American Truck Simulator

ShockDiamonds

American Truck Simulator

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Bit niche perhaps, has anyone ever tried this? Got it a long time ago (a gift) but never really bothered with it, until recently. It's quite addictive, trying to avoid fines and hitting other cars (driving at night with a trailer in complete darkness is quite the challenge), having to deal with the police randomly closing roads in response to accidents, building cash to spec up a decent Kenworth or similar and generally driving around what is most of the US western states delivering stuff. Maybe the novelty will wear off, but right now it's all I'm playing.

There's loads of mods to try too, it would seem.
scotta

Re: American Truck Simulator

Post by scotta »

Steam?
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Yes via Steam. And the mods appear to all be integrated too on that platform, although I've not as yet tried any.

At some point I'll probably try Euro Truck Simulator too. Have seen some YouTube clips - they look to have replicated some of the autobahn sections in southern Germany pretty accurately.
Simon

Post by Simon »

I've both ETS2 and ATS. I got ETS2 first and have played it quite extensively. Picked up ATS about a year ago in a Steam sale but haven't fired it up once yet.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Is there winter in ETS2? I've seen rain thus far in ATS (only briefly) but no other sign of weather cycles.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I enjoyed ETS2 more, it’s just been around so much longer that it’s a more complete game. When ATS was released there were only 2 states for the first year so it got boring quite quickly and the FFB was buggy which put me off it.
How about not having a sig at all?
Simon

Post by Simon »

ShockDiamonds wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:37 pm Is there winter in ETS2? I've seen rain thus far in ATS (only briefly) but no other sign of weather cycles.
I don't think so, but I haven't even played ETS2 in ages due to other commitments. Must dig it out!
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Euro Truck Simulator on an oculus rift is one of the most relaxing video games I've ever played. Would recommend.
An absolute unit
ste

Post by ste »

You people. :lol:
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Always liked the idea of farming simulator, just never quite enough to actually buy it :lol:
Cheers, Harry
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Simon wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:17 pm
ShockDiamonds wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:37 pm Is there winter in ETS2? I've seen rain thus far in ATS (only briefly) but no other sign of weather cycles.
I don't think so, but I haven't even played ETS2 in ages due to other commitments. Must dig it out!
Apparently there is a winter weather mod which is quite convincing. So will have to give that a go.
tim

Post by tim »

integrale_evo wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:28 pm Always liked the idea of farming simulator, just never quite enough to actually buy it :lol:
I bloody love Farming Simulator, possibly a bit too much. But then I don't play it "properly". The game saves are just plain XML and you can easily give yourself 100 million quid and just buy all the cool shit, make mahoosive fields and have 10 combines going at once.

It's a fun foil from the daily grind.

I got bored with Truck Simulator pertty quickly, but then I hadn't twigged you can play it with a Rift!
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

ste wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:03 pmYou people. :lol:
this!
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

tim wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:10 am I got bored with Truck Simulator pertty quickly, but then I hadn't twigged you can play it with a Rift!
Having to constantly try to locate 'T' for trailer lift, 'L' for lights, 'space' for parking brake etc is a right old bark though with the headset on, so I don't bother anymore.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Don't you have a wheel Mark? Between all the buttons on my wheel and my separate shifter I don't need to use the keyboard at all...
ste

Post by ste »

The images I have in my head. :lol:

This species is fucked.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

I felt like a nerd wanting to build an 00 gauge shunting yard.

Now I see that would make me a proverbial rock star in this company 8-)

Dave!
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

ste wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:21 pm The images I have in my head. :lol:

This species is fucked.
Need to be thankful for small mercies Ste. Imagine if Shockers had made one of his videos of him playing said game?

See - I made it better.
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Simon wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:48 pm Don't you have a wheel Mark? Between all the buttons on my wheel and my separate shifter I don't need to use the keyboard at all...
Yes but add in camera selection, indicators, dashboard mode switching etc, the wheel doesn't have enough buttons.
ste

Post by ste »

Could you maybe upgrade it?