phone on the table in front of me in a meeting. I want everyone to see I'm King Dick, alpha, don't argue with me I'm fucking right.
:lol:

Now I know where I've been going wrong.
Give it a whirl. Bizz-nizz is a serious thing. Get it right and you'll be able to upgrade that plastic car for a proper metal one.

Nathan
Posts: 526
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:08 pm

Re: New shiny: OnePlus 6t

Post by Nathan » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:50 pm

Matty wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:56 pm
DaveE wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:35 pm
I've had a good play with the S10e and that's a cracking phone IMO - could well be my next move. (Although it's a sad sign that now the "cheap" version is over £650.)
I was having a go on my mates S10e at work. It's nice and all....but I kept thinking, what does it do that my 3-year old Pixel doesn't? Screens a bit nicer, cameras a bit better....but....£700? For that? Pass.

I'm only looking at upgrading because my battery struggles to get a full day even though I've set it to be in battery saver mode constantly :evil: otherwise I'd happily keep it.
Real nerdz change their batteries

User avatar
integrale_evo
Posts: 1160
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:58 pm

Re: New shiny: OnePlus 6t

Post by integrale_evo » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:58 pm

JLv3.0 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:43 am
I'd genuinely forgotten that iPhone people really do think they're better :lol:
Woh woah woah,

Haven't androiders always creamed their pants any time they spotted an iPhone without a replaceable battery, memory card slot or headphone jack?

I.e. The things they're now removing from swish new android phones? :lol:
Cheers, Harry

User avatar
JLv3.0
Posts: 4783
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:42 am

Re: New shiny: OnePlus 6t

Post by JLv3.0 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:01 pm

Ah - yep that is true actually :lol:

What do you reckon our parents' generation argued about with such fervour? Styluses or which tape deck had the softest eject, etc? :D

User avatar
ste
Posts: 877
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:16 pm

Re: New shiny: OnePlus 6t

Post by ste » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:15 pm

JLv3.0 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:01 pm
Ah - yep that is true actually :lol:

What do you reckon our parents' generation argued about with such fervour? Styluses?
Ortofon Concorde. Next.

DaveE
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: New shiny: OnePlus 6t

Post by DaveE » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:12 pm

JLv3.0 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:40 am
Yeah this echoes the points made on the previous page. New phones are just a little bit better than old phones, and just a little bit better doesn't translate to "must chuck a grand at it to have one". Not to me anyway!
I take your point, and I don't disagree.

You could level that argument at all sorts of things that we buy, where we do so to gain incremental, not revolutionary benefits now.

DaveE
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: New shiny: OnePlus 6t

Post by DaveE » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:13 pm

ste wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:15 pm
JLv3.0 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:01 pm
Ah - yep that is true actually :lol:

What do you reckon our parents' generation argued about with such fervour? Styluses?
Ortofon Concorde. Next.
Correct - used to love those when I had decks.... :)

User avatar
JLv3.0
Posts: 4783
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:42 am

Re: New shiny: OnePlus 6t

Post by JLv3.0 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:30 pm

DaveE wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:12 pm
You could level that argument at all sorts of things that we buy, where we do so to gain incremental, not revolutionary benefits now.
It's been a very long day, but off the top of my head I can't really think of anything that is all that similar. Most things I can think of are either better for less money than the item they're replacing (e.g. TVs) or provide either a quantifiable increase in performance, reliability and /or usability (e.g. cars). Phones seem to have plateaued in terms of functionality so the investment doesn't get much return.

User avatar
DeskJockey
Posts: 934
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:58 am

Re: New shiny: OnePlus 6t

Post by DeskJockey » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:32 pm

JLv3.0 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:30 pm
DaveE wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:12 pm
You could level that argument at all sorts of things that we buy, where we do so to gain incremental, not revolutionary benefits now.
It's been a very long day, but off the top of my head I can't really think of anything that is all that similar. Most things I can think of are either better for less money than the item they're replacing (e.g. TVs) or provide either a quantifiable increase in performance, reliability and /or usability (e.g. cars). Phones seem to have plateaued in terms of functionality so the investment doesn't get much return.
Wot JL sez. I think we won't see anything significant until they improve batteries.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away

User avatar
McSwede
Posts: 867
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:04 pm

Re: New shiny: OnePlus 6t

Post by McSwede » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:34 pm

DeskJockey wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:32 pm
JLv3.0 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:30 pm
DaveE wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:12 pm
You could level that argument at all sorts of things that we buy, where we do so to gain incremental, not revolutionary benefits now.
It's been a very long day, but off the top of my head I can't really think of anything that is all that similar. Most things I can think of are either better for less money than the item they're replacing (e.g. TVs) or provide either a quantifiable increase in performance, reliability and /or usability (e.g. cars). Phones seem to have plateaued in terms of functionality so the investment doesn't get much return.
Wot JL sez. I think we won't see anything significant until they improve batteries.
This is why I kept my Galaxy Note 4 for so long. Nothing else came out that was a significant enough leap forward to make it worth the big outlay. Once the Pixel 2 XL came along I pulled the trigger (Boatshoesc) and I will undoubtedly keep this for quite a while until there is a significant enough improvement in tech.

User avatar
Mito Man
Posts: 2553
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:27 pm

Re: New shiny: OnePlus 6t

Post by Mito Man » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:57 pm

I guess the next big thing is the folding screen but they just look like a passing fad to me - phone screens are big enough as is imo. Don’t care too much about battery life as long as it lasts a full day. Can’t help but think that current phones have a heck of a lot of power that is pretty much going wasted for the average user - you don’t need all those cores for your day to day use and using an phone for actual work is more trouble than it’s worth - if only I could plug my phone into a screen and keyboard to turn it into a proper laptop.
How about not having a sig at all?

User avatar
integrale_evo
Posts: 1160
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:58 pm

Re: New shiny: OnePlus 6t

Post by integrale_evo » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:43 pm

I'm sure they could do that already if they wanted to.

But then they wouldn't be able to sell you a phone, a tablet and a laptop :lol:
Cheers, Harry

User avatar
unzippy
Posts: 462
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:02 pm

Re: New shiny: OnePlus 6t

Post by unzippy » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:49 am

I've just moved from a OnePlus 3t to a Huawei Mate 20 Pro.
No headphone jack but does have a SD card slot.

Feels like a massive step up compared to the old device. I've gone from charging several times a day to "I've yet to run the battery down in a day."
The camera is mind blowingly good compared to the previous.
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division

User avatar
Richard
Posts: 817
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:03 pm

Re: New shiny: OnePlus 6t

Post by Richard » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:02 pm

Those Mate 20 Pros are really very good.

Not sure I’d be buying a Huawei phone though? Maybe. I do have sercurity concerns though. Not that we’ve seen any concrete evidence about that yet though

User avatar
Swervin_Mervin
Posts: 1131
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:58 pm

Re: New shiny: OnePlus 6t

Post by Swervin_Mervin » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:39 pm

Surprised you're allowed to buy one in Aus!

User avatar
unzippy
Posts: 462
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:02 pm

Re: New shiny: OnePlus 6t

Post by unzippy » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:05 am

Swervin_Mervin wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:39 pm
Surprised you're allowed to buy one in Aus!
I thought it was an Aus model at first - maaaaate!

:lol:
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division

User avatar
JLv3.0
Posts: 4783
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:42 am

Re: New shiny: OnePlus 6t

Post by JLv3.0 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:11 am

Whereas my old man calls them Geordie phones. Howay!! :lol:

Post Reply